• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So what brand chronograph is the hide favorite?

I have a F1 and magnetospeed. Yes the magnetospeed affects my groupings by a lot! It's perfect if you just want to get velocity. Terrible for testing loads! Especially doing an OCW test. The Labradar will be the best for sure!

Heretic.

It has no effect, if you never used it you can't say it does, I have shot 1/4 MOA groups with it without issue. It has no adverse effects on accuracy at all and only on some barrels have I seen it move everything up.

It never misses a shot, is not dependent on the light conditions and it's been put against chronographs that cost 3x more and the results speak for themselves.

I have an Oehler 35P, PVM-21, CED M3, SuperChrono and the MagnetoSpeed, it's the go too unit without a doubt.

It works, I use it indoor and out, in fact I use it on every students gun in every local class I teach.

I recently got a Magnetospeed V2, based on many of the comments in this thread. It is a neat unit with a couple of design issues. Yesterday, I broke the buckle on the attachment strap (kinda chintzy plastic), a problem solved by the newly released V3, which uses a metal buckle. I've already arranged a return and swap for the upgrade. I completely agree with Lowlight on this one. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

As a BTW, When I test loads, I make up 10 for each recipe. I chrono without worrying about group size and then, after I finish the chromo work, I take the unit off and work on optimal group size. Thus, even if the unit interferes with normal barrel harmonics, it doesn't impact my accuracy testing. Now, I'm a n00b at long range shooting but fairly experienced with rifles. Since getting this chromo, I'm now much more confident of my loads and their ballistics.

FH