• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Somebody gotta mansplain this to me. Louis Vitton

What makes this so special?
Looking for a Xmas gift for my gf.
1st I walk in and look at one that I think she might like. Ask how much? Gal says. "Its a lifestyle."
"Huh?"
"How much you want it for?"
I let her know, I don't. But my gf might like it. "Oh, this is for a man."
Well fuck me, I never would have guessed.
"OH, ok." "Maybe show me the women's then."
Ist one, too big.
"How about this one?"(pictured)
"Uh, yeah I guess."
"How much?"
I only HEAR the first 3 digits.
I think "Iguess that's not as bad as I thought"
I see the price and it finally registers.
I'm fucking her- not the purse, but at that price I might try. It must be amazing.
No where did it say "Mystery Ranch" on it.or Area 419.
Didn't see a life time gaur un tee.
No clue why this thing could.cost that much. Is it self cleaning, close automatically, count change and block raid?
Oh yeah, "It's a LIFESTYLE!"

Realization, I'm a poor.
Buy her a rubber fist! The micheal Phelps edition!
A91A519C-63F7-409D-A6D6-0133E60C6D1C.png

Is that the same as buying hits with rifle gear?
Stop bringing function into the equation.

It's kind of like when I used to snowboard. We were doing the half pipe, rails, big air, etc we spent every dollar we had on season passes, gas money, sleeping in vehicles...

We had one distant friend in our group that always had the latest and greatest gear and said that people only see you and judge you based on what you're wearing in the lift line to take you back to the top. Nobody really knows how good you are except from what you're wearing

that may have applied to him and his crowd, but everyone I knew thought he was a poser

In the end, do what makes you happy

If it's impressing people, good for you.

If it's best value, good for you.

If it's functionally most efficient, good for you.

It's your husband's money, spend it how you want. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I bet good money he is still broke as fuck too.
Maybe but his broke sure has a lot nicer shit then I do 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not wearing designer clothes, driving a new S class, a new raptor, and a fat ass gold chain around my neck, two story brick home, and a damn French bulldog that was $10k lol.

You are right though because I have seen him fake so much but he has also gone into some
Partnerships with people WAY out of his league just because he looked the part.

A woman owns a Louis Vitton purse so she can show everyone shes so rich that she can afford to spend 5k on a purse that's maybe worth $500 in materials and labor. The male version would be lighting your cigars with hundred dollar bills.

I agree with some above, you can't compare purchasing say a custom GAP rifle versus a stock Savage as there is HUGE difference in quality and getting what you pay for, but instead I offer up the analogy of some Crye pants vs. 5.11 clearance.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Just $2500?

Pshaw....

Cheers,

Sirhr

My wife wanted a pocket knife for Christmas. Something she could carry around the farm for odds and ends. Picked up a Benchmade Freek for her. If she wants a purse she can go buy her own. I’m not getting involved in that and she is well aware. If she wants to spend stupid money on a purse then she is welcome to. She makes plenty to do as she likes. Last summer was sunglasses. I don’t care what the difference is between a $100 and $700 pair. Just don’t ask me to go fashion accessory shopping and I won’t ask her to go buy me a new pistol, rifle or shotgun.

On another note....though many folks buying this stuff have lots of money and more power to them, there are a ton that don't. Most of the new diesel, new SUV, 4000sq foot home, every new toy people around here couldn't approach what I have built......and we drive older vehicles, live in a 100 year old farm house etc. The difference is I shunned the staus quo and busted ass for the early years and now we can do the things we like and want with cash. I see women around our area with stuff like that but they still have a car payment....it's ignorant. Insert any other extravagance when the necessities are not owned outright.

Last edited:
Maybe but his broke sure has a lot nicer shit then I do 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m not wearing designer clothes, driving a new S class, a new raptor, and a fat ass gold chain around my neck, two story brick home, and a damn French bulldog that was $10k lol.

You are right though because I have seen him fake so much but he has also gone into some
Partnerships with people WAY out of his league just because he looked the part.
Lots of folks live like that, I've known a bunch.

Some of the wealthiest people I've ever known, looked like they couldn't buy a decent automobile.

Why do people pay $1300 for a Zero press that essentially does the same thing as a ~$100 press?

Really though LV is for peasants. Look up how much Hermes Birkin can cost.

Yeow. Just poked around that on fleabay:

I looked at what items that seller had actually sold and it was all under $5K. Most under $1K.

Like Chevy has Corvettes to get people in the showroom to buy Malibu's.

So a movie or musical star or some other high profile "influencer" gets a bag that cost more than your house (probably at a hefty discount, if not a free loan as long as it is displayed in paparazzi pix) and the wannabe lemmings go out and drop $500 on a Hermes scarf so they can "be one with the lifestyle".

Alternatively, hedge fundsters or brokers take part of their year end bone-us to drop on 20-something supermodels in the Big Apple, who in exchange are their sex toys for the next year.

Bet the LV guy made his fortune by selling a shit-ton to vain women (and men) who want to be perceived as hanging with Lady Gaga or Paris Hilton whoever, made his killing selling mid-range crap to the women with (their or their ex-husband's) disposable income. Look at Peltz, the billionaire who owns Wendy's. His daughter gets the $300K Hermes purse that she uses a couple times a year while daddy rightsizes Wendy's burgers into the lowest quality crap that customers won't spontaneously vomit.

Nowadays, "Career women" or newly funded divorcees have no qualms about dropping kilobucks on purses and garages full of shoes in some misguided belief it will change their world into a Lifetime movie where Antonio Banderas will sweep them off their feet. As if anyone could actually lift a bonbon-munching Jenny Craig washout with six-figure cc debt and her herd of cats.

They're all Kardashians. Overt or covert.

Which image is harder to erase from your head: A guy with a man-purse or a guy rocking a Fanny pack…
I am jaded. I have seen a retired special forces guy who know dresses and identifies as a woman decided he did not like what Ben Shapiro had to say and grabbed Ben by the back of the neck and said, "If you do not stop what you are doing, will be leaving here in an ambulance."

The useless host said and did nothing. The tough guy lady should have been ejected from the studio for making physical threats.

How to say you were traveling without saying you were traveling. 2700 sgd (Singapore dollars) is only 1,986.90. Should help you feel better.

Reactions: Ichi
I think the price for a purse like that is stupid. But, some people have raised some interesting points. My tools are Snap on. I have many custom knives that I don’t use. I have many built rifles and pistols for uspsa. My wife is a good woman who has always let me have my expensive hobbies, and she usually didn’t complain. When she did object, she was correct because I have a bad habit of going all in on a project, and will spend money when I shouldn’t. If she wanted a purse like that, I would object at first, but after thinking about it, she has earned it.
So you buy expensive stuff,,, with your own money ? Then you can buy exactly whatevrr the fuk you want. You are a grown ass man.

Also... You poors need to look intoLamborghini furniture. Bet you thought they only make cars.. nope.

Last edited:
The bottom line is this......

Married rules.......It's no longer your money or her money and if a $3k purse gives her the same satisfaction as $3k rifle scope does you.......then so be it you can't say shit.

Not married rules......Who the fuck does she think she is wanting you to buy her a $3k purse if she wants to buy it for herself that's her business.

Let's not forget the cost of ammunition... Whenever I'm eyeing that new rifle, I'm also thinking about how much it will cost to shoot and how often I can afford to shoot it. The days of shooting 200 rounds per range trip of anything other than bulk 5.56 have come to a halt.

When talking with friends about shooting 6.5, 7, 300, 338 and other expensive calibers, this image sums it up perfectly.

throwing-money.gif

And yes, I bought the wife a Louis Vuitton purse...

Reactions: mosin46
Just $2500?

Pshaw....

Cheers,

Sirhr
I sAw a LV steamer trunk sell for a stupid amount of money once. Guy bought a house and it was up in the attic.

Was telling my wife about this thread. She said, “That’s nothing” and sent me this. Crazy.
8B647C4B-19B7-45B1-B875-7EE1B3E50566.jpeg

I am jaded. I have seen a retired special forces guy who know dresses and identifies as a woman decided he did not like what Ben Shapiro had to say and grabbed Ben by the back of the neck and said, "If you do not stop what you are doing, will be leaving here in an ambulance."

The useless host said and did nothing. The tough guy lady should have been ejected from the studio for making physical threats.
Used to identify as a woman. https://www.dailywire.com/news/reti...veals-he-has-detransitioned-destroyed-my-life

When I bought my wife her first LV bag I set off a chain of events that led me to a strange place.

I was disgusted with the idea of spending $3k on pocketbook- and rightfully so. I also got the most sublimely filthy lovin' I've ever had. As the bag collection grew things got even more expensive and freaky.

If she ever gets a Birkin bag I don't think I'll be able to look her in the eye the next morning.

Maybe 25 or 30 years ago I asked a friend for a Christmas gift idea for my wife. She recommended a (forget the name) purse and wallet. I head to the local department store and find the purse section. Sticking out like a whore in church I told the lady what I wanted. She pulled them out and said multi-hundreds of dollars (maybe $500)...for the purse. Matching wallet was two or so. WIfe oohed and ahhed over them, used for maybe a year and put them in her closet. Gave them to the DIL some years later.

A few years ago LV called my wife up out of the blue. Told her that the 4-5 year-old purse she bought hadn't worn well for other customers. They offered to take it back at full (current) retail in exchange for another one of her choosing. All she had to do was make an appointment with the LV store she was next going to. Wife super-happy with the new purse. I was impressed by their customer service and brand management.

Recently sent my 12 year old DTA SRS back to DT because it would no longer hold repeatable zero between barrel changes. DT took 100% care of me and made it right. I am impressed with their customer service and brand management.

Wife never gave me grief over the DT. I'm fine with her buying things she perceives as nice. And nice things cost money.

Reactions: geek65
LV is definitely quality stuff. This I know. The classic print is also ALWAYS cheaper than the limited run shit.

However: it's Burberry or Gucci FTW.

Looking at you @TheGerman 😉👍

So my wife has actually had this conversation. And allow me to preface it by, she can basically afford whatever the fuck she wants.

People who can afford things like Gucci, LV, etc generally don't have a ton of it and/or if they do, its not that big of a deal to them. It's the people who technically can't afford it but 'splurge' on a 3k purse, $900 heels, etc that make a huge deal over brands.

My wife likes what she likes. She also might be wearing a pair of pants she looks really good in that she found on sale somewhere for $12 while wearing a Gucci scarf and whatever today's bag is.

Meanwhile, people at her job making $14/hour are flipping out she has X brand bag and then they basically max their credit cards out to 'splurge' and get one too.

My wife has these things because she likes certain patterns or colors or because it caught her eye. She also knows that most of this shit is like $50 in material and $2950 pure fluff.

The other people have them as faux status symbols because they can't actually afford them.

They are not the same.

I have some extremely nice firearms. I didn't buy them like a lot of people do because I keep them in the safe, polish their roll marks and take any opportunity I can to show them to someone when they visit at a 50:1 show and tell to actually shooting it ratio. I have specific weapons because I am one of very few people that shoots on almost a daily basis and beats the shit out of things. The 'nice' things seem to take to this much better. Albeit I will admit, I also have a Stag I bought literally 15 years ago that you wouldn't be able to tell apart from any KAC on a reliability and performance level.

So my wife has actually had this conversation. And allow me to preface it by, she can basically afford whatever the fuck she wants.

People who can afford things like Gucci, LV, etc generally don't have a ton of it and/or if they do, its not that big of a deal to them. It's the people who technically can't afford it but 'splurge' on a 3k purse, $900 heels, etc that make a huge deal over brands.

My wife likes what she likes. She also might be wearing a pair of pants she looks really good in that she found on sale somewhere for $12 while wearing a Gucci scarf and whatever today's bag is.

Meanwhile, people at her job making $14/hour are flipping out she has X brand bag and then they basically max their credit cards out to 'splurge' and get one too.

My wife has these things because she likes certain patterns or colors or because it caught her eye. She also knows that most of this shit is like $50 in material and $2950 pure fluff.

The other people have them as faux status symbols because they can't actually afford them.

They are not the same.

I have some extremely nice firearms. I didn't buy them like a lot of people do because I keep them in the safe, polish their roll marks and take any opportunity I can to show them to someone when they visit at a 50:1 show and tell to actually shooting it ratio. I have specific weapons because I am one of very few people that shoots on almost a daily basis and beats the shit out of things. The 'nice' things seem to take to this much better. Albeit I will admit, I also have a Stag I bought literally 15 years ago that you wouldn't be able to tell apart from any KAC on a reliability and performance level.
Rich people stay rich by living below their means.
Poor people stay poor by living beyond their means.

Fancy things won't buy you happiness, but hookers and blow will.

1671575743018.png

They are not the same.

With all due respect, I’m gonna need to see some pictures to judge if she can afford $12 pants and a Gucci scarf.

• Haha
Reactions: SilentStalkr
my wife told me when we got married never buy her designer bags etc she will return them. So guys, choose the right one :)

Reactions: Halfnutz and Ichi
Did @TheGerman just humble flex on poors, and then proceed to say his stag is basically a knights armament company ?

I dont know if im proud of him, insulted by him, jealous of him, of wanna have a beer with him, of flex back on him.

Probably all of them ?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KAC is the Louis Vuitton of AR15s.

I can't bring myself to drop $5k on a bougie BCG and rollmark, but if you've got it, flaunt it.