• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something kicking off in Israel

Well, I am not a philosopher, I'm an historian. @Maggot is our resident philosopher. Really! Trained in it and rather capable, despite some points of view here on SH.

Based on facts.

On does not work as a philosopher when it comes to history. Philosophy provides the basis for religions, political systems, how one lives their lives. It is an important and, these days, an overlooked field. But the great philosophers were just that... great! And they shaped a lot of history. But they didn't record or interpret it. That's for us mere mortals.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Thanks for the compliment. The true key in philosophy is in what the Oracle said about Socrates, "Socrates is the wisest of men because he knows that he knows very little" (paraphrased)

Philosophy very simply means "The love of Wisdom" I had always been held by the Biblical passage " Seek after Wisdom, make her your constant companion." When I had to decide on a major in college that just seemed a natural.

There are many branches of philosophy, from ethics which discusses what is acceptable by a given society, or in an absolute sense, the metaphysics, the study of the nature of reality itself. Much of it is just exercise for the mind, not unlike Escher's drawings...questions that have no or obtuse answers that cause you to think outside your daily system. Read about Zeno and Parminides.

And religious philosophy. Some of our religious zealots here would do well to read Augustine or Aquinas.

Immanuel Kant wrote an amazing book, one of the standards, 'A Critique of Pure Reason' in which Kant reasons out the limits of reason itself, deciding that in the end reason can take you only so far, at some point on must make a transitional leap to something else.

As to facts, Wittgenstein wrote the classic on that...Tractatus Logicus Philosopocicus

* The world is all that is the case.

1The world is the totality of facts, not of things.

1.11.11 The world is determined by the facts, and by their beingall the facts.For the totality of facts determines what is the case, and

1.12also whatever is not the case.The facts in logical space are the world.

1.13The world divides into facts"

Maggot out.

🙃

Thanks for the compliment. The true key in philosophy is in what the Oracle said about Socrates, "Socrates is the wisest of men because he knows that he knows very little" (paraphrased)

Philosophy very simply means "The love of Wisdom" I had always been held by the Biblical passage " Seek after Wisdom, make her your constant companion." When I had to decide on a major in college that just seemed a natural.

There are many branches of philosophy, from ethics which discusses what is acceptable by a given society, or in an absolute sense, the metaphysics, the study of the nature of reality itself. Much of it is just exercise for the mind, not unlike Escher's drawings...questions that have no or obtuse answers that cause you to think outside your daily system. Read about Zeno and Parminides.

And religious philosophy. Some of our religious zealots here would do well to read Augustine or Aquinas.

Immanuel Kant wrote an amazing book, one of the standards, 'A Critique of Pure Reason' in which Kant reasons out the limits of reason itself, deciding that in the end reason can take you only so far, at some point on must make a transitional leap to something else.

As to facts, Wittgenstein wrote the classic on that...Tractatus Logicus Philosopocicus

1.11.11 The world is determined by the facts, and by their beingall the facts.For the totality of facts determines what is the case, and

Maggot out.

🙃
To quote Socrates...

"I drank what???"

Cheers,

Sirhr

This is called War.

Hamas killed more people than on Pearl Harbor. There were no "Rules of engagement" on Okinawa. Or in Hurtgen Forest. Or after Malmedy.

Stop trying to make soldiers fight by Marquise de Queensbury rules.

The faster and more violently a conflict is prosecuted, the faster it ends and the fewer lives that are lost.

Women and children are suicide bombers and weapons carriers, too.

And when it comes to no-state actors? Well, the VC didn't recognize the Geneva Accords when it came to our troops and airmen because... it wasn't a war. These are non-state actors. Fuck their POW status.

Not trying to be a hardass here, but ask anyone who has been downrange, ask them how it worked out to have an attorney with every ODA... or demanding an AAR that accounts for every round expended after a patrol. Where your convoy got blown up... your friends were killed... but you could not shoot back because Haji was hiding in a 'school' or because someone with a 7,000 mile screwdriver was trying to adjust your response from an office building in Alexandria, Va.

Want the killing and violence to stop? Kill off those committing the violence and killing. Once and for all. Turn their 'home' into dust. Expunge them into the desert. And make damn sure that noone is left to carry on the fight. Cut the heads off the hydra once and for all. Otherwise, it's just leaving a mess for... five years from now. Or your kids. Or grandkids.

Israel should have exterminated these people 50 years ago after the Yom Kippur War or earlier... after the 6 Day War. None of this "Sanctuary" or "Living space" or independent living areas within their borders. Fuck that retardation. It should have been 'Integrate or we expunge or terminate you.'

And we should be doing the same in the USA. We should welcome Legal Immigrants of all types, in concert with our immigration laws and, yes, quotas. But you also need to integrate. Learn English. Get a fucking job. Be part of the melting pot. Not set up your own enclaves of Mogadishu or Lagos or even goddamned Naples and Phnom Pen. Fuck that shit. Be an American or go home to your wonderfully culturally-diverse shithole and eat rats and millet. Its your choice. We welcome Americans of all kinds. I ain't interested in welcoming someone who turns my little piece of America into fucking Beirut.

Israel needs to end this. Or, die trying. Noone says they 'have' to win. But my money is on the IDF. Because maybe, just maybe, they have woken up to the idea that 'Rules of Engagement' and 'bleeding heart' bullshit are going to prolong the pain, suffering and killing.

Sirhr
Well said, thank you

Well, I am not a philosopher, I'm an historian. @Maggot is our resident philosopher. Really! Trained in it and rather capable, despite some points of view here on SH.

So as an historian, I deal in (as best as possible) facts and interpretations that can be supported, cited and justified. So when one examines any book or 'source' material, one should delve into the background research AND the predilictions of the author. Why did they write the book? What 'angle' are they coming from? Are they an historian with strongly-supported source materials? Or are they from the '60's "Revisionist" school? Is their book designed to make a political point? Or accurately record an event? Who funded the book (happens more than you think?) Who Published it. Who reviewed it and what did they say about it?

Those are just a handful of the many questions that one asks when examining the veracity of a book, paper, article, etc. There are many more.

It's no different than the intelligence game. What are your sources? What are their motivations. The acronym MICE is always used as part of evaluating a source (not that I'd know, I was in Marketing.) But Money, Ideology, Conscious and Ego are all motivations for people who betray their countries and provide intelligence. Really, the best sources are those motivated by Money and Conscience. They tend to be pretty reliable. Pay for play or... kept up at night. Those motivated by Ideology are a second. They may not believe in 'their' system. But do they believe in yours? Maybe... maybe not. Then there are the 'ego' types who betray their country, colleagues, service or whatever for ego. They think they are so important that they can change the world with their 'efforts.'

Authors (and historians) are no different. Are they looking to make a buck? Create some kind of basis for a political view? Thinking that they can change history? Influence future events? Why would the author write that book.

Once you have that 'analyzed' you can decide how much faith to put into that source.

So why not take a look at "Michael Walzer" and decide what his book 'Just and Unjust Wars' is really all about.

Read about his views. His education. Who hired him and where he works? Who has written papers based on his works... who he supports politically and who calls him in for congressional testimony to support their views? I won't say what I think of him or his book. Read his background and make up your own mind. Everyone here is smart enough to decide how valid his treatise is. Or not. Or, more likely, valid in the context of their own world view. Based on facts.

One does not work as a philosopher when it comes to history. Philosophy provides the basis for religions, political systems, how one lives their lives. It is an important and, these days, an overlooked field. But the great philosophers were just that... great! And they shaped a lot of history. But they didn't record or interpret it. That's for us mere mortals.

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS. Thanks for the label "Philosopher." It is actually rather a great compliment. But I never rose to that level. My degrees are as a technical writer, a futurist and an historian. So I am generally rather confused when it comes to everything. I'm merely an examiner of events past... and always trying to cipher out the future. And usually getting it wrong.
I thought you did study philosophy, lol and did not mean it as an insult.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I actually got some traction on this one with someone today who didn't..really... understand.

"Why are the Israeli's bombing Gaza? It's a military installation that Iran uses to launch rockets into Israel."

"What about the people living there?"

..."Do military families live on military bases? Yes, they do. If that military base were bombing your home, would you want our military to ignore it? The people that live in Gaza are military dependents of an Iranian military unit called Hamas."

IMG_0344.jpeg

The Tokyo fire bombing put the hurt on Japan too.
Wasn't just Tokyo. 61 cities, IIRC, were razed to the ground between March and August 1945. With a brief pause because LeMay ran out of Napalm incendiaries.

By August, they were bouncing rubble. But the Japanese would not surrender. The nukes were the wakeup. One plane, one bomb, one city. They didn't even believe it at first... but the Emperor intervened. (He was a trained scientist, actually!)

An incredible book:

downfall.jpg

Richard Frank is not a trained historian. He is an attorney and one of the finest historians of the 21st Century. His book on Guadalcanal will, IMHO, never be topped. Brilliant researcher and writer.

Read Downfall. It is the best book on how the war was ended. No mercy. But in the end it was merciful. 200K ish folks perished in the two bombings. It saved upwards of 10 million. Mostly Japanese. Because by this point, the American forces would have killed them like lice. We'd have lost people. They'd have lost a population.

Sirhr

The British are fucking faggots, aren't they, or am i reading this a wrong?

Dude watch the drone thing going on now.

No matter the manner of killing sick fucks going to use it.

Our gov wants nukes lit off now to justify a mass culling.

What do you do when the biggest threat to your life is your own Gov?
Fight or die?

I dont wanna die for the actions of my govt.
But the fact is, we do whether we want to or not.

When Islamic terrorists target America for DC's actions, do they only surgically strike at .mil and decision-making centers?
Look no further than the fruit bats at the concert. They were rooting for/on the Palestinians' side. And got raped/murdered for their efforts.

Not saying its right... far from it! Shits abhorrent. But actions have consequences - if they're gonna target innocent civvies, they don't have much room to complain when their family members back home start catching strays and having buildings brought down on top of their heads..

Wasn't just Tokyo. 61 cities, IIRC, were razed to the ground between March and August 1945. With a brief pause because LeMay ran out of Napalm incendiaries.

By August, they were bouncing rubble. But the Japanese would not surrender. The nukes were the wakeup. One plane, one bomb, one city. They didn't even believe it at first... but the Emperor intervened. (He was a trained scientist, actually!)

An incredible book:

View attachment 8248821

Richard Frank is not a trained historian. He is an attorney and one of the finest historians of the 21st Century. His book on Guadalcanal will, IMHO, never be topped. Brilliant researcher and writer.

Read Downfall. It is the best book on how the war was ended. No mercy. But in the end it was merciful. 200K ish folks perished in the two bombings. It saved upwards of 10 million. Mostly Japanese. Because by this point, the American forces would have killed them like lice. We'd have lost people. They'd have lost a population.

Sirhr
My dad was in the Phillipine invasion and stayed there as part of the occupation force. Among the very few things he would actually talk about was that they would save all their beer bottles to drop on Japan in between all the real incendiary bomb runs just to mess with their heads. A full bomber group would fly over and drop nothing but a bunch of whistling beer bottles. I'm sure the Japanese were amused.

This shit is just all bad man. Here I am saving up for building a M4 URGI clone piece-by-piece.. yet I'm seeing M4 block 1/1.5's in the hands of Hamas that were given to the Taliban for free! Worst part is I ain't even gone be able to afford the proper Surefire SOCOM RC2 or KAC corn cob can.. gonna be settling for a Griffin Armament or Silencerco of some sort and disguise it with a suppressor wrap. Yet I'm even seeing pics of Taliban with corn cobs on their M4's... while here in the states you're gone play hell trying to find a NT4 for sale, and pay a very pretty penny for it when you do. WTF :(
Was it too much to ask to instead sell us those uppers/cans/optics/etc thru CMP?

This shit is just all bad man. Here I am saving up for building a M4 URGI clone piece-by-piece.. yet I'm seeing M4 block 1/1.5's in the hands of Hamas that were given to the Taliban for free! Worst part is I ain't even gone be able to afford the proper Surefire SOCOM RC2 or KAC corn cob can.. gonna be settling for a Griffin Armament or Silencerco of some sort and disguise it with a suppressor wrap. Yet I'm even seeing pics of Taliban with corn cobs on their M4's... while here in the states you're gone play hell trying to find a NT4 for sale, and pay a very pretty penny for it when you do. WTF :(
Was it too much to ask to instead sell us those uppers/cans/optics/etc thru CMP?
Yes..

Im sure they were all cleared and accounted for by the AFT.

My dad was in the Phillipine invasion and stayed there as part of the occupation force. Among the very few things he would actually talk about was that they would save all their beer bottles to drop on Japan in between all the real incendiary bomb runs just to mess with their heads. A full bomber group would fly over and drop nothing but a bunch of whistling beer bottles. I'm sure the Japanese were amused.

If those Japanese on the receiving end of the beer bottle sorties had ever been involved with Unit 731 and many have been, seeing all those bottles crash and break around them would have driven them into full paranoia induced madness. The next several days will be nothing but anxiously waiting. Every cough, every sniffle, every hint of a sore throat will trigger full blown terror. I bet that made the ground troops' jobs a lot easier to conduct mop-up operations of enemy hidey holes. Terrified and paranoid enemy soldiers don't fight too well...

Reactions: nikonNUT and mtrmn

Maggot out.

🙃
Being a religious zealot doesn’t necessarily require much work and certainly doesn’t require any level of intelligence.

And I have been told “any idiot can be a smart alec”

Maybe that was aimed at me?
😂

Being a religious zealot doesn’t necessarily require much work and certainly doesn’t require any level of intelligence.

And I have been told “any idiot can be a smart alec”

Maybe that was aimed at me?
😂

No it doesnt

Yes they can

No it wasnt

;)

Reactions: Makinchips208
To quote Socrates...

"I drank what???"

Cheers,

Sirhr
If you know the story, he did it voluntarily, perhaps as the next step in a adventure called life, certainly to fefuse to bow to lies.

As to the ethics orf war, philosophically, I see it this way.

Wisdom dictates recognizing that all actions have equal and opposite reactions, so war, violence in any form, in the most absolute view, is logically and ethically unacceptable.

Beyond that are justifications for wrong actions.

But the fact is, we do whether we want to or not.

When Islamic terrorists target America for DC's actions, do they only surgically strike at .mil and decision-making centers?
Look no further than the fruit bats at the concert. They were rooting for/on the Palestinians' side. And got raped/murdered for their efforts.

Not saying its right... far from it! Shits abhorrent. But actions have consequences - if they're gonna target innocent civvies, they don't have much room to complain when their family members back home start catching strays and having buildings brought down on top of their heads..
If only the people at the top were to have their family/home/themselves catch the flack for their decisions.
How many politicians were directly affected by 9-11? Now include the 20 years of GWT. They don't give a fuck about the consequences because the only repercussion is that their bank account swells. While the common man has his sons and daughters die.
Start with Lindsey Graham, Dick Blumenthal and a few others

If only the people at the top were to have their family/home/themselves catch the flack for their decisions.
How many politicians were directly affected by 9-11? Now include the 20 years of GWT. They don't give a fuck about the consequences because the only repercussion is that their bank account swells. While the common man has his sons and daughters die.
Pierre Delecto, Lurch Kerry, Piglosi..........

Add, GW Bush, Dickless Cheney, BO, Nancy P, the list goes on for pages.

New videos reveal how Hamas terrorists had been able to breach multiple IDF defensive installations on Oct. 7, 2023:

Multiple automated sensors and sentry guns had been destroyed before the breach, and it is shown here that Hamas had deployed a swarm of bomb dropping drones, some equipped with thermal cameras. The drones are too small, and fly at an altitude too low to be detected by most air defense and anti-missile radars, and they hovered over IDF bases and precision dropped grenades which took out most of the installations before the terrorists made their breach. Just like in the current Ukraine war, many of the drone bombers also targeted groups of IDF soldiers caught unaware below, and the grenades took a lethal toll on them.

For everyone that is paying attention, drones and other automated vehicles, both ground based and flying, and outfitted for dropping munitions or carrying explosive charges are going to be the mainstay of modern warfare for the visible future. Drone bombers had rendered the IDF's multibillion dollar defensive structures into historical relics overnight.

New videos reveal how Hamas terrorists had been able to breach multiple IDF defensive installations on Oct. 7, 2023:

Multiple automated sensors and sentry guns had been destroyed before the breach, and it is shown here that Hamas had deployed a swarm of bomb dropping drones, some equipped with thermal cameras. The drones are too small, and fly at an altitude too low to be detected by most air defense and anti-missile radars, and they hovered over IDF bases and precision dropped grenades which took out most of the installations before the terrorists made their breach. Just like in the current Ukraine war, many of the drone bombers also targeted groups of IDF soldiers caught unaware below, and the grenades took a lethal toll on them.

For everyone that is paying attention, drones and other automated vehicles, both ground based and flying, and outfitted for dropping munitions or carrying explosive charges are going to be the mainstay of modern warfare for the visible future. Drone bombers had rendered the IDF's multibillion dollar defensive structures into historical relics overnight.
The next advancement will be jammers that blanket the entire frequency ranges - setup to blanket defensive zones.

The next advancement will be jammers that blanket the entire frequency ranges - setup to blanket defensive zones.

This. And EMP based weaponry, both area coverage as well as directed and individual operated. A bullpup style EMP emitter with an effective range of 50-100 yards will render all modern urban and battlefield computer and security systems useless in seconds, and would be a sought after asset for everyone from near peer armies to terrorists, and resistance fighters equally. Directed EMP tech is still in infancy and you can bet that numerous entities out there are trying to get effective prototypes out to testing as soon as as possible.

This. And EMP based weaponry, both area coverage as well as directed and individual operated. A bullpup style EMP emitter with an effective range of 50-100 yards will render all modern urban and battlefield computer and security systems useless in seconds, for both near peer armies, terrorists, and resistance fighters. Directed EMP tech is still in infancy and you can bet that numerous entities out there are trying to get effective prototypes out to testing as soon as as possible.
I want one for clandestine road rage use....

Why didn't sentry towers going offline trigger an immediate response? IDF didn't react until well after the shooting started.

Why didn't sentry towers going offline trigger an immediate response? IDF didn't react until well after the shooting started.

Most likely because the soldiers who were in the proximity of the initial hot zone and were able to respond were taken out by the drone bombs that went after personnel. The first phase were all drones, then followed by mortars and antitank rockets. The actual wall breach did not happen until perimeters on the other side of the wall were already reduced to chaos and casualties.

Reactions: MadDuner
This can already be gotten around. What would be needed is a combination or layering of various CUAS types.

Also, for any type of EW to work you have to consider how it will affect your own systems. So all freqs getting jammed all the time is presently an issue, but there are ways to incorporate what you are describing while leaving “openings” for friendly activity.

Israel has its own companies concentrating heavily on counter systems, and they have some pretty high speed shit including interceptor drones. Why none of this was brought to bear early on is the real question.

Reactions: MadDuner
Well.. speaking of M4 clones. I'm sure most here know the well-earned reputation that the Colt SOCOM barrel has, as one of the consistently most accurate chrome lined tubes on the market.
Centurion now makes a SOCOM profile 14.5, in mid-length gas! Definitely can't wait to try one of these puppies out..

They also do a 14.5 SOCOM carbine gas, CHF by FN in the "machine gun steel" ala Noveske's famously tough+accurate N4 barrels...

This can already be gotten around. What would be needed is a combination or layering of various CUAS types.

Also, for any type of EW to work you have to consider how it will affect your own systems. So all freqs getting jammed all the time is presently an issue, but there are ways to incorporate what you are describing while leaving “openings” for friendly activity.

Israel has its own companies concentrating heavily on counter systems, and they have some pretty high speed shit including interceptor drones. Why none of this was brought to bear early on is the real question.
While I fully realize finding the truth through a forest of propaganda and disinformation is problematic....

It looks to me like they “let” this happen to give them full justification to rid themselves of Hamas once and for all. Israel has to rid themselves of the threat that the Gaza Strip poses. This may be their chance.

They were warned by multiple foreign intelligence agencies something big is going down in the coming days. Then they did everything in their power so that it kicks off and is successful.

They allowed it to happen for what comes next. (The only question really is did they know how big of an excursion Hamas would make)
To make sure it happened they took shitloads of radical settlers for multiple armed tours of Al Aqsa Mosque 2 days prior.

They also moved 3 of the 4 battalions that otherwise guard Gaza to the West Bank, and did not respond to incursion for 5 or 6 hours.
The only thing more they could have done is parked some Dozers all fueled up and with keys in right up on the fence.

And the Burning Man rave hippies were probably the sacrificial lamb of opportunity, sure get them a permit to run a concert and make sure it is hosted right next to Gaza in the way of anyone breaking out. The multinational composition of sacrificial lambs would be great for PR.

The incursion was probably meant to end at the concert venue but Hamas rolled on in the face of no opposition. That is probably the only part that got Israelis by surprise and the sheer amount of Rockets.

And to top it all off they probably provided all the money Hamas needed to pull it off. While Qatar is funding Hamas payroll it goes through Israeli intel services supervision before bags of cash make it to Gaza

Gaza is for Israel always the low-hanging fruit that they use as a punching bag when they want to show how tough they can be . Its near zero risk shooting fish in the barrel with JDAMS.

Last edited:
Is Israel going to re-take the entire Gaza strip. Revert it back to Israeli soil?

This. And EMP based weaponry, both area coverage as well as directed and individual operated. A bullpup style EMP emitter with an effective range of 50-100 yards will render all modern urban and battlefield computer and security systems useless in seconds, and would be a sought after asset for everyone from near peer armies to terrorists, and resistance fighters equally. Directed EMP tech is still in infancy and you can bet that numerous entities out there are trying to get effective prototypes out to testing as soon as as possible.
The sweeping impact of EMT weapons is that they are basically a high powered radio signal, correct? Omni or uni directional? Probably more efficient when aimed in some degree.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Alexander Dugin is concerning because he has about 90 percent of his worldview right and is very appealing, but the 10 percent remaining is the bedrock stuff and he is deeply wrong on that.

I still cannot decide if he is evil or just playing from a different perspective that causes him to err without malice.

The only thing they could have done is parked some Dozers all fueled up and with keys in right up on the fence.
Well,they could have embedded dozens of their own into the uprising to make sure it fully kicks off, to force a special session in which nobody can legally contest the stolen election. I mean... In theory.