• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Something you dont see everyday.. *Graphic*

C.West

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2008
Nashville Tn.
My buddy put the beatdown on this dog this morning with his 7mmRm. She was about 70 yards at a slow trot when he broke the shot. We could tell she had something in her mouth but wasnt sure at the time what exactly it was... This is the reason the landowner lets us have our fun on his place.

007-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Re: Something you dont see everyday.. *Graphic*

where there is one there is more, you are saving the farmer some bucks

good deal. That is a hunting trait that is learned and passed down from the bitch to the pups. I have seen them stalk up on young Calves with my own eyes over here in OR. .

Thanks for the kind words fellas. We're doing what we can to help keep the bastards under control. We're going to get back after them in the morning.

Stay safe,
Colt

nice shot. damn dirty yotes!

I saw one stalking some of my calves right before christmas. I put a hurting on him with my LWRC REPR from about 600 yards out.

Wow.
I have seen them attack the legs of a calf's on my friends property on more than one occasion.

We hunt the yotes with beagles here in ohio, We run the bastards until they are stiff legged and cant hardly trot any longer we all slowly converge with shotguns and buckshot only for saftey. Last year we killed a yote that was carrying a pigs head a very small one,. The stupid thing was not about to let the pack of beagles get ahold of it.

I spoke with the land ownwer the night before last. It wasn't his calf. The majority of the farms in the area run cattle so its going to be hard locating the carcass. Regardless, we're going to stay after them. More pictures and possibly video to come..

Take care,
Colt

Here in the metro area those dirty yotes use the bitches to lure the pet dogs off and then the pack kills em.

Nice take down. I'm sure the ranchers appreciate your hard work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneStar700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with the land ownwer the night before last. It wasn't his calf. The majority of the farms in the area run cattle so its going to be hard locating the carcass. Regardless, we're going to stay after them. More pictures and possibly video to come..

Take care,
Colt </div></div>
My son manages a farm in Franklin, off 100 near where they put in the 840 loop. He said he didn't have any idea there were that many coyotes.

We actually have a family owned farm out there in franklin behind the Ag. Expo Center. My family owns all the land that surrounds Bagsby Ln. That area is absolutely covered up with yotes. If they become a problem for him, give me a shout and we'll be glad to assist him..

Colt

A farmer next to our land is complaining of the coyotes, I guess im going to have to start hunting them, it looks like fun

I have permission to do some coyote hunting next year and I am really looking forward to it. In the upper part of the lower peninsula here, they are getting really really bad.

Nice work, Lonestar. You calling these yotes in or are they thick enough that you can simply set up a stand and wait for them?

This particular one was shot while we were deer hunting. But we do generally call them. Mainly with mouth calls. Seriously considering giving FoxPro a shot though...

They are bad down here in south Ga as well. Went hunting this morning and afternoon for some varmints. We saw 2 yesterday morning, but I did not have a clean shot. They were moving upwind of us, and my guess is they smelled us. My buddy who took me has permission to hunt 4 pieces of property that adjoin his family's land. No luck today, but at dusk I heard all of em start sounding off.

Anyone one need help erradicating the yotes in Tn. let me know..i will lend a hand..LOL

damn yotes... back when i was younger we lived on a feedlot and during calving season we had to watch the pens with a starlight 22-250 just to give the calves a chance.