• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Redheads, cause and cure of all my problems.

If I was in the same room with her, she wouldn't need to sing or do anything. She could just sit there and I'd turn into a bowl of jello. Curly red-heads like her have been my source of greatest pleasure and extreme misery. Don't get me started about the money.

Bonus video. With those glasses on she reminds me of the naughty librarian.

Last edited:
Some of us remember the television show, "The Big Valley," with a gray haired old lady by the name of Barbara Stanwyk. How many of you know she had a musical talent? In the 1930s and 40s she was known as the Brooklyn Bombshell.

I don't give a darn about that overbite. If I had a time machine...

If you were like me in the 1960s, you might have watched the Blondie and Dagwood movies on television on Saturday Mornings.

Who knew Arthur Lake (Dagwood) could play the drums. Ruth Terry was a sassy little singer in the 30s and 40s.

Bonus video...

That was outstanding!! Beautiful music, gorgeous woman, a heartfelt moment. Thank you for posting that, I’ve never heard of this movie.
Fun flick for sure and that part was special when I heard/saw it the first time..........now...it makes me cry everytime for one I love....that now, I can only miss.

Last edited:
And in case you don’t know that composer: Ennio Morricone....composer of the film score for “The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” among others. If you knew that, good to find new treasures of a great mind.

Last edited:
And in case you don’t know that composer: Ennio Morricone....composer of the film score for “The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” among others. If you knew that, good to find new treasures among great minds.
Ennio Morricone is a legend. Years ago I’d recorded the audio of the Good the Bad And the Ugly onto a couple long play audio cassettes. I would listen to it at work, back in the parts warehouse.

• Love
Reactions: Zorrosdens
When I was a kid I had an uncle that was the program director at the Denver NBC affiliate (If memory is correct). He used to call The Big Valley - “Mother Knows Best”! ?

These guys never made it big in the states but put out more albums than the Rolling Stones in the EU. Sold out concerts everywhere they went till the lead guitarist passed.

They opened for Ted Nugent at a concert in Santa Monica circa 74 (what I remember) :cool: It was a fun night...

Post it up brother. One of the reasons I started this thread was to expose like minded people to music they may have never heard, and potentially turn people on to something good and new. You never know when you’ll turn someone on to anything you appreciate unless you share it!

Post it up brother. One of the reasons I started this thread was to expose like minded people to music they may have never heard, and potentially turn people on to something good and new. You never know when you’ll turn someone on to anything you appreciate unless you share it!
(y)

Only God Knows Why - Kid Rock

shutterstock_552154765-760x506.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Without googling, how many know who this is?

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Without googling, how many know who this is?

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If someone like me who practically lives and breathes country-western/folk do not know who Leon Russell is, that'd be a blasphemy akin to swapping out the wooden furniture on an 1873 lever rifle for black tac-polymer...

Awesome selection for your post.

RIP Mr. Russell

a06d789aeb79037c7957d4c32382ed10.jpg

Last edited:
Slightly different lyrics to a classic.

...but this is probably my favorite classical...

Not much video with these songs but you want to talk about living legends. This lady had one of the most unique voices in early rock music. She got permission and used the moniker "Female Elvis." There are more songs featuring her on YouTube but these are my favorites. I was born way to late!