• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Oscar is a treasure, some of the earliest 50’s work and albums are audiophile treasures to the ears on the right systems to hear what was done simply recording wise too.

Yeah I just found the guy a few days ago. Really outstanding stuff.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Check Cachao out super famous double bass player from Cuba and very recognized innovator from the day. I love Cuban. Buena Vista Social Club great too check them also the story behind them super interesting old school on the day fantastic

This is pretty much dedicated to his story and artistry includes tons of cool info even how he first did one of Santana’s riff’s that actually he originated when Carlos used it he didn’t sweat it at all. Def worth the invested time watching if you appreciate masters.

Haven’t listened to the whole thing yet but going to be great on the HomePods live level (stereo pair) tonite when I get home with a nice glass of Drambuie, neat. Great. ?

Enjoy. It is a fantastic album. Masterfully recorded.

The LOUDER VIDEO, crank it up~~~~

gotta be .....louder, the better.

Thank you for posting this!

I subscribe to Amazon HD Music. Amazon has Sonic Temple in 44.1Khz 16bit. Which is basically CD quality but no compression. Some other tracks up to 192Khz 24bit. Its pretty good. Tidal might be better but I cant justify the cost.

Sounds good on my old Pioneer amp and KEF LS50s. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
By the way a bit off topic but...

Picked up this DAC for 100 USD. There are more expensive (and better) DACs out there but for 100 USD this one is damn good.

Paired with a capable integrated or pre-amp/amp combo and you are in business...but dont cheap out on the speakers. Speakers are the optics of the firearm world :)

Picked up this DAC for 100 USD. There are more expensive (and better) DACs out there but for 100 USD this one is damn good.

Paired with a capable integrated or pre-amp/amp combo and you are in business...but dont cheap out on the speakers. Speakers are the optics of the firearm world :)
Rodger that ...a bit on the esoteric side informationally, SPEAKER AND INTERCONNECTS WIRE can make a “capable” system sound like something merging you would never believe could change so much from a “wires” change. Long made short (kinda)...integrated amp low wattage super clean headroom (Rotel), changer (5 disc Sony), speakers custom made by “this guy” (two small mid/tweeter on stands, separate passive bass box with circuitry 12” floor firing, monster $50 interconnects, HEAVY lamp cord speakers. Guy kept telling me to put these $400 spkr cables 15’@, and these $200 interconnects he makes... I though no way Jose, I’ll be good. Sounded great my way but became bored with the bass under a blanket sound, so when he checked back with me he still HIGHLY recommending just give an A/B listen test. I had already read enough to work around all speaker placement tweaking to “snap” in the sound stage, carefully listening and made final. Pick your music etch it by many listens then he came over......when I changed to his speaker wires the bass once muddy became the instrument, drum head, string vibrating, defined airy sounding. Then interconnects, NOW...the high had a vail removed from them triangle metal tap and ring distinct such a sweetness I’d never heard but from Threshold amps among others and INCREDIBLE speakers, I got them and enjoyed the system “I” thought I dreamed of. Played more with the bass unit moving till final spot and 1 1/2” move placement solidified the “sound stage”. Instruments in recordings like that one you posted were arrayed in places they were. I know what is possible now?. Money though. ?

Last edited:

I've got several pieces of Schiit and I've got no complaints. Its good Schiit.
Keep a watch on the B-stock/Closeout page you can get some pretty good deals.

Rodger that ...a bit on the esoteric side informationally, SPEAKER AND INTERCONNECTS WIRE can make a “capable” system sound like something merging you would never believe could change so much from a “wires” change. Long made short (kinda)...integrated amp low wattage super clean headroom (Rotel), changer (5 disc Sony), speakers custom made by “this guy” (two days on stands, passive bass box with circuitry 12” floor firing, monster $50 interconnects, HEAVY lamp cord speakers. Guy kept telling me to put these $400 spkr cables 15’@, and these $200 interconnects he makes... I though no way Jose, I’ll be good. Sounded great my way but became bored with the bass under a blanket sound, so when he checked back with me he still HIGHLY recommending just give an A/B listen test. I had already read enough to work around all speaker placement tweaking to “snap” in the sound stage, carefully listening and made final. Pick your music etch it by many listens then he came over......when I changed to his speaker wires the bad once muddy became the instrument, drum head, string vibrating, defined airy sounding. Then interconnects, NOW...the high had a vail removed from them triangle metal tap and ring distinct such a sweetness I’d never heard but from Threshold amps among others and INCREDIBLE speakers, I got them and enjoyed the system “I” thought I dreamed of. Played more with the bass unit moving till final spot and 1 1/2” move placement solidified the “sound stage”. Instruments in recordings like that one you posted were arrayed in places they were. I know what is possible now?. Money though. ?

Cool thank you for posting this. Its true, the pursuit for that extra %'s of fidelity increases cost exponentially.

I make all my own interconnects out of high quality cable. I find it satisfying. Of course not going to run cheap cable on the LS50s at 1200/pair :)

There is a lot of snake oil in the audio industry which I have been an active enthusist for a very long time. A great sounding system can be had at a budget price these days more than ever. Tons of good options available for even the most budget minded enthusiasts.

I picked up the Schitt DAC to test the waters for digital audio streaming. I have a fairly large CD and vinyl collection but am finding myself using the DAC more and more.

Glad you liked the recording. IMO one of the best recordings around...

Cool thank you for posting this. Its true, the pursuit for that extra %'s of fidelity increases cost exponentially.

I make all my own interconnects out of high quality cable. I find it satisfying. Of course not going to run cheap cable on the LS50s at 1200/pair :)

There is a lot of snake oil in the audio industry which I have been an active enthusist for a very long time. A great sounding system can be had at a budget price these days more than ever. Tons of good options available for even the most budget minded entusiasts.
Excellent to hear, yea a bit of a rich man’s luxury it can be, hey lots of good stuff is...lol I’m not rich for sure but it was amazing the difference... I’ll say this came across another guy...look up Mapleshade. Read his “about”, read his reviews FROM what I would consider “rich guys” from what they are describing the difference from their original to his new “now”. Do and learn something new if I was going to spend I would do his stuff. The info is solid. Thanks for Barber btw, beautifully recorded, top notch.
Memo add: Mapleshade doesn’t seem to carry the complete round out of audio gear they did (just check them since years ago). They used to sell highly modified Scott Amps and such but maybe available now under another supply name I’m not sure though. All the reviews from esoteric end users with system that FAR outdid his equipment costs RAVED about the differences of his equipment and sold their money expensive pieces for his stuff, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldSalty