• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

I absolutely don't know how he can perform this song during his concerts. The stress you see in this video is undeniable.

For those who don't know, Eric Clapton lost his son Conor in 1991. The 4 year old fell 50 stories from a high rise apartment to his death. I can't imagine the pain he must go through every time he performs this song.

Saddest shit I ever saw.

My Sister just buried her eldest.

Just brutal.

A parent should NEVER have to deal with that shit. An opinion but I don't make the fucking rules.

Cannot fathom this-ever. Hope to never know.

When I saw his first interview about this...

May have cried for days.

There is that stupid classical acoustic I so love. It just makes the saddest sounds.

So much talent there.

That was what made it so-crazy talent.

Chess records with guest stars.
The University of North Texas in Denton Tx is a renowned jazz school. Many years ago my son was in high school and played sax. UNT had an alumni concert. Two of the Blues Brothers Band members were alumni.
Lou “Blue Lou” Marini on sax and Tom “Bones” Malone on trombone. Great show!

Many famous musicians from that school

Reactions: Not a Sniper
There were only two people that could do this song the way it was meant to be done.

Spent most of the day hauling firewood today and this came on the radio. Feeling a little country today so I went with it.

They will not be allowed to destroy the America this song represents.

<iframe width="728" height="546" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Larnell Lewis - Enter Sandman - first pass - drum lesson.
I usually bad-mouth the drummers. LOL. Dunno who this dude is but I am gonna find out. I do not "think" like a drummer, so it is always funny hearing them talk out loud through the beats.

But he did a great job smellin' what Lars was steppin' in - on one listen?! Excellent job from that dude.

Hell, I've seen folks who WROTE the song take longer to figure out what they played on tracks from years before. LOL. Truth.

Thanks for sharing that-made me laugh out loud. :D

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
<iframe width="728" height="546" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="708" height="546" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Larnell Lewis - Enter Sandman - first pass - drum lesson.
Whelp-bunch of stuff since you posted that.

That dude is the REAL deal. Hugely talented-watched a bunch of stuff from him and others about him. Normally, you'd lose me at "Jazz" and or "Fusion." This cat is SERIOUSLY talented. I have never said that about a drummer-ever. Ridiculously good. Just saying. Thanks again.

Going down this particular rabbit hole, I recalled a "Jazz Fusion" guy from my youth: Al DiMeola. Berklee grad, and so good, it chased me off in the 80's. What enamored me in my youth about his mastery/excellence also chased me off-I'd prefer 1 note wiggled over 4 bars than 64 notes played. That's just me. Gilmore over Malmsteen for instance.

That said-I just found Al is still alive and doing some seriously cool shit:

He is alive and is a Beatles fan. LOL (Who knew?!) He released Across the Universe as a tribute recently.

Here is one:

It still sounds like a bit much for me, but one cannot deny this dude's talent-insane.

I recently picked up on a Taylor 814ce-N. My eldest got a beautiful Taylor for his HS grad present-that thing sounded awesome to me, so I kept poking around for years. I pulled the trigger on a 814-ce-N even though they seem to have changed to 812's just now. There is my excuse for getting old and going bck to finger picking (which I suck at. LOL).

Anyhoo-if that shit makes sense to you-follow it. You cannot go wrong. Not really.

Just grab it, own it and run your path.

The rest will follow. Or not.

No matter.

Larnell is timely for me: (y)

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Once upon a time in the 60's and 70's, our gang would get together and play Dylan, PP&M, many others mainly by ear. I remember AL D.

My instrument was a Goya 12 string, and I played it plenty, pick and strum. Nowhere like Al D. (or anyone else you ever heard, I was far from great.) But sitting under a big tree with about a dozen buddies playing/mixing styles, and lovin' it, it still gives me cold shivers.

Noticing that Al D. has a new album in pre-release thrills me. Here; have a listen:

Di Meola and the Beatles cut to my very core.

Enjoy. I may just break out the old 12 and get warmed back up just for this one.

Aand...:

Hows about a little lesson:

Greg

Last edited:

Reactions: Moe Ron
For the Screamin' Eagles...

<iframe width="971" height="546" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn 😂 Lotta stuff posted I got to listen to. Good job fellers. Know I’m going to be spreading some likes 😎 Here’s one

One more for today I think. The Buddy guitar is awesome as shit-I lucked out and owe my Tech some booze. I mentioned I picked up a nylon string Classical acoustic way above my talent. I have been heads down looking for finger picking stuff as that guitar just cannot collect dust - guilt myself into action. LOL. Anyhoo, saw this guy a time or two before-completely forgot him as I suck at fingerpicking. Not sure if anyone else digs this stuff but he is... pretty much without fault and spot on. Here he is playing a rearranged Metallica on a classical:

Here is his site (check the video section or on youtube, whatever):

Dude is so good, it makes you feel shame.

Now gotta head to the grill. Happy Monday boys.