• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up South Carolina

Re: South Carolina

Just thought I would give a shout out. I'm from Greenville and shortly before leaving for Arizona, we had built a range out back that you could shoot up to about 500yds. Big waste that effort went to! Now, out here, we can shoot as far as the .50cal bullet will travel. Miss home, a lot, but nice to be able to shoot that far without any worries.

JT, I'll have next weeks schedule tomorrow. If all goes well we will get some range time in. The bbl. cleaning after 246 rds. was not as bad as I thought. Although the throat is getting pretty eroded I'll just keep puttin' rounds the pipe until it gives up the ghost. I'm supposed to have a lb. of RL 17 to experiment with on Friday. Gotta get ready for the Sept. 20th night 1,000 yard shoot.

Good deal. Lets go to Gunsite Hill. If you want to test some loads, we can go to Elberton also. Eubanks wants to go too.

Nope I didn't make it. My shooting plans have been put on hold for awhile by a triple bypass. I heard that they ran three relays of 5 rounds each. Next time they hope to run two relays of 10 rounds for times sake. As a side note: Very few $5,000 rifles have the character of JT's rifle.

Jim,
Were all thinking about you. Good to hear that your progress is good after your surgery. Keep your chin up and let's go shooting soon. As far as my rifle's character, my new Gradous rifle is in the photo gallery. Check it out. I'm very pleased with it, as I always am with his work. I just have to figure out now what part of it is gonna get the duct tape. Probably gonna have to secure a custom "cheek piece" on this one too. It's gonna be rightous. Mr. Gradous aint gonna be happy with me. LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snommittj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an old buddy that said someone in Florence was building a 1K range about a yr. ago. He's out of reach right now, but I'll put an email out to him and ask what the deal is. I'll let you guys know as soon as I find something out. </div></div>

Any update on this? I didn't know there was anybody else in Florence that shot long range.

There was a guy about an hour north of here that runs Back 40 Wing and Clay that was talking about building a range a year or so ago, but the last time I was there he'd changed his mind due to lack of interest.

This was up north of Bethune, not too far from the NC line, it would be a good 2 hours from you. I'd drive that far in a heartbeat for a decent 1K yard range, but I couldn't talk him into it. He was excited about it for a little while, but in the end he said all the demand wasn't there, so he was just going to build one that was 100 or 200 yards. I haven't been back since, so I don't know if he ever did or not.

First off I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I have been interested in precision/long range shooting for a while but have no real experience with it. I am hoping to make some contacts on the Hide that might offer up some guidance on events in the area where I can get my feet wet and start learning. Anything the group can offer up will be greatly appreciated. I live in Fairfield County and work in Lexington County.
Thanks,
Michael Phipps

I'll chime in here too. I'm presently deployed to the Anbar Province, but my home is Simpsonville.

I'm also a member of the Greenville Gun Club, so if anyone else shoots there, feel free to PM around Apr 09.

JT,

You're a punk if you dont post a picture of yourself with your old rifle on the Precision Rifle thread. Be sure and wear something swatastic like the other guys. I dont want anyone making fun of your outfit.

I hate to call you out like this but I think it's time someone from SC represented on that amazing thread!!

Here's the link:

Precision Rifles Show Them!

Check out the last few pages. there are some really cool vests being worn.

Sam

Guys,

I added this poll for you all, I know its in NC but thats no too far if you live in the northern part of SC
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold"> LINK </span>

Hey guys. Just wanted to bump the thread and remind everyone that growing season is gone and I can get out to 550yds again. If anyone wants to come shoot at our club, pm me and we'll work out a time. It has been awhile since I logged in and am glad to see more sc guys here.

I would also like to get together at a longer range. If anyone has the time and place to do it, let me know. Thanks, Wesley

Beaufort SC....

would love to have 1000yards here in SC.

Would also love it if Parris Island opened up the ranges for retired military such as myself.

My Sako TRG-42 needs to stretch its legs

I found a range in Ridgeland 275 year 100 to 300 yrd range
FBI Style pistol combat course camping fishing ect .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tuna921</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I found a range in Ridgeland 275 year 100 to 300 yrd range
FBI Style pistol combat course camping fishing ect . </div></div>

That sound nice.
I wish there was a 300plus range near Columbia. The Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Cub has 300 yards. It's only about 1.5 hrs away from me so I guess I will have to check them out. Driving 3 hours to shoot can add up.
Has anyone been to this range?

I will be going tommorrow and take some pictures. It is close to the USMC air station it's surrounded by 77k acres Must be a land trust.It is also NRA approved and has only 120 members

James Island resident here, my name is also Jamie.

us charleston folk need to arrange a shoot @ twin ponds.

i'll be glad to let people shoot my AR-15, not sure how much ammo i can furnish though =)

I used to shoot at Dos Lupes, but now I shoot at a freinds farm in Hampton County. There are a lot of private ranges of all sizes out there but not many public ones or shooting clubs. There is a new public range at Pacotilago (sp?) near Robertville, but it's just open on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It's only 100 yds, but it's free and very nice. I'm not sure of the spelling, but Pacotilago (??) is a huge public wildlife area out that way.

i have a450 yard range at my house if anyone wants to come shoot.
were shooting tommorow (friday)if anyone wants to come out. im trying to get my cards together to push it out to 800, but will have to wait till drier weather.

give me a call anytime if your interested

thanks
bryan
(843)254 8797

we are shooting again this friday the 2nd anyone that want to come out you can contact me buy the post above

Sounds like fun, I'd be there if I didn't have to work.

I'm pushing 30, and still haven't retired. My dreams and aspirations, up in smoke!

Y'all have fun, and post pics.

Weather and work haven’t been kind lately. Hopefully one day the planets will align and if there is still an open offer you will hear from me.
MikeP

there s aways an open offer but it will have to wait till after next weekend because me and nutt are heading to shot but if anyone wants to make it tomorrow im ill be sifgting in my new scope

ok guys what would be a good date for those who want to come out to shoot. i have 450 yards availabe to shoot but i don't have benches so go prone or bring your own bench. i would like to meet some of you sc hide menbers.

anytime that is not on a sunday is good

its my farm so there are no fees

if you have steal targets you can bring out for that day ,that would be awesome.

comeown now lets get this going if this turns out good id be willing to do this as a once a month thing.

bryan
(843) 358-8797

Did y'all come back with lots of loot from SHOT?

How does the morning of 2/7 work out for you, greybeard? We can ride down together.

Anyone In the Horry County area or within driving distance and wants to shoot needs to hit Turtle up. I'm telling you we will have a blast. We are trying to get a old car to shoot at!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone In the Horry County area or within driving distance and wants to shoot needs to hit Turtle up. I'm telling you we will have a blast. We are trying to get a old car to shoot at! </div></div>
Dude- don't shoot at my car.

i cheked with some loggers the other day and come spring they are going to do a little tree clearing for me. 1200 yards plus here we come

Im going to get out there one of these days...you guys are about 2.5 hrs from charleston?

I would drive 2.5 hours to shoot 1200 yards. Yeah we are about 2.5 from Charleston. So hopefully by the end of summer that is going to be the longest range in the area. The 450 yards will have to do for now.

Do you guys allow old guys to shoot with you? Not anything close to Tactical but still like to shoot long range. Just got cleared from the Dr. to try firing centerfire. After this weekend I'll know for sure. It's a 4 hr. drive for me so it's doable.
Jim
PS. JT has put up with me a few times.

old guys are allowed just no suspenders please (just kidding).

95ltz i really don't care what you guys shoot we can shoot clays with shotguns if yall want to i would just like to get a few of the
sc and nc guys together.

Sounds good. My main interest is long range. What things do I need to start thinking about bringing. I have a decent spotting scope & laser range finder. Two portable benches, asst. bi-pods & sand bags. Let me know.