• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up South Carolina

Re: South Carolina

whatever you think you might need bring it. i have some equipment (its not all high speed low drag stuff) but it works for me.

i made a new thread its listed as sc nc range in this topic

I'm in Abbeville, SC. I've got 1,000 yd. powerline with some steel. If anyone wants to come out, let me know. I've got 3 or 4 local guys that are great guys and shooters who shoot with me. We would be glad for others to join us anytime. Your welcome to bring your own steel if you have any, but not necassary. If you have big caliber guns, it will poke holes through my steel. We shoot on Sat. and Sundays mostly.

No problem. I'll check my schedule at the S.O. and post the weekends that I'm not working. We could have 5 or 6 guys shoot if anyone else would like to come.

I haven't heard from KMW this week, so it looks like I'll just have the .308. I was going to let you take the first shot with the .260, Nutt- figured I owed you that much.
blush.gif

Turtle, I won't be able to come this weekend. Last week we met up with JT & I watched as they did all the work. We didn't get to shoot due to some beaver work across the road that leads to the firing position. Good time, met some new folks. Better results in the future.
Jim

I'm in Greenville and new to the hide. I am also new to long range shooting. I am still reading and trying to get everything I need. I found an AR-10 Super SASS at a local shop a couple months back and have yet to shoot it, as I still don't have a scope. I am excited to see local people on here, and looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Don in SC & I are coming for sure this weekend. We'll leave the Anderson area around 11:30 tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Hello Fella's,
I also live in Columbia and like to shoot long range, so-to-speak. I used to be a member at Mid-Carolina Gun Club years ago, and now I am trying to get back into shooting more often. Like most of you, it is hard to find time to make it to the range, so I dont have any particular dates in mind yet. But I wanted to touch base and say hello and thank you for your invitation and efforts.

Shane

Shaneous69
Contact Turtle Sniper, he can give you directions to his place to shoot. We meet on the first Saturday of each month.

Steve

YEAH ... you two gomers from SC who donated all tha BRAND NEW Lapua brass to us poor Georgia boys out at Creekside. Yall gonna come back and shoot with us again ?

If I can talk the woman into believing that we need to go to Myrtle Beach I will be there in a minute. But convinving she who has the money is a little difficult sometimes.

Heck I am having a hard time to make it out to Creekside to shoot my rifle as it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a great time. Glad to see some of you guys on here. Lots to learn if you don't mind reading. </div></div>

Hey we will even make a reservation for yall in Cartersville

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome Rockn. Where abouts you rest your head in SC? </div></div> North Augusta

Anybody got any info about Carolina Star outside Aiken? Want to start shooting out past 100yds but them and Gunsite Hill are all I know about around the Augusta area where I can out further. Gunsite Hill is a good drive from me.

Hello all. I'm in the upstate of SC. I'm looking into buying a DTA SRS, but want to put my arms around one first. Anybody in a reasonable driving distance have one I can molest for a few minutes?
Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Addicted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all. I'm in the upstate of SC. I'm looking into buying a DTA SRS, but want to put my arms around one first. Anybody in a reasonable driving distance have one I can molest for a few minutes?
Thanks. </div></div>
At the last gun show the Upstate Armory Group had one, think they are around Greenville?

Thanks Greybeard. I was there and got to play with it. Great rifle. I went ahead and ordered one last week. Should be here next week. Can't wait to get to shoot it. Guys at Upstate Armory Group were awesome as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Addicted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Greybeard. I was there and got to play with it. Great rifle. I went ahead and ordered one last week. Should be here next week. Can't wait to get to shoot it. Guys at Upstate Armory Group were awesome as well. </div></div>
Wants!! a DTA or Mini Windrunner, got the lottery ticket ready to hit,,,to be able to get one,,,or the other,,,or both.

Is Upstate Armory Group owned by a SH member? Seems like a capable business.

I split my time between Darlington/Florence/Hartsville and Seneca/Clemson/Walhalla. I go through Columbia a few times a month, and I'm only an hour or so away from Charleston and Myrtle Beach. When I'm in Seneca, Toccoa, Ga is less than an hour away. When I'm in Darlington, North Carolina is less than an hour away. If you live near me, PM me.

I live in simpsonville SC, near Greenville.
At my place near my house we have property that is possible to shoot 1250 yards approx. Im not to sure if we can have a whole mess of people, as it is my parents property, but hopefully after january i can start shooting there again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Addicted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jthoss, let us know when you get ready. I'm in Simpsonville as well. Have you shot out to 1k there? </div></div>

Nah i havent, waiting for deer season to be over.
Getting my scope here in a week or two as well. I'll definitely keep in contact

Where abouts in simpsonville? For all i know you may be a neighbor! ;D

Ronas, What is the yardage at that range?
I've heard it was 500 and then somebody else said it
was 800. Just wondering, I'am in Summerville.

Guy's I am new to this forum. If you live close to Swainsboro, Ga
or want to come up you are most welcome too. A friend and I
have a range up to 1250yds we are working on. We can shoot 1000yds no problem. We hold matches there every 4th Saturday of the month. It is called Cool Springs Sporting Camp. We shoot modified F/tr, mod open and Benchrest there. We are new only have had 5 matches so far. We are in the process of building a target pit. If any one of you would like to you can email me or leave a post here.. I would love to see ya there or come and shoot some times with y'all.

thx Joe

Jthoss - I sent you a PM. I'm in Simpsonville as well, and would be interested in shooting that powerline.

Been a while dince this thread has been bumped! Does not seem to be many SH members in the upstate.