• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spearpoint Ranch (Kansas) 2014 Tactical Rifle Matches

SPR45

Private
Minuteman
We will be hosting rifle matches the first Saturday of the month, March through September at Spearpoint Ranch near Lincoln, KS.
First match will be March 1, 2014
-.300 WM or smaller
-50-80 rounds per match
-some matches will have a pistol requirement (we'll let you know ahead of time)
-will be shooting mostly steel but some paper
-stages run from 10 yds to 1400 yds, the bulk of the shots will be in the 400-800 yd range
-$20 match fee
-on site lodging available (contact us for arrangements) $30

These matches are for fun and to learn and put to use marksmanship fundamentals in field conditions. This is a good opportunity to learn how to shoot at a little longer distances and from various firing positions, then practice what you learn.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Steve

Here are a few photos from last years matches.

Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge

I see your son in the bottom picture adjusting his scope turret but that doesn't look like his rifle. :) I'm looking forward to getting out there.

Steve and family put on a great shoot. It's worth it just to go and meet these folks.

See you soon.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, looking forward to shooting with you again also! It's going to be a fun year!

That's his .308 AAC. He's shooting his .243 varmint model now while he tries to scrape up the money to re barrel the AAC.

Take care

I look forward to hopefully the March match. Anyone else from CO want to go play with some neighbors?

3/1/2014 match details

You will need these items in addition to the usual:
- pistol and holster
-sling for rifle
-60 rnds min for rifle and 10 rnds min for pistol (as always it would be a good idea to bring extra)

All targets will be steel except the mover.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Steve

Guys, these matches are always fun and challenging. Steve and his family are some of the best match hosts you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. They are always changing things up and learning how to make the matches run smoother and more fun/challenging. Do not hesitate to make a trip out to their ranch to shoot, you won't regret it.

Bill

Shot a couple of these last year and have to say I had a blast. Bass Ackwardz pretty much says it all above. Steve and family are great! Watch out for his boy though, sneaky little guy is pretty salty.

Is this a single day match, or would I need to plan lodging.

Speak is correct, this is a one day match. Starts at 9:00 and is usually done around 4:00, depending on number of shooters. The lodging that is available is for anyone that wants to come the evening before so they don't have as far to drive in the morning.

Looks like they are calling for overcast and around 34 degrees. Don't know about the wind yet.

I'm looking to come out in May, however, I have little to no experience in long range shooting. I've been doing my research, but have no practical application. I've got a basic bolt gun set-up in .308 to bring out.

My question is, would this be a good event for me to come out and start learnin' this stuff? I'm anxious to get out there but not sure if I have enough skill to put it together in a match type setting without being completely clueless.

This "IS" the match for you. First and for most. The optic you have, how well you know it in configuration to your ammo will do you big favors. Even if you don't have the connection with that, come out. This match is very entry level friendly, everybody helps out, and it's just all around fun.

You will shoot next to a guy with iron sights (maybe) and next to a guy with a $7500 rifle set up. Either way, your first outing will allow you to experience what others are doing, running, how they are doing it, and you get to see first hand how they perform.

PM me with any questions you have. Please include your rifle specs with optic, ammo you intend to use, etc. That will help me help you.

Even though I haven't shot a bunch of "tactical" matches, I cannot imagine a better one for the beginner to advanced. Has a little bit of everything.

I'm looking to come out in May, however, I have little to no experience in long range shooting. I've been doing my research, but have no practical application. I've got a basic bolt gun set-up in .308 to bring out.

My question is, would this be a good event for me to come out and start learnin' this stuff? I'm anxious to get out there but not sure if I have enough skill to put it together in a match type setting without being completely clueless.

What Gunner75 said is absolutely correct, I couldn't have said it better myself. If you want to learn, you'll need to start sending rounds downrange sometime and these are pretty good matches to do it at. You won't be the only beginner here.

April match, 4/5/14 and 4/6/14

April's match will be a little different than normal. It will be two, one day matches.
They will be April 5th (Saturday) and April 6 (Sunday).
These will be identical matches. You can come to whichever match fits your schedule the best or double your fun, try to beat your previous score, and shoot both days.
Each days match will be scored against that days shooters in order to keep the atmospheric conditions about the same.
Lodging is available, $30/night.
$20 match fee.
Registration from 8:30-9:00.

Match details.
- 60 rnds rifle
- pistol and holster (pistol targets range from 10 yds to 50 yds)
- 10 rnds pistol
- sling for rifle

Hopefully it will be a little warmer than the 12 degrees in March.

Come on out and have some fun! Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Steve

Just finished the first PR match I have shot in and all of the positive posts are dead on. Steve and the gang put on a great match. Definitely worth the 9hr drive. We will be back. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Really wishing I could have made it this weekend. Post up some pics!

April 5 scores

Thanks all for coming out. It was good meeting the new shooters and good seeing the old ones. Hope you all had a good time and learned a bit in the process.

KCshooter-sorry to hear you were led astray. That is the second time someone has been steered toward Concordia instead Lincoln. Were you using an Apple product? The other guy was using an I phone.

Wade-We missed you. I'll get some pictures up when I get some together.

Here are the overall scores. Stage breakdowns will be on our website, Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge, soon.

Adam W 1st 294
Dennis S 2nd 226
Greg K 3rd 222
Kevin K 4th 203
Dalton W 5th 195
Dietrich E 6th 185
Ben M 7th 161
Brad M 8th 155
Matt H 9th 149
Steve W 10th 142
Greg J 11th 142
Jeremy Hi 12th 134
Jim R 13th 129
Mike B 14th 107
Nick S 15th 99
Justin Se 16th 91
Jim M 17th 89
L. Lof 18th 87
Justin Sw 19th 78
Ming T 20th 72
Jeremy Ha 21st 60
Richard T 22nd 57
Greg L 23rd 43
Alvin S 24th 35
Jason D 25th 25
TJ M 26th 22

Ties were determined by Stage 1

Yup, my iPhone. I don't know central Kansas well enough to tell I was in the wrong area until it was too late. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out next month.

At least I have a funny (albeit boneheaded) sorry and I got to explore a lot of new areas

April 6 results.
Small but fun group made it out today.
Excellent day to shoot, 55 degrees, overcast, little to no wind, it was great.

Steve W 1st 346
Dalton W 2nd 342
Jeremy Hi 3rd 334
Jarrod A 4th 148
Matt H 5th 88
Vernon C 6th 47

This was the exact same match as April 5, without the wind.

Thanks,
Steve

May Match

Spearpoints May Match will be May 3rd and 4th, 2014. This will be the same match each day. Pick the day that fits your schedule best or shoot both for more fun!
You will need 65 rounds rifle and 10 rounds pistol.

We have decided to run the rest of this years matches, May through August, on both Saturday and Sunday in order to help accommodate peoples schedules. The September match will be our last for 2014. It will be the first Saturday of September. We will be having a drawing for some prizes at the end of the match. There is a jar in which to put your name at every match so the more matches you make the the better the odds of winning something.
Prizes so far include a cooler of Spearpoint beef, shooting mat from Diamond H Design, some other items from Spearpoint, and some items from Badger Ordnance.

Come on out and join us.
Thanks,
Steve

Something else we have recently discovered is iPhone driving direction problems. Be careful in using your iPhone to get here. We have had 6 people contact us letting us know they were sent off toward Concordia, Ks which is about 70 miles away when following their phone. One guy actually went right to where it said to go and ended up in an open field. Droids seem to work alright.
There are driving directions on our website, Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge if you need them.
This problem was when using our street address. You might try our GPS coordinates, they may get you here with your iPhone.
N 39 07.795 W 098 06.299

Let me know if you have any questions.
Steve

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I am located in KC and have been looking to get into some precision rifle matches and learn at the same time. Sounds like a blast... I will stay tuned and look forward to coming out to one of your matches coming up.

Thanks,
-RS

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I am located in KC and have been looking to get into some precision rifle matches and learn at the same time. Sounds like a blast... I will stay tuned and look forward to coming out to one of your matches coming up.

Thanks,
-RS

You'll enjoy the match Steve and the group of people that compete are a laid back bunch to shoot with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tactical rifle match at Spearpoint this Saturday and/or Sunday, your choice, May 3 and 4. Maybe the wind will back off a little by then.
This will be our last match on the "flat ground" until after wheat harvest. The June match and possibly the July match will be up in the hills.
Hope to see you here!
Steve

Weather is looking beautiful for a match this weekend. 82 to 89 degrees with a calm wind becoming SW at 6 mph, pretty rare in these parts. Should be some high scores.

Here are the ranges for the stages in case you want to get your data ready ahead of time. All in yards.

Stage 1 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400
Stage 2 421
Stage 3 387, 391, 440, 468
Stage 4 380
Stage 5 358, 410, 449, 506, 720
Stage 6 223
Bonus ????

Sounds good, looking forward to meeting you and seeing Bass again, have a safe trip!

Bass just pussed out, made up some bs excuse, 18th wedding anniversary??! Psssssh, whatever. Who would rather spend time with their wife on their anniversary. So it's just me comin'. If there are any KC peeps that wanna ride in the minivan out there, hit me up. I can take 4 and gear in the grocery getter.

Branden

Had a couple of good matches, had great weather and great people!

Here are the scores for May 3rd and 4th.

Match Scores

Thanks all for coming out.

We had another addition to September's prize table, Ben M donated a Stealth bottom metal for a Rem 700, thanks Ben!!!

Hope to see you in June.
Steve

I had a GREAT time out there. Great facility, great people, and it was great to meet Steve and his son Dalton and get to do some shootin'. Made my longest hit to date, 2nd round impact at 1400 yards. First shot was a mil low, and a little left, made my adjustment and here's my hit;

10338845_10152429327688428_2425722991282960086_n.jpg