• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spearpoint Ranch (Kansas) 2014 Tactical Rifle Matches

Had another great day of shooting with great people! Conditions were a little hotter and windier than yesterday but still not bad.

Aug 3rd results:

Nathan W 1st 192 pts
Greg J 2nd 172
Robert B 3rd 157
Kevin K 4th 145
Josh L 5th 137
Bryan H 6th 137
Steve W 7th 129
Nick S 8th 96
Dalton W 9th 54
Cody F 10th 52
Al S 11th 51
Todd W 12th 48
Jonathan B 13th 20
Jay F 14th 15

Ties were determined by Stage 1 scores. Scores from each stage will be up at Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge soon.

Thanks all for coming, see you next month!

Steve - Had a great time Saturday - as usual. Finally got a hit on the start plate on the mover stage - and four hits on the mover! Gotta toot my own horn - it may never happen again. Thanks to the Wirth family for all the sweat equity they put into running a fun & challenging match. Hope to have good load & data for the Bighorn for the Sept. match.

Steve - Had a great time Saturday - as usual. Finally got a hit on the start plate on the mover stage - and four hits on the mover! Gotta toot my own horn - it may never happen again. Thanks to the Wirth family for all the sweat equity they put into running a fun & challenging match. Hope to have good load & data for the Bighorn for the Sept. match.
Hey Dennis, I noticed that when I was putting the spreadsheet together, excellent shooting! Although, now that you have it figured out it's probably time to make some changes to it!

Yes, had a great time. Wish in would have stuck with my 4 in the kyl and trusted my gut on the mover but I had a blast. Great guys, great match, great people putting on the match. I'll be back if I'm in the area again.

Steve,
I think I had it figured out last time we shot it - finally pulled my head out & remembered that I had the lead dialed in instead of holding off.

One thing's for sure though - the AMR reticle in the Kahles scope works really well for this sort of stuff. Much as I like the Bushy's G2DMR, the AMR's got it beat far as I'm concerned.

I live like 90 mins from there and would love to come out. In fact, I cant believe i'm just now hearing about these matches. Sounds/Looks like a ton of fun!

The last match of 2014 will be on Saturday, September 6.

This will be a Saturday only match , no Sunday match as we will be having a small prize table when we are done shooting for the day.

You will need 60 rounds ammo for your rifle and no pistol at this one.

Hope to see you here!
Steve

I plan on being there Steve. I'll try to get Josh to come along for a tie breaker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phenomenal turn out for the last match of the 2014 session.

d2f79b8ecfa6be2979e47a4b7123a31b.jpg

2015 season Promotional video: http://youtu.be/gPxa64j5Myg

Another great day of shooting.

Steve and family, thank you for putting on such great matches and being such great hosts. I'm already looking forward to the matches in 2015.

Great turnout and a great day to be out shooting! 80-85 degrees, very little wind (around 6-8 mph), 2300 DA, partly cloudy, beautiful weather and fantastic people to be shooting with.

We want to thank all the folks that donated prizes to the table, Wade Dunn of Bell & Carlson, Ben Mann, and Dennis Selfridge, thanks guys.

Below should be the scores for the September match.

Jerry K 342
Ben M 341
Greg K 237
Branden B 192
Chris L 186
Brad M 180
Dietrich 169
Dennis S 164
Dalton W 157
Greg J 152
Jeremy Hi 145
Ryan C 145
Bryan h 145
Jim R 137
Steve W 130
Brad O 126
Nathan W 126
Lloyd R 124
Kevin K 120
Brian W 118
Tim M 104
Mike B 103
Greg L 102
Eric B 88
Nick S 83
Stefan L 74
Justin S 74
John S 72
Burt P 66
John R 66
Chet B 65
Logan L 64
Mike Bee 63
Al S 60
Keith R 46
Richard T 43
Justin Sw 40
Russ L 27
Jeremy Ha 14
Garrett S 10

Ties were determined by highest Stage 1 scores.

Scores by stage will be up at Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge soon.

We here at Spearpoint want to thank all of you that have come out and shot with us and helped support our efforts. We've had a lot of fun this season and are looking forward to next year!

Steve

Kills me I couldn't make the last match let alone a few others. Glad you all had a good time! Great place to dive in and shoot. Beginners have all sorts of assistance if they want it, but very challenging for even some of the most advanced shooters out there. Class act. Keep up the great work!

I wish I hadn't let you guys Peer Pressure me into taking a chance at that next plate in the "Know Your Limit". I'll know better next time!

Had a great time, suffered from some brass having issues and a bolt failure. Still was able to manipulate the bolt (however slowly until it completely crapped out with my Gerber Multi tool).

Can't wait till next year!!

Last edited:
Big thanks to Steve And family for all the great matches this year. Can't wait until next year see you in the spring. (sorry for all the holes in the targets)

A breakdown of scores by stage is now up at Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge

Below are the corrected scores for overall points winner for 2014 and also high scores on Stage 1 (400 to 1400 yds) for this season. Way to go guys!

Season Points Winners 2014
1st Dalton W 493 pts
2nd Ben M 402 pts
3rd Jerry K 400 pts
4th Greg K 400 pts
5th Kevin K 383 pts
6th Jeremy Hit 369 pts
7th Brad M 358 pts
8th Steve W 353 pts
9th Greg J 317 pts
10th Dennis S 293 pts

Stage 1 Top Scores 2014
1st Ben M 158 pts
2nd Jerry K 152 pts
3rd Jeremy Hit 144 pts
4th Dennis S 124 pts
5th Steve W 112 pts

I've been contacted by several people wanting to know about next years schedule so I am going to post it here now then start a new thread next spring.
We are going to run Saturday/Sunday matches again like this year. Same match each day, pick your day or shoot both if you want. Most matches will be the first Saturday/Sunday of the month except April (Easter) and July (4th). If we have a match in March it will be a last minute call depending on weather and hunting schedule.

2015 Matches:
April 11, 12
May 2,3
June 6,7
July 11,12
August 1,2
September 5

Thanks