• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Speer Brass ???

KSPony

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2009
Texas
Anybody have an opinion on Speer brass? I have a local guy wanting to sell once fired 40 S&W from the police range. All I've ever used is Winchester.

Does Speer outsource their brass production or manufacture it themselves? Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Re: Speer Brass ???

In the 1970s and 1980s Speer was a big name in handgun brass. Not as big as Winchester or Remington. But certainly bigger then than now. When IPSC became popular their name picked up quiet a bit.

While I have shot their pistol brass, I can't say if it's better or worse than other big name brands.

Thank Victor N...I'll have to check a few out and see how they compare.

BTW every time I see a post from you it reminds me of my time at Camp Victory North (Now Camp Liberty) in Baghdad. As many times as I've seen it I always have to take a second look at your User Name.

I hope all your thoughts about that location aren't bad. Or the name anyway.

I'm putting together a box of goodys to send to a friend's son that has about 6 more months over there. I don't know what "camp" he's at. I just have his APO address. I don't get but an email or two every month or so. But I can understand how busy they can get.

Thank you for your service.

Speer is decent brass. I have reloaded and shot several thousand pieces of it in 40 S&W. If given a choice I would take Winchester. I get fewer reloads out of the speer 4-6 before I have to start sending them to the recycle bin. Have Winchester that you can't even read the headstamp anymore and they are still going. If you can pick them up cheap would be worth it.