• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Spotter Rifle

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
I am going to be getting an AR pretty soon, and I want it to be a good long range ar. I am going to shoot a max of 500 yards with it. I pretty much want it to be like a spotter rifle. Post pics of what you have.
Thanks

Re: Spotter Rifle

Flat top, 16 (min), 18 or 20" barrel. My 20" barrel runs 500 fps faster than my friend's 16" with the same load, back to back test.

Free floated hand guard, "heavy" barrel for an AR, so a med. sporter weight for a bolt action type rifle.

Adjustable cheek piece and collapsable stock. Top it with some quality glass with a max magnification in the 12x realm, that should handle things pretty well I'd think.

It's been a while since I read the book, but didn't Hathcock's spotter carry a M14?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's been a while since I read the book, but didn't Hathcock's spotter carry a M14? </div></div>

lol