• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Springfield scopes.

317millhand

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
Hazard, Ky
Whats the consensus on the hide about the Springfield Government model scopes. I was always afraid of them when they were selling, so never actually tried one. I recently acquired an M1A that already had a 4-14x56 installed. It seems to be very clear, has internal level and ballistic reticle, and returns to zero as it should. Any experience or thoughts on these. Seems like there are lots of good deals on these nowadays if they are worth a damn and will hold up.

Re: Springfield scopes.

They are crap compared to what you can get for similar money now.

Spend the same money on a bushnell elite or somthing similar

Dont waste your time.

The features may appear cool, but when your reticle shifts and the damn thing wont track... all you will have is a cool looking paper weight.

Well, Im glad that I didnt pay any extra for it. The seller pretty much just gave me the scope when I bought the rifle. Should have known it was probably junk. I have put about 50 rounds through the rifle so far making enough adjustments to get zeroed and go from 100 to 300 yards and havent had any issues yet. Ill give it the test next weekend with some broad adjustments and some more distance and see what happens.

Their 6X40 model was trash. The 4-14X56's aren't too bad. I'm not saying they're great but they typically work. If it fails, send it back to SA Inc. for a new one then sell it on ebay or gun broker.

I had one for several years. It had a bubble level and reticle range finder BDC. Worked great and the BDC reticle was on the money out to 600 Yards. I thought the glass was clear as well. That being said I thought the 56 objective was way to big and I did sell it. But it held up fine and tracked great. Still have not beat the 1.5 inch 600 yard group I shot with it 9 years ago.