• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr Mount feedback thread with pictures.

Re: Spuhr Mount feedback thread with pictures.

Hakan,

Looks great!

With so much advantage seeing the knobs from the rear, how about some "from the stern shots"? Camera right behind the scope at about head distance. All the photos above are 3/4 shots at best.

Thanks.

hi

Is this what you are looking for.
With SB single turn turrets that are very low.
And even though our rings are very slick, and close to the scope, the index marks machined in the rings are necesarry to quickly and conventiently see the turrets adjustments.

Håkan

37367_465816934407_680984407_6430294_8193196_n.jpg

If I missed this I apologize, does the mount for a TRG-42 have recoil lugs on the bottom that mate with the lug slots on the dovetail?

Yes there is a movable recoillug.
So you can actually move it to get the scope placement as optimized as possible.

Håkan

Hakan,

Thanks for the picture. What height mount do I need for the TRG-42 and a Schmidt&Bender 5-25x56mm?

Here is a picture of the rifle with a Near Mfg. Alpha Mount.

072.jpg

148418_10150127111939408_680984407_7980732_4369419_n.jpg

Here is our 35mm high mount with the 4-16*50 SB in.
Comes in either 7mils/24 MOA or 13mils/44,4 Moa.

Håkan

Will you have a mount for 35mm tube diameter or is it possible to mount Razor or IOR on 34mm mount. I would guess that with some lapping that would be an easy thing to do however if available directly in 35mm diameter even better?

These sure are nice looking mounts. Are these available for immediate purchase anywhere in the US or do they need to be sent over from Europe?

Sharak
No we don't manufacture any 35mm mount, and those mounts cannot be opened to 35mm either.
So if you have a 35mm scope, you are chosing betwen getting rings from an other manufacturor or buy another scope.
sorry.

Matt.
I belive that TNVC. com have them in stock.
If he not have you can either order them trough them and wait whatever it takes, or order it directly from us.

Håkan

I have an FNAR and am going to be mounting a SS HD (30mm tube 42mm bell) on it for now. Would like one of your mounts and am wondering which you would recommend and if I can order it directly through you?

this mount is extremely impressive; what is the retail price?

Dantroom
I have no experience of FNAR.
But I assume you want the mount as low as possible, and then if you want with tilt its SP3001 or if you want with 6mils/20moa tilt its SP3601

Yes you can order it directly.
we have a webshop that we just have released.
http://spuhrwebbshop.noxshop.se/

Our pricing is in Swedish crowns as the dollar have recently been extremely unstable.
But price is about 400, depending on currency, and with shipping its about 450.
There might come extra expenses to this, such as US customs, but that is out of our controll and something you self have to look up.

Håkan

Spuhr,
Do you have any plans or intent to manufacture a 35mm mount in the future?

Hi

Not now, we have already over 20 various mounts in manufacture and that is a lot.
But if somebody comes with some kind of substansial order we can do it. (would prefer above 20 mounts of the same configuration)

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the owner of Spuhr could tell me where my mount is that I ordered and paid for in advance in the group buy???? Victor seems to be out of comms as I have tried calling and PMing him for weeks now.

</div></div>

Not out of comms and your Cc you have provided has NOT been charged according to our billing Dept. We do NOT charge until we ship. We have 7 other folk still awaiting the 30mm/20MOA mounts.

Sometimes emails or a phone call would be best instead of PM's here for immediate response. The 30mm/20moa are still not complete from SPUHR and we are awaiting their ETA. Thank you. </div></div>

Not going to get into this further, But read my original post. I called and emailed you SEVERAL times with no answer.

That is rigth those was not shipped due to a communicationerror with the manufacturing. However they are machined now and i Will get them back from surface treatment this week, and they will leave Sweden immedeately.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi

Not now, we have already over 20 various mounts in manufacture and that is a lot.
But if somebody comes with some kind of substansial order we can do it. (would prefer above 20 mounts of the same configuration)

Håkan </div></div>

Thanks for the response and the info. I'll keep the group buy possibility in mind, or I might just need to get a scope that will fit in one of your mounts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nachtadler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi

Håkan </div></div>

Thanks for the response and the info. I'll keep the group buy possibility in mind, or I might just need to get a scope that will fit in one of your mounts. </div></div>

Nachtadler, if you do a group buy I'll take 3 of them. I can't see how 20 wouldn't be sold in a group buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is rigth those was not shipped due to a communicationerror with the manufacturing. However they are machined now and i Will get them back from surface treatment this week, and they will leave Sweden immedeately.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Håkan </div></div>

Whats the update on the missing mounts from the TNVC group buy? Its been over 5 months now..... I know I can't be the only one that is waiting on them. Any guidance would be appreciated on where they might be.

Thanks

Hi

I am sorry for the delay of some of the models.
They are however all ready now and we also have all models in stock as well.
So everybody will have their mounts within shortly.

We simply tried to do to much at the same time, and to start the production of 20 various models at the same time resultet in that a few of the models wasent ok, and we had to do another run.
I am terribly sorry about this, but I am also very confident that we have solved all the production problems.

We are setting up a webshop, the current stock status is actually visiable on the webshop, so if something is out of stock or not will be very easy to see.

The ACI mount will take some extra time I am sorry.
Parts have been machined up, but there is some modifications that must be done before we start to ship them.

Håkan

I finally got mine (30mm cantilever) mounted on my .308 DPMS, so if anyone in NorCal wants to see one before buying, give me a ping.

So after a long wait I finally got my two mounts! Only to find out that the small accessory screws were to long and now I have two deep circles in the top of my NF scope from trying to mount a Aimpoint micro on my bolt gun..... ugghhh the hits keep coming!

But overall these are very nice mounts. Rugged, built like a tank, and the scope level that is included is super handy.

I installed my Spuhr AI dovetail 31 MOA mount today on an AW that GAP re-barreled to .260. I am using an S&B 5x25. Fits great, seems to hold the scope quite well. I will echo other comments here and say I would like to have torque specs and illustrations/examples of how to use the included level just to be sure I did it correctly. I did find the torque specs here in the thread, but in my opinion that should be included in the documentation sent out with the mount.

Deisel - I'd love to see your setup in the near future to see if I need to convert on my AW. As always, I am happy when you work out the kinks for me
smile.gif

Yes, for that much money on for a mount... instructions should be included and the packaging needs some work. Cardboard paper is not going to cut it.

Some torque settings would be cool..... But seriously, who the #*&% cares what sort of package it comes in? ........Glossy box, or paper sack.... it's going to get ripped open and tossed... hopefully the hardware inside works for what you bought it for...

If anyone is looking to sell their 34mm 20 MOA cant 1.46'' mount PM me.

I picked mine up from him at SHOT. It is solid, functional, the level tool was spot on and made it seriously easy to mount. I'm very happy with it so far. Plus I run the single turn S&B and the notches in the rear ring are spot on as well.

Its a miss that not the instruction manual have been delivered with the mounts. But please just drop me an email at [email protected] and I will email out the instruction manual and the latest catalog to you.

I have still not figured out the torque spec, that will be done but I havent done it so far.

The 10 degree key also holds a gauge for checking screwlenght so it's not to long, but all that is pretty clear on the manual.

We are looking at getting a better box to ship the mounts in.

Thanks a lot for the opionons everybody.

Håkan

Thought I'd give my .02.

I ended up with a M2008 matched with a Hensoldt 4-16 and hooked them up with a Spuhr after seeing one on another hider's rifle at the range. I was very impressed with the construction and ended up ordering it from Vic at TNVC in Socal as he had one left in stock and the rifle was done months before projected. He was more than accommodating to help me get it in a timely manner.

Pros:

Well manufactured.
One Piece.
Built in anti cant bubble.
The scope leveling device is slick as snot on a glass door knob.
Mine came with instructions.
All kinds of ways to hang crap on it.

Cons:
Honestly, on the M2008, there is plenty of room to move the optic forward and aft. However due to the small area allowed for the turret block, on a rifle with a shorter base, you could run into issues positioning the scope. You can pretty much count on not having any room to move the scope forward and aft in the mount.
The price.

Well, all in all, I think it is a great mount for the people who are willing to drop $400 (and up if you want add ons) on a mount.

A few things I didn't know until I read the instructions were the availability of additional mounts. They have more than just the rail. They manufacture bases for the RMR, Fastfire, T-1, and a few others. Only thing left to add is an ACI mount.

Bad picture, but you get the point.

DSCN0244.jpg

Which mount do you all recommend for a S&B 5-25x56?

I already have a 20moa base, but which 20moa mount should I go with; 1.18 or 1.46?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iggy.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which mount do you all recommend for a S&B 5-25x56?

I already have a 20moa base, but which 20moa mount should I go with; 1.18 or 1.46? </div></div>

My 56mm Hensoldt fits with nearly .250 clearance off a 1.250 shank barrel with a 1.18in mount. I don't see why you would need the 1.46 inch mount.

It boils down to what you are putting it on. A flat top upper will require more more clearance than the typical bolt gun configuration. Hope that helps.

Hakan,

The 44.4moa mount for the TRG sounds like it may not allow a 100 yard zero on a 4-16 Hensoldt (sounds like it will work on the 3-12). It seems multiple people run the 4-16 Hensoldt on a 40 moa rail. Any thoughts on producing a 40moa mount? Where did 44.4moa come from?

Ladd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ladd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hakan,

The 44.4moa mount for the TRG sounds like it may not allow a 100 yard zero on a 4-16 Hensoldt (sounds like it will work on the 3-12). It seems multiple people run the 4-16 Hensoldt on a 40 moa rail. Any thoughts on producing a 40moa mount? Where did 44.4moa come from?

Ladd </div></div>

All of his mounts are built in mm heights and mil cants. He just converts it to in and moa for our sake so that we can have a comfortable point of reference. That's why all of the numbers seem odd.

Is there any way he could make them in inches or fractions of a foot? Or better yet how many miles I can shoot with his mount. MOA is minute of acre, right?
grin.gif

Ok, I've received some conflicting information about the 44.4 MOA mount for a TRG-42. Someone recommended that mount over the 24 MOA version indicating that Schmidt&Bender actually recommends a cant of half of the total elevation travel on a 5-25x56mm. No problem, I call to order that mount and the gentlemen says I may not be able to zero at my preferred 300 yards but should be ok to zero at 100 yards and thought the 24 MOA mount would be better suited.

Unless I misunderstood something, wouldn't it be easier to zero at 300 with more cant than at 100?

Anyone with a 44.4 MOA version and a Schmidt 5-25 having difficulty zeroing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I've received some conflicting information about the 44.4 MOA mount for a TRG-42. Someone recommended that mount over the 24 MOA version indicating that Schmidt&Bender actually recommends a cant of half of the total elevation travel on a 5-25x56mm. No problem, I call to order that mount and the gentlemen says I may not be able to zero at my preferred 300 yards but should be ok to zero at 100 yards and thought the 24 MOA mount would be better suited.

Unless I misunderstood something, wouldn't it be easier to zero at 300 with more cant than at 100?

Anyone with a 44.4 MOA version and a Schmidt 5-25 having difficulty zeroing? </div></div>FWIW, from what I'm told, the AI 45 moa mount is MADE for the 5-25 pm2. It is the only AI mount that will fit the scope without machining, so I think there is some credibility to that claim.

The only benefit I would see in the case of the 24 moa mount vs the 44.4 moa mount is the lack of shadowing at zero with the 24 moa mount. The 5-25 will shadow from the tube at the extreme ends of elevation travel.

As for the claims of being able to get a 100 yard zero but not a 300 yard zero, now that's just plain foolish.

I must have misunderstood what he was saying. I'm just hoping I have enough down elevation to zero at 300 if I go with the 44 MOA.

That's the mount I'm getting for my 5-25 and TRG42. You should be fine as the 5-25 has a lot of elevation adjustment.

I'm currently running the 24MOA Spuhr mount on my TRG22 with S&B 4-16 single turn. I still have 11.2 mils of elevation left which is fine for .308.

To let the masses know, we have a large order coming in from SPUHR in the next 2 weeks. Thanks guys!

Vic

As we got some well deserved feedback for our packaging, the problem is now solved with proper boxes.

Håkan

230779_10150312981634408_680984407_9830503_6965231_n.jpg
230779_10150312981644408_680984407_9830505_2307892_n.jpg
230779_10150312981639408_680984407_9830504_6301414_n.jpg

my goal is to have one on every gun i own
laugh.gif

I got a mount in this week with the new packaging. Did the label printer die on you.
smile.gif
The magic marker for the part number was a nice touch. I like the Spuhr mount's a lot. It's beefy and not too heavy unlike some of the other mounting systems I have played with and used in the past.

Are there a torque spec for the torx screws? Are you going to offer any extra screws for the mounts? I accidentally buggered up 2 of the torx screws. They are fine. I can still take the screws on and off. I just didn't realized the mount locked down so well on the screws until I mounted and unmounted my scope the other day.

IMG_6883.jpg

TRG 24 MOA 1.38" rings, mounted in the middle.