• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr Mount feedback thread with pictures.

Re: Spuhr Mount feedback thread with pictures.

Torq spec are 25 in/lbs for the smaller M4 screws and 45 in/lbs for the M5 screws on the base.

Victor can certainly supply you with new screws, I don't know if he have it yet, but othervise he will have a batch from next shipment.

Håkan

Next batch of mounts to TNVC are going to have green levels to, so easyest is to order them from TNVC.
We have the green levels in stock now.

Personally I find the white levels as very much easyer to see than the green ones but I assume we all see things differently.

Håkan

Ive got one for my AI in 300WM. Its a great mount. Rock solid and I love how the rings are canted when you go to install the scope. It makes the installation easy and torquing them down with the supplied level is a great idea.

I also bought two 30mm 20MOA versions for use with AR platforms, but they are not tall enough to run 50mm obj scopes, so I will have to rethink that idea. I was going to use the mounts on bolt guns but then they seem way to high for a good cheek weld.

All in all, they are great mounting systems.

Kys

For AR platforms in 30mm we have two versions of cantilever mounts. Both are 37mm,/1,45" high and would easaly work with your 50mm objective.
Comes with 0mils/moa or 6mils/20,6 moa cant.

Håkan

Håkan,

Do you make or plan to make a mount for Tikka long action that go clear of the ejection port? I have an old Tikka Target that has part of the integral rails milled away at the port.

Regards,
Tor

Tor

No we don't and will likely not to do that either.

So my recomentation is to either mount a picatinny rail or bases on the gun and a mount on that.
Or take the Tikka opticlock rings, that pretty easaly can be adjusted to a tilt.

But if you want our mounts or rings, you must mount bases or rail on the action.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kys

For AR platforms in 30mm we have two versions of cantilever mounts. Both are 37mm,/1,45" high and would easaly work with your 50mm objective.
Comes with 0mils/moa or 6mils/20,6 moa cant.

Håkan</div></div> Is your 34mm cantilever mount also the same height?

Order it from TNVC, that is most costeffective.
We can send directly from sweden to, but it's far more costly.

Håkan

Do you have any near future to offer a 30mm 1.46 high that would be similiar to the 4602?

Or 34mm to 30 mm reducers?

Hi

As we already have over 20 models in production I am not really that eager to start more models, but that said I do very well understand the need of a 30 mm mount of that height.
So its possible

We will for sure make spacer rings.
It will turn up pretty soon.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes here it comes.
68251_10150139157444408_680984407_8162250_6514502_n.jpg

Håkan </div></div>

is that aluminum colored screw on the bottom of the mount what you are referring to as the recoil lug? if so, do you just keep it slightly sticking out and it goes into one of the recesses on the top of the trg action?

also, if that is the case, do you just use the one single lug?

Recoillug is stainless steel.
So with this system you can move the recoillug to different positions to adjust the mount placement.
On TRG mount we now also have a series of holes making is working on Tikka T3

Håkan

Feedback for AR Cantilever.

I got my cantilever from TNVC yesterday. Impressed with the engineering that went into it. Packaging from TNVC is not good. See the photo. It doesn't looks like that the screws are stainless steel. The ring screws are Torx but the base screws are hex. Bsse screws should be hex right? As we need more torque in the base screws than in the ring screws. The MGM quickview cat tail for my Trijicon TR-24R doesn't fit anymore. I will get 3gunstuff cat tail and see if it will fit.

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

Hi smothdraw

Those things have changed, today the mounts are delivered as standard with Torx screws all over and in the prettyer cardboard box seen far up in the thread.
The package is the package we delivered it in before the cardboard box.
The screws are blackanodicied stainless steel.
You have the SP3015 mount, latest model of that is the SP3016 who have a somewhat shorter "tail" and therefor room for the cattail.

Håkan

284167_10150387621809408_680984407_10585098_7624277_n.jpg

Hyena

Its a stainless steel screw acting as a recoillug.
Yes it protuding out just less than 2mm that is the depth of the recoilslot in the action.
My TRG-42 in .338 have fired well over 2000 rounds with that and you cannot see any wear, battering or problems at all on the screw.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hyena74</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes here it comes.
68251_10150139157444408_680984407_8162250_6514502_n.jpg

Håkan </div></div>

is that aluminum colored screw on the bottom of the mount what you are referring to as the recoil lug? if so, do you just keep it slightly sticking out and it goes into one of the recesses on the top of the trg action?

also, if that is the case, do you just use the one single lug? </div></div>

Spuhr,
how do I go about ordering one of these? I'm in the US. Anyone stateside carry these in stock?

TNVC is carrying them, Big Joe and now soon also Mile High.

Håkan

i was curious to how the recoil lug works.

the screw is not the same shape as the recoil lug cut out in the action.

i was also thinking that of the lug screw is screwed in to much, it wouldnt do much good...and if it was screwed out to far there would be problems with mounting.

how does one go about setting that screw so it seats down in the lug at the proper depth?

also, could you use multiple screws so that you could have them seat in multiple lug cut outs on the receiver much like the near rail does?

You screw it into the bottom, not less not more.....
smile.gif

You Will not break or bend that screw, no chance.
There will not be the slightest mark on it, check with previous buyers of TRG and AI mounts here and check if anyone of them ever had any issues with it.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You screw it into the bottom, not less not more.....
smile.gif

There will not be the slightest mark on it, check with previous buyers of TRG and AI mounts here and check if anyone of them ever had any issues with it.

Håkan </div></div>

i was assuming you adjusted the screw from the bottom of the mount (because of the slotted head in the screw)...thus it would have to be taken off the gun to adjust and would be a little difficult to set perfect.

from the way you sound "screw it into the bottom" im assuming you put the mount on the gun and the hole/screw runs through to the top side...so you basically put the mount on, line up the lugs and holes, snug the mount, and then screw in the lug screw until it goes no further?

edit - nevermind about the above...just saw another pic and the lug holes dont run all the way through the mount.

so the lug just screws all the way in to a predetermined depth.

I love mine ! It fit the NEAR base like they were made for each other .
300-1.jpg

aspen69,
Since you had a near base did you have near alpha mount/ If so how does it compare to the Spuhr mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">aspen69,
Since you had a near base did you have near alpha mount/ If so how does it compare to the Spuhr mount. </div></div>

No, I never had the alpha mount . I was contemplating ordering the alpha mount when I came across the Spuhr . After seeing all the thought that went into the Spuhr I'm completely happy with it . NEAR stuff is top notch as well .

What mount would I use if shooting the spuhr on a DTA?

Hyena

The recoil screw is mounted from the underside, before you mount the mount on the gun. The hole is a bottom hole, and you just mount the screw to the bottom of the hole.
After than the mount goes on the gun.
Reason for this soluion is to get more adjustment possibilitys on TRG and AI than there normally is.
We could easaly have the recoillugs machined as a part of the mount but that would have limited the movement on the mount on the gun. And as all customers want their scopes on different places lenghtvise I figured that this is a neat solution.
So far noone have been able to prove that it's a bad idea.......
smile.gif

Håkan

Thunderbolt

We have a series of mounts that is 37mm high, they work fine on the DTA.
So all depending on the tilt you want, we for 34mm offers 0mils/moa , 6mils/20,6 moa and 13mils/44,4 moa.

Håkan

Thunderbolt,

I have three Near Alphamounts and use the Spuhr on my DTA. The Spuhr will not leave you wanting even when compared to the Alphamount. Go with the high model which I believe is around 1.46" high. I would also go with the 44.4. MOA cant model. You will be happy with it, and it is the perfect fit for a DTA.

could I use one of these Spuhr solutions on my Steyr SSG08 338LM? It has a 20MOA picatinny base, but I need more cant, like a total 40+.

Can I use one of these Spuhr 34mm mounts with it's own builtin 20MOA cant to add to my picatinny 20MOA and get to my 40+ MOA total cant?

thx.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cali_tz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">could I use one of these Spuhr solutions on my Steyr SSG08 338LM? It has a 20MOA picatinny base, but I need more cant, like a total 40+.

Can I use one of these Spuhr 34mm mounts with it's own builtin 20MOA cant to add to my picatinny 20MOA and get to my 40+ MOA total cant?

thx.</div></div>

yes that would work perfect

What are the torc settings on this mounts. I bought two and none of this info. is in the paperwork sent in the box.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Torq spec are 25 in/lbs for the smaller M4 screws and 45 in/lbs for the M5 screws on the base.

Victor can certainly supply you with new screws, I don't know if he have it yet, but othervise he will have a batch from next shipment.

Håkan </div></div>

Never mind found this. Mr. Spuhr how can you leave this out of your paperwork? pretty important info....

This will be included.
As there is a number of scope manufacturers that not like the scopes to be torqued over 15 in/lbs, that is our recomendation now for the small screws.
For those scopes that however do work with 25 in/lbs, that is fine to use, the screws are made for it.

Håkan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You screw it into the bottom, not less not more.....
smile.gif

Håkan </div></div>

As a TRG owner and owner of 2 TRG Spuhr mounts and 1 Picatinny mount I can vouch it will not mar the action.

However, after removing my 44.6 Moa TRG mount from my TRG.338 Lapua the head of the recoil lug screw is crushed - as in there is no longer a slot for a flat blade screwdriver to remove and relocate it. When I mounted my scope mount I pushed it forward and then torqued to 45 in lbs. I haven't lost zero and it always held fine for me and actually still does. But I'd like to fix it if possible.

Any suggestions Hakan?

Hi

This seriousely surprises me as I have shoot over 2500 rounds with my TRG without any issues.

BUT we are going to make a hardened steel screw instead of that soft stainless steel screw. We will ship this screw directly to you as soon as it's made up.

Thanks for taking this to my attention, we will take care about it immedately.

Other TRG and AI users that would like the new screw can just drop me an email and we will post it out to you as soon as they are ready, but I assume it will take 4 weeks or something.
We have hade some different screwlenghts so please measure the total lenght of the screw and include that measurement in the email.

Håkan

Hakan,

Thank you. It is odd. I'm trying to figure out the best way to attempt removing that screw. Possibly some needle nose vise grips, lightly applied will allow enough grab to unscrew it.

I won't be able to get to it until next week, but I'll keep you posted.

Hi there, I have been lookin into purchasing the spuhr mount as well but have a few ?s i have a nightforce scope 8-32-56mm and wanted to make sure i order the right spuhr mount and tube size 30mm or the 34mm rings. and i am putting it on the xlr tatical inovation hd chassi. also it has the 20 m0a picitarry mount on it as well and was gunna order the mount with another 20 MOA for a total of 40 MOA my other consern was what ring hight will i need the 1.18 or higher, so the scope will clear the hand guards on the chassi system any info or advice on this will be appriciated thanks NJP

I have the 1.18" height mount with 20.6 moa, but with 34mm rings, and it clears a good 1/2" from the barrel. That would be a good choice.

I am another on the wagon that needs one in 35mm... Any thoughts of ever making even a limited run?