• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stainless Steel Media Testimonials

Re: Stainless Steel Media Testimonials

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Santa dropped off a kit

also trying out a new camera, lots to learn here

so far i really like this stuff

IMG_7386.jpg

</div></div>

watch for stuck pins - i see one case there with a pin stuck. you don't want to go to resize that and not realize it is there.

darker colored or 24k shine really doesn't matter. what you care about is getting the case clean every time, inside and out, for a consistent case. if you are inspecting them so close that the color matters with your eyes I suggest a large magnification glass that you can put on your bench in a rotating arm for ease of use and good up-close viewing when necessary.

I've figured out how to get the finish I'm looking for, just took a few days of experimentation.

It makes more sense to get the finish that's easier for me to see defects in than adding a magnifying glass. Why add another step on 10k worth of brass when I don't need to ?

I am definitely a convert, all my other cleaning equipment is officially retired.

Contact info please. Im just getting started in reloading, after seeing all of the positive responses on this thread, I see no reason to go with anything other than stainless media.
Thanks.

A friend from the UK send these videos over the other day. Using his bore-scope on the inside of the necks of his brass. Thought I would share.

Dirty
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y4Khtyg9ZHI&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y4Khtyg9ZHI&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Clean
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbLqXB52N8E&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbLqXB52N8E&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I recently had someone PM for Mark's contact Info. The person also stated that a certain member that has DB Coopered the thread I started sent him this <span style="color: #FF0000">Another member sent a PM with a code for $10 off order from STM.</span>.

Have some balls and quit PM'ing guys that post for Mark's info.

Your a ASS!!! and a TROLL!! And you know who you are.

Terry

Too much Lemishine will turn cases copper colored. Been there, done that.

A 9MM case is all you need for Lemishine or a 40S&W case full. I use 1/2 ounce of Ivory. Dawn will work but they are a little darker for me. I have 30o bottles of Ivory laid in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend from the UK send these videos over the other day. Using his bore-scope on the inside of the necks of his brass. Thought I would share.

Dirty
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y4Khtyg9ZHI&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y4Khtyg9ZHI&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Clean
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbLqXB52N8E&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbLqXB52N8E&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
</div></div>

I think you should clarify yourself and tell the truth.
It's a CUSTOMER that sent you these.
Talk about a two faced hippocrit!
We've had this discussion before.
START YOUR OWN THREAD

Buy the way,what does it cost you per click if I sit here for a couple hour's and just keep clicking on your link?

FYI guys, that Hornady One Shot ultrasonic solution works much better than Lemishine for the actual cleaning (I think it might be Citranox). Dissolves the powder residue much quicker. It doesn't seem to have an anti-oxidizing agent though, so the cases don't stay shinny for very long. The solution to that is to do you final rinse in water that has a bit of Lemishine in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Terry, would you please PM me the SS media source too!

Do you guys just use the same Lemishine that you can buy at Walmart? </div></div>

PM Sent!

Yes, the Wal-Mart Lemishine is what everyone is using.

Terry </div></div>
I would like it also. Thanks guys

I'm in the process of tumbling 500± (2 -250 groups) of WCC58 (308)that came as a "late Christmas present"!!!
Couldn't find poll but I am a firm believer & user of the SS media. In fact, I'll be more than happy to unload my ultra sonic machine, TEKK pyrex beaker(1) AND what corn cob / walnut media [about 20#] for $50 and shipping. Still use my vibratory tumbler for coating projectiles in hBN. My rotary tumbler is a Lortone used for lapidary work. 1st one of those was a smaller unit but it finally died after 30+ years of use.
FWIW, after rinsing I separate SS media & brass by using an old (but large) floor speaker magnet in a heavy duty freezer bag. makes pulling off the media that much easier. My drying method is to turn on oven to 170F and using a large cookie sheet covered in industrial paper towel dump brass on in one layer and leave in oven a few hours. Sometimes over night.
This WCC58brass will be going to another shooter to be annealed. Figure they need it after all these years !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zuke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend from the UK send these videos over the other day. Using his bore-scope on the inside of the necks of his brass. Thought I would share.

Dirty

Clean
</div></div>

START YOUR OWN THREAD

Buy the way,what does it cost you per click if I sit here for a couple hour's and just keep clicking on your link? </div></div>

Actually you idiot i am a freind although i have been a customer in the past as well. Thanks for the comments skyking

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1967spud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zuke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skyking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend from the UK send these videos over the other day. Using his bore-scope on the inside of the necks of his brass. Thought I would share.

Dirty

Clean
</div></div>

START YOUR OWN THREAD

Buy the way,what does it cost you per click if I sit here for a couple hour's and just keep clicking on your link? </div></div>

Actually you idiot i am a freind although i have been a customer in the past as well. Thanks for the comments skyking </div></div>

smile.gif

Terry, could you PM Mark's info please. Im interested in the SS media.

Also, what economical tumbler should I get? Anything else I need other then the polish from walmart?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoahbodyImportant</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Terry, could you PM Mark's info please. Im interested in the SS media.

Also, what economical tumbler should I get? Anything else I need other then the polish from walmart? </div></div>

PM sent for Mark's contact info.
Dove dishwashing detergent,and a measuring spoon set from the bakery area.

Could you send me Contact info please. Interested in some SS media

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhenerie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could you send me Contact info please. Interested in some SS media </div></div>

PM sent for Mark's contact info.

I just finished processing my first batch of brass and I have to say the photos are accurate and there is no false advertisement going on here.

The only complaint I have is the media separator that came with the kit could be more stout. I think it should be more like the Dillon separator but thats just me.

I received my media on Thursday and did a batch yesterday. Results were excellent. Click the image to see the before and after shots.

Thanks suasponte for the hookup.

I'm sorry if this has been asked but what does it look like or what happens when you exceed the weight reccommandations on the thumblers model b tumbler ?

I've done 5 batches so far and have noticed a few things happen.
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]The container will slip on the rollers and not turn as fast - you'll notice red paint on the rubber rollers.
[*]The container will be too heavy for the motor to turn it - I'm not sure if it burns the motor out as when I found mine like it, giving it a kick start got it rolling again.
[*]The plastic belt will get spit off and the motor will turn freely. [/list]
To fix this, I bought some Gator Grip Traction Tape and put on both ends of the barrel. It seems to help it a lot. 2 loads so far and none of the above has happened.

I read all 44 pages of this thread, and I'm sold! Being a newbie to reloading I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. My first one is, can someone give me the contact info for "the source"? My next question is regarding the peening, I would assume you could just trim after tumbling, but what if your already to proper length? Would chamfering be enough to eliminate this? Thanks, and sorry for all the question right away.

Justin

I was under the impression that the commercially available SS media was cut to different specs then what Mark has. Can someone verify?

Justin

Is the SS media from Sinclairs the same as what Mark has?

I called Sinclair and the tech had no idea if it was the same nor not. He me the model they have is the "High Speed" model, however the part number he gave me 140, I believe may not be the high speed model.

Any able to confirm or deny?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wobbly308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've done 5 batches so far and have noticed a few things happen.
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]The container will slip on the rollers and not turn as fast - you'll notice red paint on the rubber rollers.
[*]The container will be too heavy for the motor to turn it - I'm not sure if it burns the motor out as when I found mine like it, giving it a kick start got it rolling again.
[*]The plastic belt will get spit off and the motor will turn freely. [/list]
To fix this, I bought some Gator Grip Traction Tape and put on both ends of the barrel. It seems to help it a lot. 2 loads so far and none of the above has happened. </div></div>

This was addressed back on pg 8 of the post.

<a href="http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1513345&page=8" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">page 8
</a>

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! I just realized looking at the first page to check the the poll that today is the 2 year anniv of this thread! Unbelievable that this thread has been on the first two pages for two years.
May santa bring you stainless media and clean brass for 2012.

Terry </div></div>

Maybe it's about time somebody drove a stake through the heart? I mean, what's going on, are we polishing jewelry, or is this stuff going to help in any measurably way? Just thinking out loud. Excuse me for butting in. BB

Terry- PM sent for info. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BuzzBoss915</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! I just realized looking at the first page to check the the poll that today is the 2 year anniv of this thread! Unbelievable that this thread has been on the first two pages for two years.

Terry </div></div>

Maybe it's about time somebody drove a stake through the heart? I mean, what's going on, are we polishing jewelry, or is this stuff going to help in any measurably way? Just thinking out loud. Excuse me for butting in. BB </div></div>

Thanks for your excellent contribution to the Sniper's Hide forum. We look forward to your next post as you seem extremely intelligent.

Terry

If any one wants to cut down on tumbler time ,i have been putting my cases in my sonic cleaner for two cycles of 30 minutes each and then one hour max in the tumbler with the SS and they come out looking better than new . Arnie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BuzzBoss915</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! I just realized looking at the first page to check the the poll that today is the 2 year anniv of this thread! Unbelievable that this thread has been on the first two pages for two years.

Terry </div></div>

Maybe it's about time somebody drove a stake through the heart? I mean, what's going on, are we polishing jewelry, or is this stuff going to help in any measurably way? Just thinking out loud. Excuse me for butting in. BB </div></div>

Thanks for your excellent contribution to the Sniper's Hide forum. We look forward to your next post as you seem extremely intelligent.

Terry</div></div>

Yeah, Thank you, Amigo!

That's always been my problem. I need to write to the lowest common denominator. Went completely over your head, didn't it?

But, seriously. Give me a break. Two years on this circle jerk about polishing and washing friggin' cartridge cases! But, confession; I only read the first two pages and kinda got the message. I imagine the other 43 pages were equally informative? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BuzzBoss915</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! I just realized looking at the first page to check the the poll that today is the 2 year anniv of this thread! Unbelievable that this thread has been on the first two pages for two years.

Terry </div></div>

If you don't like what you see on TV,change channel.
YOU can alway's go elsewhere to whine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BuzzBoss915</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BuzzBoss915</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! I just realized looking at the first page to check the the poll that today is the 2 year anniv of this thread! Unbelievable that this thread has been on the first two pages for two years.

Terry </div></div>

Terry</div></div>

Yeah, Thank you, Amigo!

That's always been my problem. I need to write to the lowest common denominator. Went completely over your head, didn't it?

But, seriously. Give me a break. Two years on this circle jerk about polishing and washing friggin' cartridge cases! But, confession; I only read the first two pages and kinda got the message. I imagine the other 43 pages were equally informative? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
BB </div></div>

I'm picking up TROLL on my radar.
I'll act accordingly..........
cool.gif

Umm? How to say this tactfully? ....just trying to help, Chump.

When ultra-polishing brass to the point where you damage the case mouth, somebody has to shake some sense into the discussion. What are you accomplishing, besides making your cases pretty? (kinda Gay, huh?) Two years, 45 pages? (lol) Al Gore took less time inventing the Internet.

Please comment further, (if you must) via PM. I don't want to disrupt the flow if valuable information on this thread. BB

If I'm covering old ground, please disregard, but this is something I just had to deal with.

I use my two Model B's a lot and they show their age. I recently began to find little piles of rust on the bases after running a batch through a cycle. I pulled the liners from the drums, and they were terribly rusted.

I had a neighbor sandblast them inside and out, and I then treated them with a rust killer prior to painting with Rustoleom(sp). Prior to reinstalling the liners, I gave them both(liners) a heavy coat of silicon spray, and now remove them from the drums after each cleaning cycle, which allows them to air dry between uses. They slide in and out very easily now.

Simple, I know, but I sure wish I'd done this sooner. I think that the lives of my drums have been greatly extended now.

Great thread and great system. Thanks to all who have shared their experiences with this. I learn something every time I read here.

The above post tends to prove my point.

In the pursuit of beautiful polished cases, this man has found rust inside his cases so he sandblasts drums and paints liners and silicone sprays, etc. etc.

This is stuff I have never had to do, and I think my cartridges will shoot right along with beautifully polished cartridges. BB

<span style="color: #FF0000"> SUM TING WONG </span>

The only "<span style="color: #FF0000">TING WONG</span>" is with your reading comprehension.

Nowhere in his post did he say anything about rust in his cases.

Why are you reading this thread if you have no interest?

My mistake. I understood "bases" to be cartridge case bases and <shrug> thought they were inside the case at the bottom? Excuse me.

I'm sorry for interfering in your love fest. You are right, I have zero interest in 25 miles of text about beautifying cartridge cases. Adios, Amigos!

Question: Has anyone tried larger media, like .062 X .500 ?? It seems as though it would be easier to handle and less likely to be lost as easily as the smaller stuff ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Poll Results as of 2/5/2012 9:00pm EST.

2-5-12poll.jpg

Terry </div></div>

Has ANY of the ultra sonic guy's EVER posted why they THINK their method is BETTER?
Or do they not want to admit they SHOULD have went with SS idea?

.062 media I believe would stick like glue in flash holes or large rifle cases and they are about .060" range. Can't say about .500 long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zuke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Has ANY of the ultra sonic guy's EVER posted why they THINK their method is BETTER?
Or do they not want to admit they SHOULD have went with SS idea? </div></div>

Wow. What a loaded question.

There is a whole thread on ultrasonic in this same forum. You'll find a dozen or so reasons over there.