• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner P4Xi

Patriotne

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2020
SAN ANTONIO
Steiner P4Xi question!
I just got my new Steiner P4Xi 5202 delivered today! Upon taking to out of the box I noticed the red streaks on the cross hairs from the LED, are the normal, they were the last few brightest setting! Pictures were taken in my house!

I'm new to the ret dot scopes and this will be on my Colt LE6920 Socom!

also if these are normal or would you return it for a replacement! I bought it new at Optics Planet for $568.00!

Thanks for any advice,

Attachments

• 3CC5C278-083B-4CDF-B86C-2DF2B88A9F6A.jpeg
    3CC5C278-083B-4CDF-B86C-2DF2B88A9F6A.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 67AF4262-25F3-4F8A-A0A1-8B19B44E47FA.jpeg
    67AF4262-25F3-4F8A-A0A1-8B19B44E47FA.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 95
Mine does that on highest setting inside with natural light.
Lower the intensity and you will still see the dot but no bleeding
You will never have it set there when in lower light .
Outside in sunlight you wont notice that.

Reactions: Guthwine
Was it on sale or something? Looks like they $650 now. This was the optic to have especially when they could be had for $400.

If I would have known about the tariffs on German scopes I would have picked up more than just the one P4X. That said at the new price I would look at Vortex. Also, EuroOptics is running a sale right now on Vortex products.

Mine does that on highest setting inside with natural light.
Lower the intensity and you will still see the dot but no bleeding
You will never have it set there when in lower light .
Outside in sunlight you wont notice that.

sounds good, I'll keep it! Now I know!

Reactions: squishee
Solid optic.
I'd take the P4Xi 1-4 over most 1-6's out there any day.
It's my main optic for 2-gun comps, centerfire biathlons [Run-n-Gun comps], and general running around shooting at 25m-300m.

Oh, and yes, mine also came from Doug. ;)

Bought and sold one for $400. Wanted a different reticle. That was the dumbest gear thing I have done. Very nice optic.

It is normal. But you will notice it only on when your are in dim light and the brightness is on the highest settings, what you normally dont do anyway.
If you goes outside on a sunny day, will be no bleeding at all.
I have mine for more than 2 years on my police duty Colt AR-15 and it really shines on 1X, daylight bright reticle and low weight.