• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Steyr SSG 08

Koshy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2009
Canadia!
Here is my Steyr SSG 08. Cannot really give any info on range reports at this point... but hope to soon. Has a Premier Reticle Heritage 3-15x50, NEAR Rings and Versapod attached. Soon to have (about a week from now) Atlas V7 Bipod and NEAR AlphaMount.

If you want to see more pictures or keep up to date on the happenings of the rifle, please visit this thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1652284#Post1652284

Thanks for looking!

Re: Steyr SSG 08

wish i had the loot to swing a nice set-up like that. cant wait to hear how she shoots. i hear good things about premier scopes.

Thanks guys
smile.gif

Yes hopefully she shoots as good as she looks
smile.gif

Its kinda fugly looking.... in a good way. lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNIPERS4DUMMIES</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice stick, I'm just surprised someone actually forked up that kind of scratch on an SSG....only 4x more than the previous generation </div></div>

Before the latest Generation came out it was only twice as much
smile.gif
Besides, I got a deal I couldn't refuse on it :p

Thanks,
- Koshy

A friend of mine got the SSG 08 in .300 Win Mag and is quite pleased. He, as a lefty, had to change the cheek pad since there is no left handed variant of the 08. But with decent factory loads the groups are good. So I guess yours will be pretty tight as well.

Nice rifle and good scope selection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bama26</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just beautiful!! Nice set up!!!</div></div>

Thank you!

quote=SurgeonPredator]A friend of mine got the SSG 08 in .300 Win Mag and is quite pleased. He, as a lefty, had to change the cheek pad since there is no left handed variant of the 08. But with decent factory loads the groups are good. So I guess yours will be pretty tight as well.

Nice rifle and good scope selection.[/quote]

Thank you, and also if you read the link I included (here it is again: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...e=1&fpart=1), it talks about just how good a shooter it is... when I read a review saying that is the most accurate factory rifle out there (at the time which was 2008), I think it was totally honest... I am in no way the best shooter in the world, but I managed a 0.25 MOA group at 200 yards as well as a 0.33 MOA group at 200 yards.... as stated in my post that was with factory 168 gr GMM...

Still now it blows my mind lol...

How did converting the cheek piece go for him? Was it a huge pain?

Thanks,
- Koshy

Not as much as I thought. He had to change the knurled screw for the cheek piece height adjustment and as far as I know that's all he did.

Still a bit strange they do not offer left handed versions, since there are leftys in the LE and military, too. Or so I heard
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not as much as I thought. He had to change the knurled screw for the cheek piece height adjustment and as far as I know that's all he did.

Still a bit strange they do not offer left handed versions, since there are leftys in the LE and military, too. Or so I heard
laugh.gif
</div></div>

My buddy is left handed and didn't seem bothered too much by the right sided cheek piece :p

But I'm sure if you actually own the rifle you want everything perfect
smile.gif
Especially when you pay the kind of $$$ you do for the Steyr.

Not cheap that kind of hobby. He almost paid as much as I did for a complete custom rifle, same scope (S&B 5-25x56).

But he only had to wait about half a year. I got my rifle almost 3 years later.

To be completely honest with you, I would do it again. Even if a stock rifle can acheive the same groups as a full custom rifle, I got something unique and a financial investment of some sort with a more stable reselling price (not that I ever intend to sell it).

However, if Pete did not contact me when I was looking for a rifle, I'd probably shoot a Sako TRG-42 or Accuracy International in .338 LM or .300 Win Mag, respectively. I could not afford the ammo, though
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not cheap that kind of hobby. He almost paid as much as I did for a complete custom rifle, same scope (S&B 5-25x56).

But he only had to wait about half a year. I got my rifle almost 3 years later.

To be completely honest with you, I would do it again. Even if a stock rifle can acheive the same groups as a full custom rifle, I got something unique and a financial investment of some sort with a more stable reselling price (not that I ever intend to sell it).

However, if Pete did not contact me when I was looking for a rifle, I'd probably shoot a Sako TRG-42 or Accuracy International in .338 LM or .300 Win Mag, respectively. I could not afford the ammo, though
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Haha I totally get you. And yea the wait can be long unless you are really lucky :p Sako TRG-42 or AI is another smart choice, but your right, paying that kind of money for one shot just doesn't seem worth it in my books unless I am shooting at 1000+ all the time.

What I like with my rifle is the ruggedness, it is built to Military Specifications but also includes a very high level of accuracy. It will be a long while before I can shoot as good as the rifle
wink.gif

Thanks,
- Koshy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snakeeater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very very nice piece... wow thats a nice rig </div></div>

Thanks!

My thread has been updated with load testing now
smile.gif