• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Hand built and only 100s produced every year... don't know how that will compete with the exotic/luxury brands. At the end of the day, it is a Chevy.
Built to "Government Specifications"... You know, carbon foot print, 3 letter agencies, tariffs, legal fees, supply chain shortages... Very few Millennium's or Gen X's can hand build anything but a hamburger so there will be Green Cards brought in who have some Old world craftsmanship... Lots of promo cost to build a Chevy. :cry:
Perhaps I should have put this in the "Downfall" topics.

Built to "Government Specifications"... You know, carbon foot print, 3 letter agencies, tariffs, legal fees, supply chain shortages... Very few Millennium's or Gen X's can hand build anything but a hamburger so there will be Green Cards brought in who have some Old world craftsmanship... Lots of promo cost to build a Chevy. :cry:
Perhaps I should have put this in the "Downfall" topics.

In heaven God is going show where all the generations screwed the pooch and turned their backs on Him.

Posted on the Internet which was fielded for you by GenX.

Hamburgers. :ROFLMAO:

Hand built and only 100s produced every year... don't know how that will compete with the exotic/luxury brands. At the end of the day, it is a Chevy.

I think more highly of it than that, but it doesn't move the needle in any appreciable fashion.

The single biggest question about GM's potential for success in the EV marketplace has to do with its pickup truck architecture vis a vis that of Ford's, as well as the general acceptance of this propulsion technology by truck buyers. Almost everything else is noise absent some massive shift in buying habits.

Just think.... 40 years from now some kid with a mechanical aptitude will find a Cadillac Celestiq in a barn all covered with a old dusty tarp, drag it to his shop and install a small block Chevy engine from the 60's in it and have a real attention getter...

America has undergone many changes over the past 50 years.... Many of those changes have been in the "culture".... We have done away with the "Dirty Jobs".... So many times, once something is lost, it is difficult to get back. Mining, timber, cattle, road building, power plants, etc....

Reactions: Lightning8
Crude to $75 by Christmas.

Short commodities to gain financial independence.

No amount of 3rd world shit holes can make up for loss of U.S. consumer spending.

All bullish analysts are wrong.

Good, they deserve to be taken down a whole bunch of steps.
Aren't these companies more "socially conscious"? Surely they will not have massive layoffs which will negatively impact their local communities? Can't they just cut into profits until things get better?

• Haha
Well damn, then you must short it to prove otherwise.
Oh dang, my reading comprehension is lacking. I thought you posted to buy a Tesla, lol.

I’ve been long Tesla since it was in the $200’s pre split. Love what the company does.

• Haha
Reactions: S3th
Propaganda is saying this is the "new norm"....
Its completely the new norm. Only an idiot couldn't see this coming after all the money that was pumped in, the oil and gas leases shut down, a level shit ton of our money sent out to Ukraine that has just defaulted on its debt despite being given everything under the sun, our own supply chain issues and credit card debt rising all while our citizens are stupid enough to pay high premiums on used cars, new cars and all kind of homes.

This IS normal. Its the downturn that comes with malinvestment. The piper has to be paid. And make no mistake, it isn't the politicians who are at fault - its US - you and me. We let them spend like there is not tomorrow while WE as a collective spend money/increase our debt like there is no tomorrow on mostly worthless bullshit. We are to blame for shitty votes for decades and not having enough self-control to buy only what we need and saving before we buy it. Now we get to enjoy the backlash, and add to it those bad actors on the world stage who are going to capitalize on the weakness that has been brought about by our own laziness and lack of impulse control. We have fucked ourselves and actively assisted those that want to REALLY go in dry. The sooner we can accept the responsibility for what we have become because of our own inaction and wayward action the sooner we can 1) see the problems for what they really are and 2) correct them. Until we have that level of maturity the pain will continue and grow in fierceness.

Last edited:
Toyota will not press its suppliers to lower component costs, Boeing workers agree to strike, and U.S. automakers struggling to fill job vacancies. All that and more in The Morning Shift for July 25, 2022.

Toyota Motor Corp will not unilaterally press its suppliers for lower prices for the second half of its fiscal year and is also considering supporting their energy bills, an executive said on Monday. The move reinforces an attempt by the world’s largest automaker by sales to shoulder more of the burden faced by suppliers as global supply chain woes continue and energy costs soar. Like other automakers, Toyota has been battered by the global shortage of semiconductors and COVID-19-related lockdowns, prompting repeated cutbacks in vehicle production and frustrating suppliers.
Toyota initially sent out a request for lower prices for the July-September period to some suppliers, but the company decided not to make a request to cover the October-March period since its production plan has yet to stabilize, said Kazunari Kumakura, Toyota’s purchasing group chief. It also did not make a request for the April-June period.

According to Toyota, supply chain issues and spiraling prices of raw materials are hitting its production costs. Earlier this year, the firm warned that its material costs could “more than double” this year to reach 1.45 trillion yen ($10.64 billion).

This sky-high cost is what led the firm to initially approach suppliers about lowering their prices between July and September this year. But now, it looks like the firm will take the hit in its full-year profits instead. Either that, or the cost of a new Toyota is about to skyrocket

Tesla to Open Supercharger Network

One of the biggest selling points of a Tesla is the access to its Supercharger network of public fast-charging stations. It’s undeniably a great service, and one that makes living with a Tesla a little bit easier than other EVs. Well, only if you can see past all their other flaws.

Now, this network of more than 1,200 charging points across 50 states could be opened up to regular EV drivers across America. According to the Wall Street Journal, Tesla is trying to tap into public funding to build more electric-vehicle charging points and open up some of Supercharger network to EVs made by other manufacturers, after a previous White House announcement this month. The WSJ reports:

The EV-market leader is bidding for a portion of billions in federal and state dollars that are up for grabs in coming years as the Biden administration, auto makers and many states try to accelerate a fast-charger build-out along highways to reassure drivers that they can travel without fear of losing power.

Tesla already has a national network of fast chargers for its own drivers, but they aren’t available to other types of vehicles in the U.S. For a year, the company has said it plans to open its U.S. network to others, though details about timing and whether it would open existing stations or new ones have been sparse. Recent regulatory filings and other documents indicate that the company is applying for public funding that, if granted, would require access by other makers of EVs to the network.

The firm has already been awarded $6.4 million toward building chargers in rural areas of California, and White House filings show that it will begin building public charging stations for other EVs by the end of the year.

Bentonville, Ark., July 25, 2022 – Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) provided a business update today and revised its outlook for profit for the second-
quarter and full-year, primarily due to pricing actions aimed to improve inventory levels at Walmart and Sam’s Club in the U.S. and mix of sales.

Short sellers are closing out short positions against oil-focused exchange traded funds, while money managers have modestly increased their holdings of crude oil futures over the latest reporting week. These trades suggest that speculators, traders, and hedge fund managers may have started to believe that the 20% crash in oil prices since the middle of June could be over, and prices are set to go higher from here.

General Motors falls short of Wall Street expectations​

Walmart Lowers Its Profit Outlook. Blame Inflation.

General Motors' Income Tumbles 40% on China Loss, Parts Shortages - WSJ. News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content and other products and services. U.S. WSJ Noted.4 hours ago

General Motors' Income Tumbles 40% on China Loss, Parts Shortages - WSJ. News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content and other products and services. U.S. WSJ Noted.4 hours ago
Only a small few will survive the decade and GM doesn't make my list.

Only a small few will survive the decade and GM doesn't make my list.
Yep... I'm with you.... When I see the EV industry, there have been many, many manufacturer's who were "early to the party" and fell by the wayside... At the antique truck shows, they had a few hard rubber tire "trucks" that were battery powered from the 1920's and 30"s... There will be an opportune time to enter the EV industry. My guess is when the next generation of batteries come to market.
Just to replace a gold cart battery is expensive:

How Much Do 48 Volt Golf Cart Batteries Cost

The 48-Volt golf cart batteries come at a range of prices depending on the Amp-hour and make. Typically, a 46-Volt golf cart lithium battery costs anywhere between $2400 to $5000. You’ll be able to buy 50Ah batteries at the lower end of the range while 100Ah batteries will fall under the higher-end.
Photos of a "graveyard" of electric vehicles have made the rounds on Facebook in the United States, with users claiming the cars were discarded once their batteries died. But it turns out these cars are actually a former fleet of BlueCars from the Autolib' car-sharing service, which operated in the French capital from 2011 to 2018 before going out of business.
1658849020047.gif
1658849020047.gif
1658849050314.gif

Last edited:
So what’s with the market suddenly spiking up today? Are they trying to bump this month up before it starts to drop again next month?

So what’s with the market suddenly spiking up today? Are they trying to bump this month up before it starts to drop again next month?
The market bumps up the "Indexes", looks good to the rest of the world and they are putting their money into index funds........ The market will buy the "laggards" of the SP500, DOW, NASDAQ later in the day to slightly bump up the indexes.
The individual stocks will tell you the true story.
It's all about "moving the market" (up or down)... Without movement the brokers don't make any money.
JMHO

ENPH pops on earnings :)

Financial highlights for the second quarter of 2022 are listed below.
• Record quarterly revenue of $530.2 million
• GAAP gross margin of 41.3%; non-GAAP gross margin of 42.2%
• GAAP operating income of $94.0 million; non-GAAP operating income of $152.4 million
• GAAP net income of $77.0 million; non-GAAP net income of $149.9 million
• GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.54; non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $1.07
• Free cash flow of $192.0 million; ending cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities of $1.25 billion

Last edited:

• GAAP operating income of $94.0 million; non-GAAP operating income of $152.4 million
• GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.54; non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $1.07
• Free cash flow of $192.0 million; ending cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities of $1.25 billion
Wishing I had bought in at 115 earlier this year, what are the odds we will get another dip soon?

Reactions: NoDopes

It's all good until that battery has to be replaced. If you missed investing in ENPH, invest in the future battery.

Not just EV batteries.... All batteries. When the disposal fee is tacked on new batteries the cost will go even higher.

Reactions: NoDopes
Numerous companies are addressing this. Your "dead" battery will have a value.

Probably a LOT of value going forward.

Unlike the old lead acid batteries everybody thinks of where the cost of the materials salvaged is very minimal, EV batteries have a lot of expensive materials in them and most of that can get recovered.

It's not just Tesla with big recycling plans, several other car makers are teaming up with folks that plan to go big on getting back the batteries and then recovering as much as they can out of them for new batteries due to rising prices / supply constraints.

Reactions: NoDopes and S3th
Probably a LOT of value going forward.

Unlike the old lead acid batteries everybody thinks of where the cost of the materials salvaged is very minimal, EV batteries have a lot of expensive materials in them and most of that can get recovered.

It's not just Tesla with big recycling plans, several other car makers are teaming up with folks that plan to go big on getting back the batteries and then recovering as much as they can out of them for new batteries due to rising prices / supply constraints.
So are there any companies that specialize in that or is it mostly companies that make them?

So are there any companies that specialize in that or is it mostly companies that make them?

Numerous companies are addressing this. Your "dead" battery will have a value.
There are handful of companies doing this now and making solid money by tearing down the packs and cells and recovering the high dollar contents. It is pretty amazing.

One man's junk is another man's treasure so to speak

Took a while for the traders to react. Probably foriegn markets as well.... That has been factored in. In reality, the FED's can't do very much now. They are a day late and a dollar short on any action. Being this is a worldwide recession, everyone is looking to the IMF for guidance or the G7 direction.
I get better direction from the member's here on the Hide.

Reactions: Lightning8

here is your answer

OK, I've given this some thought. Who is going to pay for this "recycling endeavor".... There has been a lot of hype on recycling for over 40 years. I remember the first recycling push on plastic soda bottles. Every recycling scheme I can remember never paid for itself. Oregon has the most elaborate recycling I ever experienced. It was 5 cents tax on a water bottle to cover recycling. The consumer paid for it. Some old guys set up a route they ran and collected recyclable bottles and made pocket change for the week...
In the end, the consumer will pay for recycling Tesla batteries....

Yes / No ?

Reactions: GOONrep75
OK, I've given this some thought. Who is going to pay for this "recycling endeavor".... There has been a lot of hype on recycling for over 40 years. I remember the first recycling push on plastic soda bottles. Every recycling scheme I can remember never paid for itself. Oregon has the most elaborate recycling I ever experienced. It was 5 cents tax on a water bottle to cover recycling. The consumer paid for it. Some old guys set up a route they ran and collected recyclable bottles and made pocket change for the week...

Yes / No ?

Yes / No ?
You are comparing plastic recycling to…