• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stuxnet - Yep, it was Us....

Re: Stuxnet - Yep, it was Us....

I was for sure Israel had a majority stake in this virus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gimpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wa for sure Israel had a majority stake in this virus. </div></div>

They did, there's even a report by an AV company which dissected it and they said the "handwriting" of it was very similar to other Israeli and US programs.

Mossad: 'Stuxnet is our baby; [POTENTIALLY POLITICAL CONTENT DELETED]'

A group of Mossad agents speaking with Haaretz's Yossi Melman on condition of anonymity have said that the Mossad - and not the Bush administration - developed Stuxnet, and that [POTENTIALLY POLITICAL CONTENT DELETED] (Hat Tip: MFS - The Other News via Atlantic Wire). Please recall the David Sanger piece in the New York Times about Stuxnet, which I blogged last week, which claimed that the Bush administration had begun developing Stuxnet, that President Obama had ordered it accelerated, and that Israel had only joined in later. Now, look at what Melman has to say about it.

The Israeli officials actually told me a different version. They said that it was Israeli intelligence that began, a few years earlier, a cyberspace campaign to damage and slow down Iran’s nuclear intentions. And only later they managed to convince the USA to consider a joint operation — which, at the time, was unheard of. Even friendly nations are hesitant to share their technological and intelligence resources against a common enemy.

Melman, and his writing partner Dan Raviv, promise more details on Mossad - CIA cooperation in their upcoming book (maybe if I'm really lucky they'll send me a review copy), which is due out next month. But they do give a hint as to the timing of the New York Times article.

[MORE POTENTIALLY POLITICAL CONTENT DELETED]