• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Suggest me a new tactical scope

RCS1278

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2012
Southern Oregon
So I am finally buying a new .308 and getting away from my old hunting rifle and scope. I have very little experience with tactical scopes and I could use a suggestion or 2 from some experienced shooters. Most of my shooting is 300 yards or less and once in a while I plan on going around 500. Id like to spend somewhere around 3k and +1 if it comes in H2CMR.

How many scopes other than S&B come with the H2CMR reticle?

I'm seriously scheming on where I'm gonna come up with enough scratch for the Leupold 3-18x44 TMR.

OP, it will certainly get you out to 500, and then some.

Joe

I'd suggest you don't really need much more than 15x on the high end with the ranges you are talking. $3k puts you inline to purchase some of the best scopes out there. I'd look at:

Nightforce F1 3.5-15x
Steiner 4-16x
USO 3.2-17x
Premier 3-15x
S&B 3-12x
Kahles 3-12x

Any of these would be phenomenal.

I'd suggest you don't really need much more than 15x on the high end with the ranges you are talking. $3k puts you inline to purchase some of the best scopes out there. I'd look at:

Nightforce F1 3.5-15x
Steiner 4-16x
USO 3.2-17x
Premier 3-15x
S&B 3-12x
Kahles 3-12x

Any of these would be phenomenal.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.