• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes super sniper 10x

tigmaned

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
MD
found a SS 10x over on rimfirecentral for $250 that a good price????
but i still like Nikon Monarch scopes, and thinking about a Zeiss 3-9? and think more power than 10x.

Re: super sniper 10x

Yes... but its not gonna be a newer one. If it its.. than thats a STEAL!! Most likely will be the older model with a mildot reticle, but .25 moa turrets. I had one but recently sold it. It was a great scope.

Not too difficult to learn how to use, but would be much easier with matching mil turrets.

then i look at that Weaver tactical for only $299 brand new! to many scopes to decide on.

The SS 10x is great, reliable scope. SWFA covers the warranty pretty well on them. Try to find the age and check around as there are several "generations" of SS10x. I doubt it would be the newest HD version but you never know.

My first real scope was a SS10x. I learned a lot by using that scope. It may be a little much for say hunting at closer ranges but for target shooting, it was simple, effective, and performed very well.

Another great point for the SS, they all seem to hold their value pretty well. I bought mine for $300 and sold it a year or so later for $275? And sold it pretty quickly with several buyers willing to pay.

Don't overlook that its a 30mm tube while I think the Weaver is 1" if that matters.

Mike

I bought the SS 10X from SWFA for $350 on the Sample list recently. They have two versions of the "older" design: 1) rear focus, and 2) side focus knob. The rear version is $299 new, and side $399 new. Typically, when it goes on their Sample List - it's $50 off. So patience will save you a few buck. Both have mil reticle, MOA knobs.
The newer HD version has mil/mil reticle/knobs, and high def glass. It goes for $799, and Sample List will be about $100 off. IMO, you're better off buying it from SWFA because it's immediately returnable in the event of an unlikely problem.
You can't beat it's value in the price point for a 10X fixed. Good luck.

they have one 20x left on the sample list. don't hear to much on the 20x??? why is that??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigmaned</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they have one 20x left on the sample list. don't hear to much on the 20x??? why is that?? </div></div>Super Sniper is a great scope for the money. That being said, shortfalls in glass quality come out more and more the higher magnification you go. 20x being the prime example of that. Also- 20x is of very limited use. It is one thing to have a 3-20x, where you have the lower, more versatile powers but can still dial up if required. 20x only is limiting. Hot day with a lot of mirage? Forget about it.

What you will usually hear is that the 20x models don't appear as bright, and you don't need that much power all the time.

There isn't anything really wrong with them its just the crowd of people here are more likely to recommend the 10x or even the 16x vs the 20x model.

Mike

As BM11 just said.
smile.gif

You did not state the intended use. Naturally for that price it is definitely not the HD version. I have both the 10X and the 16X. I perfer the 16x for the shooting I do. Both on a .223 ( 16X on a bolt and 10X on an AR). As stated for the money you will not find a better scope. I have been satisfied with both and they will continue to give me great service for what I use them for, shooting steel from 200 to 600yds and have a blast!
I do not think you will regret owning one.

I have a Monarch on a hunting rifle and it is a really good optic for that purpose.

Both have their +'s and -'s. Only you can decide based on what your shooting needs,

Good luck with your decision.

I'm with DD^^^

16X SS is my favorite backup scope. They have consistently been neck and neck with the 16X Leupy MK4 for me.

16x, does sound a little better tan 10x.
also looking at Burris FFII scopes.
does SWFA offer any kind of discounts?

Those scopes have been $299 forever, until the side focus models came out at $399. About the only discounts you will find on such a high resale value scope will be in the used sections.

Go ahead and spend the $299... you WON'T regret it.

DK

Yep, you can often find them on the Sample list or even on forums used for $250 for the regular model.