• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supercross? AMA? MotoGP?

Getting close to that time of the year!!!

Any predictions? Lots of new riders in the 450 class and so far most seem to be healthy this year.
FC4582A3-D0BC-45F3-8361-BB43E14A45BD.jpeg

Thanks. It was a tough race. The heat was brutal. I started in Row 87. I got all kinds of excuses...lol
Getting your gearing right for each race is a bitch to.
Didn't seem like you had any chance to keep it up on the pipe.

I had an Ossa Pioneer new and that thing was one hell of an woods bike,it had almost a 20 Lb flywheel.

Getting your gearing right for each race is a bitch to.
Didn't seem like you had any chance to keep it up on the pipe.

I had an Ossa Pioneer new and that thing was one hell of an woods bike,it had almost a 20 Lb flywheel.
This 200 XCW likes not revving. It's good in the mid range.

Started on two wheel 10 years old, so yes a fan of anything 2 wheels, fast, insane, any mode exhilarating to this old dude (riding for over 50 years). Personally have slowed down but still and enthusiast of anything 2 or 4 wheel wild.

I have owned, ridden Hodaka, Maico, CZ, BSA, Triumph, Harley Davidson, Victory, Suzuki, Bridgestone, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Jawa, Indian, BMW, KTM, Honda...dirt/street/adventure/cruiser/superbike.

One of my last personal builds for mountain cruising

View attachment 7025501
A few more of my builds and some friends with theirs
D91A98CE-B9E9-4A0C-9E60-ADDEE3E21093.jpeg
2E04317E-8160-4124-A518-BF5C32E53036.jpeg
@ Daytona

ah. the red wheels didn't look like BST's (usually they are solid construction and it looked like the front spoke was more of an I beam construction, hard to tell from the angles. I know a lot of high end bikes come with BST's (I use to use a lot of BST motorcycle wheels for displays) and they are simply stunning works of art. and stupid light. The first boxes I got from BST I though someone had stolen the wheel out of the box, but lo and behold the damn thing was in there, just way lighter than I expected!!

The Superlight SS looks cool. I know it's a parallel twin, but one of the best looking bikes IMHO was the Ducati SuperMono. There's quite a few of them in the offices at AMS ducati in Dallas. Jeff Nash use to race them and has quite a few of them sitting around in various trim levels.

Yea, they are stupid fucking lightweight and probably the one reliable modification to make any bike a lot faster at any single point on the track. The price kills of course, lol, but racing ain't cheap.

The Norton V4's also have the Rotex supercharger system, probably topping out at around 225-230HP tuned. I don't know if there's a supersport style superbike that compares, at that point you're talking ZX-14 or H2 territory and those are both better as drag bikes in comparison. Ducatis are sweet but I prefer the 848 and earlier models which were 100% track-oriented and unforgiving, like the Supermono, whereas nowadays they are viable for simple transportation as well. The Panigale is supposed to be the apex of that avenue they've taken since, but in doing so I think they've lost a bit of their unique brutishness. Personally, I'm a triple fan but love all bikes.

Maybe it's time to start a new SX thread, but the first round was a bit anticlimactic. I was hoping for a better show from Tomac. hoping that either Tomac or Roczen win the title this year. Roczen just because he's overcome a lot of obstacles to get back to where he is now, Tomac.. well just because I like him and think he has the speed to do it.

But he needs his bad nights to be like 4th or 5th, not 7th or 8th.

Still hoping that Plessinger rebounds with some good rides this year, fun to watch bambam run up front.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
Anyone else heart broken over this virus cancelling most of the supercross season?

Its been a while since we have had THIS CLOSE of a points run between so many good riders past the half way point. Typically its a good season until mid way and then one person typically has a noticeable lead. Its been some great racing and it kills me this season is cut short.

Also wish we could see Reeds last full season. Hes definitely not at the top of his game anymore but I grew up during the Reed/Ricky days and loved watching them ride. Was a cool send off year until now.

Reactions: Rover31
Yes it sucks, but at least Tomac is in the points lead lol. Might be one way for him to finally clinch it. I've been pulling for him for years. And Daytona was an awesome race so I can watch that again. Just hoping they get back to racing soon.

Yes it sucks, but at least Tomac is in the points lead lol. Might be one way for him to finally clinch it. I've been pulling for him for years. And Daytona was an awesome race so I can watch that again. Just hoping they get back to racing soon.

And this....is where we differ LOL. Ive been a roczen fan ever since he was a ktm 350 fill in rider.

Something about tomac bugs me but there's no doubt he rides really well.

I agree on Roczen. He is a stud to come back from those injuries. Die hard Kawa fan here so that does impact my Tomac preference. Even Webb after that big crash a few weeks ago came back to battle in the following two rounds. Speaking of Kawasaki, Marchbanks put on an unexpected clinic. Have to love an underdog.

I'm torn between the two. I'd like to see Tomac win this year because he's the fastest rider most of the time but has lacked consistency the past few years. I think he's done a much better job of doing that this year, and given his race wins over the years he's due for a championship IMHO.

I like roczen and think he will get it next year. He's had a tough couple of years and when he's on, he's hard to beat. It's great to see two competitors face off, and each night not know who was going to win. I also appreciate the fact that they both race clean and seem to have a lot of respect for each other (after daytona, it was nice to see them stop and talk for a minute, Roczen congratulating him on the ride). Neither gives excuses, just that they didn't have it that evening.

Not a big Webb fan, and used to be more of an Anderson fan but not sure what changed my opinion of him. Not that I don't like him and his riding style is fun to watch.

I'm hoping that Plessinger keeps moving forward, he's had a tough recovery with his ankle from last year.

As for the rest of the season, not sure how it's going to play out. I think the next 3-4 weeks will give us an idea of where it's headed.

Crushed that there's no MotoGP, AMA SBK or WSBK either.

Going for a ride tomorrow, hopefully I"ll feel better after that. :)

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
We have VIP tickets to SLC - down on the track during the 450 main. Still have fingers crossed that it will happen but it is not looking good.

I agree with everything pretty much Speedy.

Tomac reminds me of a late career james stewart. Loads of speed but always dumped it at some point screwing himself over. Tomac just gets horrible starts and makes life harder for himself. The majority of Tomac fans are what kills him for me. They are on his D so hard it reminds me of Democrats lol.

Webb just bothers me overall... cocky and if he doesn't win theres always a big excuse. Hes been milking this flu for half a season. Just man up and admit you didn't have it that night. No shame when theres so many fast riders this season.

Loved the respect at daytona also.

Reactions: SpeedyR
I do some of it and another sport too, but for my last times, I started to feel some pain in my back.
Maybe someone may recommend some back massagers or recipes on how to minimize the traumas in the future? :(

Flat track is awesome. Nothing like the feeling of backing it in on speed when you let off the gas a bit.

I do enjoy watching SX and MX, only sports (or TV for that matter) that I watch. Huge bummer it's not available now that I'm stuck at home... I'm a Colorado Native and Tomac fan. I also raced MTB's back when his dad was active in that sport.

I did always wonder, looking around here, how many of you fancied leather trousers.

• Haha
Reactions: BikePilot
View attachment 7312760
trials life in the mountains.
Love it! I competed a bit in 2011-2012. Just playing around in the yard now, but will probably hit some events this fall when things open up in Colorado. I’ll be on a Montesa 315R and my son will probably be on an Oset 20. Hoping the TRS 20 makes it here a it’s a good bit lighter, but in typical there’s no end in sight to the delays.

I love me some dirty bikes! Did some racing in my late teens early 20s wasn't very good but had a great time. I'm paying for all the broken bones now hahaha. I still enjoy riding we have a small track at the house with 1 jump. My kids enjoy it they have been bugging me to pull the bikes out and get them going for the season but we have had so much rain this year the whole property is mushy. I still have not been able to get the tractor around to mow.

This is the only jump we have so far. It's to big for the kids right now. I will probably knock the takeoff down and turn it into a tabletop for them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-184803_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200511-184803_Instagram.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 25
Love it! I competed a bit in 2011-2012. Just playing around in the yard now, but will probably hit some events this fall when things open up in Colorado. I’ll be on a Montesa 315R and my son will probably be on an Oset 20. Hoping the TRS 20 makes it here a it’s a good bit lighter, but in typical there’s no end in sight to the delays.
I would love to come out to Colorado and ride some trials. I’ve always wondered what trials is like on some dry terrain I’ve only ridden in the East where it seems like I’m always dealing with wet leaves and mud.

I would love to come out to Colorado and ride some trials. I’ve always wondered what trials is like on some dry terrain I’ve only ridden in the East where it seems like I’m always dealing with wet leaves and mud.

It's fun stuff, a lot more rock involved. Traction (when not on a rock) isn't necessarily better as dry dusty dirt is really slippery too! I competed in AMA D5, 6, and 7 trials about a decade ago, so I know what you mean about the mud and leaves in the east!

BTW I got the Oset 20 for my 6yr old. Still no ETA on the TRS, so went for an Oset and building a custom battery pack for it. It'll be about 15lbs heavier than the TRS, but can ride now vs wait forever. Also will have a 24ah battery rather than 17. Might pick up the TRS also if he gets into competing and it looks like the weight is holding him back.

Took my wife to a beta demo day last fall. She enjoyed it but not enough to let us pull the trigger on buying one for her. Sorta how she felt when I converted my Wilson combat super sniper to a 224 Valkyrie for her to get into long range shooting since she shoots every other discipline but I did it anyway lol
3B991EC6-6AED-4325-9078-DE9148CF6444.jpeg

Took my wife to a beta demo day last fall. She enjoyed it but not enough to let us pull the trigger on buying one for her. Sorta how she felt when I converted my Wilson combat super sniper to a 224 Valkyrie for her to get into long range shooting since she shoots every other discipline but I did it anyway lolView attachment 7325000
That’s awesome!!!

Two wheels! I'm in from bicycles, mopeds to big bore superbikes. Dirt, street, drag. Love it. I gave it up because I ride like an idiot on the street and I need to be around to take care of Mom and pop.

Wear your gear! Road rash is forever.

Keep it shiney side up😎

E

sounds like Supercross will be back on May 31st. All remaining races will be held in SLC, UT. Sunday night and Wednesday nights they will have races. Not sure about attendance, but as long as I have live racing to watch on TV i'll be happy.

I know MotoAmerica is starting back up and have their schedule posted as well. Road America for two rounds, first on coming up soon but no spectators allowed, and then if current trends continue they will allow spectators for the second round at Road America.

They have Barber and Road Atlanta dates confirmed, hopefully I'll make both of those.

Bought a new (to me!) 2015 500EXC from a friend 2 weeks ago. Fun bike, much easier to ride in the woods than my 950 SE. :)

TfCjUX1czHx8k91d9fiDBwcRgeVL5do7Dzul_4YNjwaCEGJiPcpQlb7zwqORPvANWlGY0bQ_3Iz758F6PgBnYGitwrRP17lmM8TVIEZLR-jM4XgN6oh_O0LajJSmjgJpfiK1MwWolVBzFZ6BYHUC6Akt3qpM_b6wCJ18QjNlX6vIj9x2IhVzJSujMxCDPE_r1WpVpUF2v4bzq5WWbyIqCd81UYIBnbqhTuRm_YvteEGq2YsarY1u-kf8ilvEpbEQUZGPTji12J8pInptFxfDWRBny7xk2o90I1X88ME6M9oVrcZWwwtVgaoJQ1PadYRacd5oHIZK1ru4wmkKSF_UBwl3FFzglNpUt_ZB3TvSntRQUt6f6PF9z7R2oszrwz9WNKDPxt61uzKRf7PEtuYzMtTDKGnq36eS9ZWsahHF6F1x8dkdT98dtnMMhqPh7qf6s1O9OuZNaf4v6AS3UkECFXryyG-_YMxmhjG1OJ9WjXg3-Vt5f8gwvYuAeEA44YfcL6naGlpkrr_6ROabmWyARQOkOIdtufsCULe5RGuDDu1gF33qy20bRxOGRk6gWoEOHgakCZkloJ8bduMTD5gSpI6fbSFqBDAMLJziAfu5AEVy_v63o-dPztq3cagACBsx5T1tCu4c-aEvS3vmK9K1meTQYsRurbg7TXkEN7q6GbsvnH1FLwFIx7xmKtyiiQ=w1429-h1072-no

I fast forwarded to the meat of your vid, just in time for you to stall it in that turn. LOL. Get yourself an easy button man! Life’s too short.

Hah! That will be the day. At 58 I'm at least 20 years from needing a starter. Something about running a YZ250 since I was 15, and that one didn't have a clutch. Had to bump start it and hop (hope) on! You can look at all my other videos, and unless I am crashing or falling over, I'm almost never stalling. :LOL:

I actually have nothing against starters. But I really do love the simplicity of my YZ250. I did add a lighting coil, because I ride after work in winter and sometimes don't beat the sun on the way back to the truck. Also valved the suspension myself for woods riding. I can tune it however I want, and I can rebuild it for pennies. And yet it is a fantastic do-it-all bike with one of the best suspensions in off road motorcycle history and all the power I could ever need.

Last edited:
sounds like Supercross will be back on May 31st. All remaining races will be held in SLC, UT. Sunday night and Wednesday nights they will have races. Not sure about attendance, but as long as I have live racing to watch on TV i'll be happy.

I know MotoAmerica is starting back up and have their schedule posted as well. Road America for two rounds, first on coming up soon but no spectators allowed, and then if current trends continue they will allow spectators for the second round at Road America.

They have Barber and Road Atlanta dates confirmed, hopefully I'll make both of those.

Bought a new (to me!) 2015 500EXC from a friend 2 weeks ago. Fun bike, much easier to ride in the woods than my 950 SE. :)

TfCjUX1czHx8k91d9fiDBwcRgeVL5do7Dzul_4YNjwaCEGJiPcpQlb7zwqORPvANWlGY0bQ_3Iz758F6PgBnYGitwrRP17lmM8TVIEZLR-jM4XgN6oh_O0LajJSmjgJpfiK1MwWolVBzFZ6BYHUC6Akt3qpM_b6wCJ18QjNlX6vIj9x2IhVzJSujMxCDPE_r1WpVpUF2v4bzq5WWbyIqCd81UYIBnbqhTuRm_YvteEGq2YsarY1u-kf8ilvEpbEQUZGPTji12J8pInptFxfDWRBny7xk2o90I1X88ME6M9oVrcZWwwtVgaoJQ1PadYRacd5oHIZK1ru4wmkKSF_UBwl3FFzglNpUt_ZB3TvSntRQUt6f6PF9z7R2oszrwz9WNKDPxt61uzKRf7PEtuYzMtTDKGnq36eS9ZWsahHF6F1x8dkdT98dtnMMhqPh7qf6s1O9OuZNaf4v6AS3UkECFXryyG-_YMxmhjG1OJ9WjXg3-Vt5f8gwvYuAeEA44YfcL6naGlpkrr_6ROabmWyARQOkOIdtufsCULe5RGuDDu1gF33qy20bRxOGRk6gWoEOHgakCZkloJ8bduMTD5gSpI6fbSFqBDAMLJziAfu5AEVy_v63o-dPztq3cagACBsx5T1tCu4c-aEvS3vmK9K1meTQYsRurbg7TXkEN7q6GbsvnH1FLwFIx7xmKtyiiQ=w1429-h1072-no

I'll be at Road Atlanta. "Local" to me.

E

Oh man please don’t let that happen, I’m dying to see him win a supercross championship to add to his outdoor achievements.