• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressing a RRA AR10 anyone?

fieldnstreamer

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2011
Tennessee
Hi, I have the RRA a4 26" bbl and am looking to suppress it soon. It shoots around .5 MOA and would like it to stay that way. Is there anything I need to look out for or are all suppressors good and wont mess up accuracy? A local Gun shop makes their own titanium one and they look real nice and feel like they would be great, they're like $650 and Ive seen thunderbeast ones for like $1250 and Ive seen them for 1800 online elsewhere. I just dont want to buy one that is less expensive and it mess up my accuracy. Maybe all these name band people jack the price up through the roof and other peoples are just as good. Also if I shoot subsonic handloads in it will they shoot ok or cycle?

Re: Suppressing a RRA AR10 anyone?

If your barrel is already threaded, see if your local place that builds one has a demo can you can test out, with them of course. If they really want to sell you one, they should have no problem with that request.

I put a YHM 7.62 Phantom on mine and there wasn't any difference in accuracy. It may have improved actually.

One thing you'll need to watch is bolt cycle rate. I broke a couple of BHO rods when using my Suppressor. I'm told you can solve this by using a heavier buffer. I have not tried it yet.

I haven't been able to get subsonic .308 rounds to cycle in my Ar-10. Perhaps someone else can chime in about that. You will also get lots of blowback, and it will make cleaning a lot more fun. I have also noticed that some screw on cans and some QD types seem to like to rotate a bit with the .308 Ar-10. That is why it would be good if you get to demo a can before you buy one. If the can does rotate while you are shooting you will have accuracy issues as the zero shift will keep moving. To reduce blowback/bolt cycle you can get a regulated gas block a few companies make them.