• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors suppressor recommendation for a 338 Lapua

Re: suppressor recommendation for a 338 Lapua

Have a look at SAS.
I don't own one, nor have I used one of their 338 cans, but I did buy one of there 308 cans.
They have come very well recommended and the are great to deal with..

http://www.sas-llc.us/product1b.php

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BoltRipper is partial to Titanium..... </div></div>

any particular brand BT?

BT runs a Shark Suppressor.

The SAS 338 can is not out yet. But from hearing from the select few that have seen it, it should not dissapoint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC titan </div></div>

do you have one?

We've got an AAC Titan but still waiting on some parts to be able to shoot it. Not their fault, I just have the wrong rifle with me
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BT runs a Shark Suppressor.

The SAS 338 can is not out yet. But from hearing from the select few that have seen it, it should not dissapoint. </div></div>
the SAS .338 suppressor is out

<span style="font-weight: bold">PHOENIX .338 NORMA/LAPUA MAG SUPPRESSOR PRICE: $975</span>
Material: 304 Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 1.75" x 10.5" (overall length)
Weight: 38 oz muzzle break mount only
Performance: Average of 37.5db tested on .338 Norma and .338 Lapua.

338.jpg

AAC Titan, has a QD break that works very well

+1 for the Thunderbeast... I have one in .308 & have done a test of putting 50 rounds through my AIAW with nothing on the end of he barrel, 50 rounds with the muzzle brake on he end & then 50 roudns with the can on the end. To the best of my ability, I tired to keep all things equal. I waited the same amount of time between each shot, the conditions were as close to being as identical as possible & it was shot from a fixed rifle support. The tightest group (by far) was with the Thunderbeast on the end of the barrel.

You get what you pay for & I assure you - you will be happy with a Thunderbeast can

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShaunB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BT runs a Shark Suppressor.

The SAS 338 can is not out yet. But from hearing from the select few that have seen it, it should not dissapoint. </div></div>
the SAS .338 suppressor is out

<span style="font-weight: bold">PHOENIX .338 NORMA/LAPUA MAG SUPPRESSOR PRICE: $975</span>
Material: 304 Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 1.75" x 10.5" (overall length)
Weight: 38 oz muzzle break mount only
Performance: Average of 37.5db tested on .338 Norma and .338 Lapua.

338.jpg
</div></div>

I believe there is a new one coming out with a QD mount and is in titanium.

the SAS QD's mount won't be out for a little while, as far as i know you can still get a .338 in Ti but they are more expensive and Tim hasn't put them on the site yet. the flash hider/muzzle break suppressors will be retrofitable with the QD system.

The SAS 338 can is not out yet. But from hearing from the select few that have seen it, it should not dissapoint. [/quote]

To the contrary they are out sir.

SAS Phoenix .338 steel or TI, thread on over muzzle or flash hider, superb.
QD shown however they (QD style that is) will not be out for a few months while SAS takes care of current demand.
P2080023.jpg

Mine from just a few weeks ago.

titan if you can afford it!

I've shot the Titan, it is the tits. I wouldn't buy any other .338 can.

I have the AAC Titan on a custom built rem 700 LA.
Its badass!!!!!

We have been running the SureFire's for over a year. Very good performance. Very consistent. Repeatable. Absolutely zero gas back to the rear. No spritzing the scope objective like some other QD mounts. Recently ran it on a 24" .338LM. Still very good performance even though you could tell a very noticeable increase in muzzle blast for the un-suppressed 24" compared to the un-suppressed 27". We could tell the difference in the audio levels between the two lengths when running the SF.

About 1400 rounds through the .338 SF and it has not let us down in front of a lot of people. The suppressed .338 is always the runaway favorite with even admin that don't get a lot of trigger time.

Heard good things about the Sharks and the stuff from Zak's shack.

No wind,
Terry

I'll second Terry on the Surefire. The break is very effective when used without the can. I have no question about the repeatability, I've tested several rifles out to 2000 meters.

The Ops Inc can makes for a little shorter overall length, but the break is almost totally ineffective with the suppressor removed. It might be 1 - 2 db quieter.

To clarify this once again, the SAS QD system has not been release and is currently in R&D. What Cheese has is a one of, first of its kind if you will and not been released nor should have been mentioned or pictured for as far as that goes. When they are complete and proven for release, SAS will announce such. The only attachment methods currently available are direct thread on and muzzle brake/flash hider direct connect. Clarified why, no need to ask, call, email or pm for this NEWLY released item when it is NOT available. This is not a slam but a forum assist for Tim and perspective customers.