• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sw florida guys, where is a good vacation spot?

maccrazy2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2009
10 minutes S. W. of denver
I am planning on taking the old lady and daughter somewhere in october. Any recomendations of where to stay in the clearwater area or farther south of there. Indian shores has been mentioned by a friend. It is hard to tell from the web how places compare. Some look great but the reviews say otherwise.
I am looking for a place on the beach, with a kitchen/kitchenet, bacony looking at the ocean. A few restaurants where locals go and I would like to go out on a head boat for a 1/2 day trip but my daughter is under 2 and I may hold off on that as I dont think either of them would have fun on a boat. Really just looking for a nice beach and relaxation and a few good meals.

I am planning on taking the old lady and daughter somewhere in october. Any recomendations of where to stay in the clearwater area or farther south of there. Indian shores has been mentioned by a friend. It is hard to tell from the web how places compare. Some look great but the reviews say otherwise.
I am looking for a place on the beach, with a kitchen/kitchenet, bacony looking at the ocean. A few restaurants where locals go and I would like to go out on a head boat for a 1/2 day trip but my daughter is under 2 and I may hold off on that as I dont think either of them would have fun on a boat. Really just looking for a nice beach and relaxation and a few good meals.

Sanibel Island will suit your needs very well.

Siesta Key is one of the nicest beaches we have. Unbelievable sand and water. Google it.

Siesta Key is one of the nicest beaches we have. Unbelievable sand and water. Google it.

I've been to Marco Island, Fort Myers, and Siesta Key. The first two were vacations and I ended up in Siesta Key when TDY. Siesta Key is more small town atmosphere with a ton of bars/restaurants down a main drag. The other ones were touristy, and you'd probably want a bike if you decided to explore.

I liked Siesta key the best. There weren't high-rise condos everywhere, and you'd probably need to look into renting a beach house or cottage.

thanks guys. I looked it up and found what looks like a decient place. right on the beach and there is a marina on the other side of the building. I will look over the reviews tonight.

I like Anna Maria Island myself. No high rise condo's. Laid back. Skinny's Place with the coldest beer and best burgers, Star Fish Company on Cortez eating the best seafood out of a cardboard box. It's like Key West but without the Key West nasty.

If it flys, floats or fucks rent it is my motto. My dad has a place in Everglades city. I love it down there. Cruising the water fishing, checking crab and lobster pots, skin diving for fish and lobsters. When I am older I am getting a shack somewhere on the gulf where I can live on seafood and wild pigs.