• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swampfox scopes Good or bad?

+1 for what Shooter said... I'd be interested in how it compares to the MPO or something like an Athlon Midas TAC or Ares BTR

Reactions: carolinahunter

Huge thread here. Mike formerly from Primary Arms is the lead PR guy and doing his best to promote these scopes and answer questions. They have a killer LEO/MIL policy and very supportive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonback13
A guy on another website was claiming the top Chinese optical glass manufacturer wanted to sell scopes directly to the US under Swampfox brand scopes. He claimed he use to work for Primary Arms and that Swampfox uses really good glass and turrets without the extra cost US distributors add. Anyone try one yet?
I have one ... a Swamp Fox Tomahawk 1-8 ... use it on a Springfield Saint AR in 5.56. Good glass, great illumination, tracks fine, accurate BDC reticle for my ammo, crisp tactile and audible turrets. Got a great sale coupon code and bought it about a year ago for $244 (shipped). Good value - solid product - I'm happy. Didn't know it was Chinese ... wouldn't have cared anyway, at least not at this price-point.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
I was hoping to learn something from this post as I'm sure others were to.
Now I'm just at the point where I'll just throw my two cents in.
I've lived though the Vortex startup BS that seemed to have the same theme. Let's make people feel good about a lifetime warranty that more often than not you're going to need! and in many cases repeatedly
That's all I hear!
(best warranty it the business) BS
I don't think any of you can actually produce a full disclosure as to where All of your XYZ scope parts are made.
Step back a few generations and you were a fool for buying anything from Japan or any other country for that matter.
I have older Burris Optics that have survived multiple high country nasty Elk hunts, that would have coused (most) of the new scopes to make another trip back to get that amazing warranty work done again.
I used to visit the Burris factory in Greeley CO. occasionally to pick up some new rings and if I couldn't get there before closing they would just leave them in the bush by the front door, I never saw a bill, just a note, saying thanks for the business.
You know I never needed their lifetime warranty or Leupold's lifetime warranty they had no need to make a big deal out of it like we see today
And I've yet to see a scope with better low light glass than that old
4-16x50 Signature series. I'm sure it's out there but at twice the price.
I'm just saying I'd be more apt to try Swampfox than feed the warranty center at Vortex
And just a thought, why do you think the companies that used to make their product here now have to outsource. In the beginning it was too compete with the cheap startups like Vortex and many others (like)Swampfox, Athlon, Primary, Arken. And on and on
You have know idea how much you buy from China, I hate it to, but you even eat food from Chinese companies on a daily basis.
So let's just hope that companies like a Swampfox can force or help drive a more competitive optics market.
BTW Burris is still doing business out of the same building, but unfortunately it's costumer service is nothing like it used to be. But probably still better than most.

Quigley Ford is a what. Some guy came on the hide and told everyone that S&B and kahles and the like are a waste of money.
This new Quigley Ford scope would wipe the floor with those tier 1 pos's. Turned into an epic thread.

that would be the famous Buddly. Perhaps the most famous thread of all time.

Reactions: 308pirate
Great scope for the price point.
Exceptional clarity and brightness. Flawless controls and fit and finish.
Eye box is finicky.
What can you expect for $450 in a 1/10lpvo?
I took it off my pof Rogue and put it on my cmr30.
For a fighting rifle when my life is on the line and my adrenaline is off the scale I don’t like the prospect of seeing all black through a tube.
Burris 332 is back on the 308 Rogue and I’m shooting day or night both eyes open with or without a cheek weld and feel confident shooting far as I feel is needed.
Like the old WWII guys said “just bear down and keep shooting till the guy in your sights trying to get a round in his bolt action falls”

Great scope for the price point.
Exceptional clarity and brightness. Flawless controls and fit and finish.
Eye box is finicky.
What can you expect for $450 in a 1/10lpvo?
I took it off my pof Rogue and put it on my cmr30.
For a fighting rifle when my life is on the line and my adrenaline is off the scale I don’t like the prospect of seeing all black through a tube.
Burris 332 is back on the 308 Rogue and I’m shooting day or night both eyes open with or without a cheek weld and feel confident shooting far as I feel is needed.
Like the old WWII guys said “just bear down and keep shooting till the guy in your sights trying to get a round in his bolt action falls”

Really... This is your first post.... Find yourself in alot of firefights lately?

I want to ad a footnote about the pof Rogue.
Get one, do what you must.
They really are 5.9 pounds, they are 100% amazing, low recoil, perfect reliable, sub moa accuracy even w cheap steel.
My beloved m1a scout is like the old Shelby mustang ive loved and adored my whole life but she just can’t hold a candle to this new high tech engineering marvel.
If you are loaded get both like I have and go to the range with both rifles let others shoot them and hear everyone say “I must have these rifles, I had no idea”

Really... This is your first post.... Find yourself in alot of firefights lately?
About 18 months since, but watch the news, that day could come to us all. The founders kew what they were doing when they gave us the 2a.

Sorry but is anyone actually interested in a scope called "Swampfox"?

Like... couldn't they have come up with something a little less... awful?

Or is Swampfox someone's last name, like Leupold is?

"Hello, my name is Dick Swampfox. My friends call me Swamp Dick."

Sorry but is anyone actually interested in a scope called "Swampfox"?

Like... couldn't they have come up with something a little less... awful?

Or is Swampfox someone's last name, like Leupold is?

"Hello, my name is Dick Swampfox. My friends call me Swamp Dick."
Mel Gibson's character in "The Patriot" was loosely based on Revolution War soldier Francis Marion, aka "the Swamp Fox". But yeah, nothing says 'Merica like sourcing products from overseas. Not that I'm neccessarily against sourcing products from overseas, just maybe don't try to name them something so patriotic if it's not a domestic product.

Reactions: drewthebrave
Husky driver?
Scooter?
giphy (18).gif

A big part of the Burris problem is the XTR I was sort of a piece of shit.

I have yet to see one that lasted, and it had moa knobs and basic mil reticle. That was the spec of the day, but they wasted some of their chance of being revolutionary.

The 1-4 or all of them?

I had a 4-16 that couldn't stop shitting the bed. I had been looking at the 1-4s thinking maybe it was a higher quality for a lower price.

@Lunar 42 Uh oh...looks like memegenerator.net stole your likeness. You should probably call an attorney.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a budget (<$400) scope for a budget rifle. I've read some good reports about the Swampfox Patriot 6-24x50. I can get it for $339 (with coupon code). My other current choice is a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 which I can get for the same price BUT as a demo from Scopelist. Does anybody who has some experience with the Swampfox Patriot line have some thoughts?
Thank you.

Ask me later today. Headed to the range now with my newly mounted Swampfox Patriot 6-24 on my 224 Valkyrie. Results soon ...

Reactions: Earnhardt
Excellent....please report back. Thanks.
OK ... here's the deal ... mounted the SwampFox Patriot 5-25 on a .224 Valkyrie with a White Oak Armament barrel ... zero'd nicely at zero-dark-thirty and then shot at a "Gas Gun Competition" at IPSC, Peepers, Lolly-Pops, and other various steel and reaction targets from 300 yards to 950 yards.

The Pro's
- Great price ... got mine for $300 (Veteran Discount)
- Good glass quality
- Nice reticle ... easy to see through but still useful for holdovers
- Smooth controls (paralax, magnification, diopter)

The Con's
- Slightly mushy turrets ... especially windage which has no audible click whatsoever
- Small eye box ... lots of shadow if you're not right in the sweet spot, especially on high magnification
- 6 Mils maxes one elevation rotation and it's hard to tell where you're at on the turret after that
- No zero stop ... which screwed me up once (my fault - sort of) after coming off a 9-mil adjustment

The huge mistake I made after zero'ing it, was to zero one other rifle with a Leupold Mark 5 HD 5-25 on it ... the difference in quality (of everything) was breathtaking. That said, comparing a $300 scope and a $2,000 scope one after the other is NOT fair, but it is revealing.

Bottom line ... I'd rate this scope as a great buy for the money, and if you need a long range precision scope and squandered all your cash on the rifle and only have a few bucks left for the glass ... this is probably a great value / option in the sub-$500 space.

I have a Swampfox Patriot 6-24x50. It is on an AR-10 chambered in .308. I have had good luck with it and have had excellent return to zero. The glass is nice and clear and it performs well for the pricepoint.

I have a Swampfox Patriot 6-24x50. It is on an AR-10 chambered in .308. I have had good luck with it and have had excellent return to zero. The glass is nice and clear and it performs well for the pricepoint.
Any scope fog/milk in the highest mag range?
Thanks

Any scope fog/milk in the highest mag range?
Thanks
None that I have noticed but I dont run full power most of time. The only issue I would mention is the finicky eye box but with a consistent cheek weld it has not been a problem for me at all.

I just mounted a Swampfox 1-10 but I have not taken it out to the range. It is a really solid scope. It seems to be very rugged. Glass is clear at all levels of magnification. It really doesn't feel like an entry level scope. The etched reticle is clean and clear. The illumination is daytime bright. This scope received favorable comments from Ilya. There is a 20% off code available online, too (I am not sure if I can post that because it links to someone else's website)

We'll see how well it plays once it is properly sighted in.

BTW- I mounted a Swampfox Kingslayer at 45 degrees. I will report back on both once I have placed a few rounds down range.

I just mounted a Swampfox 1-10 but I have not taken it out to the range. It is a really solid scope. It seems to be very rugged. Glass is clear at all levels of magnification. It really doesn't feel like an entry level scope. The etched reticle is clean and clear. The illumination is daytime bright. This scope received favorable comments from Ilya. There is a 20% off code available online, too (I am not sure if I can post that because it links to someone else's website)

We'll see how well it plays once it is properly sighted in.

BTW- I mounted a Swampfox Kingslayer at 45 degrees. I will report back on both once I have placed a few rounds down range.
Name of 20% off coupon link?
Thanks

Also, if you are military or law enforcement give them a call. They give a really nice discount and it is automatically applied to everything in your cart at checkout.

wow they have a 1-10x24 with a decent reticle for $500. ID like more info on it as well.

I have a brief video on that scope and for what it is I liked it quite a lot. A few people bought it based on my recommendation and they seem happy.

The scope is made in China, so if that is an issue, it is not for you. I try to stay out of that argument. That's a decision for everyone to make on their own.

They do have a facility in Colorado that they are building up first to do QC and then see where that will take them. I have talked to them and they seem like good people, so I have a few of their products. So far so good. I think they offer a lot for the money.

ILya

I have a brief video on that scope and for what it is I liked it quite a lot. A few people bought it based on my recommendation and they seem happy.

The scope is made in China, so if that is an issue, it is not for you. I try to stay out of that argument. That's a decision for everyone to make on their own.

They do have a facility in Colorado that they are building up first to do QC and then see where that will take them. I have talked to them and they seem like good people, so I have a few of their products. So far so good. I think they offer a lot for the money.

ILya

Thanks Ilya, I figures it was but for an Ar based truck gun, it might be the ticket. Seems everything else at this price point uses some moa BDC. Nice to see a mil based option.

Please post a video of the scope going through a Nightforce test.You get what you pay for in life... Go Tier 1 or go home. If you can't afford a Tier 1 scope, save and watch for good deals in our PX section. HUGE SAVINGS TO BE HAD> and to ALL the guys thinking these CHEAP scopes can hang? Please post a video of the scope going through a Nightforce test.

How do US Optics stack up to SwamFox? I was looking at their site today thinking it may be a decent product. Anybody care to share their experiences?

• Sad
Got the Warhawk on my cz455 set up for nrl22 matches. We shoot it at NRL22X matches as well with targets going all the way to 300 yards. It does the job and it does it good for the price from expertvoice.

Attachments

• 20201101_133813.jpg
    20201101_133813.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 103
So reading this thread. No Americans own a Chinese factory. It has to be 51% Chinese owned. So if he's lying about that hard pass.

They do have a facility in Colorado that they are building up first to do QC and then see where that will take them.

Many years ago I worked for an R&D division of Johnson & Johnson. Others and I were hired to perform testing on a new (at the time) medical product they were going to produce. There was a full production staff brought in, mechanical and electrical assemblers and an assembly line was created. When all the kinks were worked out the entire documented procedure and production was picked up and moved from FL to AL because of cheaper labor there. Sounds kind of similar.

So reading this thread. No Americans own a Chinese factory. It has to be 51% Chinese owned. So if he's lying about that hard pass.

There are multiple ways around that which is how many people do business in China.

Typically, people set up a trading company that works between the customer abroad and a variety of different factories that actually make stuff. The trading company often has an ownership share in each factory and a set of contracts that effectively give it control over all of the capacity of that factory.

That's just one example.

ILya