• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes SWFA 30mm Rings

astrohound24

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2012
Hello Hiders,

I am installing a Nikon FX1000 on my 700 Police in .308, and the ring caps seem to have more space than I remember seeing before. Is something off here? I am relatively new to all this. I included a picture that I hope you can see? The scope has 30mm tube and the rings are of course supposed to be 30mm. The scope fits perfectly in the cradles of the rings on the bottom, but those top caps just look weird to me. I have not tightened them down yet until I hear from you guys. Thanks for any input you guys can give ahead of time.
GM

Attachments

• BEE646C9-D2FB-4D2A-8086-BEEBB05D0109.png
    BEE646C9-D2FB-4D2A-8086-BEEBB05D0109.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 26
Ok all good here. Once I started tightening everything settled in. I think they worked out well. Now to shoot this thing.
GM

I had to lap the ever lovin’ out of my SWFA rings for my Nikon Black. Recently replaced with the Nikon 1-piece mount and it’s way way better. SWFA rings went into the recycle bin.