• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS 1-6X24HD Pics

Re: SWFA SS 1-6X24HD Pics

Another one! Another buy... sigh. Life is hard...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark me down for 1. Group buy? Sign me up. </div></div>

If a group buy pops up hopefully it is around the time I get all my refunds in
grin.gif

Glad to see they are making improvements to give the consumer what they want, I'd be interested to see where these fall on the price point.

There was this from the SWFA SHOT Show thread, for anyone who missed it:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price and availability on the HD 1-6x24 has not been finalized. We plan to start shipping this spring and we plan to bring them in under $1k.</div></div>

Any idea on pre-order this or at least getting on a list with % down etc?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally Posted By: SWFA
Price and availability on the HD 1-6x24 has not been finalized. We plan to start shipping this spring and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">we plan to bring them in under $1k.</span></span></div></div>

And then I jizz... In my pants.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyeDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally Posted By: SWFA
Price and availability on the HD 1-6x24 has not been finalized. We plan to start shipping this spring and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">we plan to bring them in under $1k.</span></span></div></div>

And then I jizz... In my pants. </div></div>

This.

With all the excellent offerings, the price point on this scope keeps bringing it back home. With the Bushnell around $1,300 and the Leupold Mk 6 somewhere between $1,500-$2,000 this is an excellent option for those living on a lowly govt. salary. I cannot wait to see all these scopes lined up. With the 1-8x MK4, S&B and PH waaaay outside my price range, it is a massive relief (in my pants) to see these reasonable price points with many of the same features and quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigB308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is very cool. I never used or seen any of their scopes except on the internet. Can anyone with first hand knowledge comment on the Glass, Quality, tracking, etc.?? Also whats the price and release date I didn't see it anywhere, but I guess its possible that I missed it. </div></div>

GTG in all respects. Quality and construction is NEVER something to worry about with SS scopes. I have a 1-4x, 2 3-9x, and a 5-20x. Not a problem with any of them.

Please post the link for the group buy in this thread. I am so in for my 300 Blackout build.

Jon, really appreciate this write up as well as all of the other of yours that I have read. Looks like another winner for SWFA.

You said that the scope is final, but the reticles are still prototypes. I have to say that I would do a cheetah flip for either, but each has something I like better than the other.

I am drawn to the circle, as it is more pleasing to my eye, and what I expect to see at 1X or an EOtech type red dot. However, at full zoom I like the fact that the T type has more exposed Mil lines all the way to 10 with the larger hash at 5, rather than just 5 in the circle. Perhaps the circle with mil lines down to 10?

Thanks,
Ty

I'd like to get in on the group buy as well, assuming there is one, and the release is not too far out. I stopped by SWFA on Friday afternoon and was looking at the 1-4x. I was really impressed with it. . . so much so I'm getting rid of my Leupold CQT to buy one (or the 1-6x).

Now I just have to decide if I can wait for this, or just break down and buy the 1-4x.

Looking forward to seeing a pic of the red circle reticle model, on bright, and at 1x for close in open eye shooting in bright daylight...

when you can...
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!!

Just FYI for those running the ARMS #40L (or similar height BUIS). . . . The rear objective of the 1-4 gets really, really close to the BUIS when mounted using the Bobro or American Defense QD mounts.

I'm not sure if the 1-6 rear objective is going to grow, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: planebuilder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just FYI for those running the ARMS #40L (or similar height BUIS). . . . The rear objective of the 1-4 gets really, really close to the BUIS when mounted using the Bobro or American Defense QD mounts.

I'm not sure if the 1-6 rear objective is going to grow, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

</div></div>
From what I read earlier, I am pretty sure the rear objective is the same size in terms of diameter, however over all length has been slightly increased.

This will be a nice addition to my optics family. Man I love buying gear!

k9g

Well SH!T, now I am going to need one of these too! It is getting hard to save up for rifles to put all these SWFA scopes on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SICARIO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know when these may be coming out?</div></div>

I guess around Spring time, from some quote up there ^

I am in the market for a 1x4 and would like to test this one out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to seeing a pic of the red circle reticle model, on bright, and at 1x for close in open eye shooting in bright daylight...</div></div>
OK, the sun finally poked out its nose. I didn't have a lot of time but I snapped this:

PICT0477.JPG

That grass is in full, direct sunlight. Like the 1-4X, it's not quite aimpoint-bright, but it's visible even in pretty bright conditions. Of course with this reticle, any condition bright enough to make it want to wash out and you're still left with the bold, black reticle.

In conditions like the above I wouldn't use the illumination at all--unless you're running in and out of buildings, it should work great for that.

Hot diggity damn!!! I thunk i just found my spending project...

Can't wait to see final config and am keeping the fingers crossed for that sub $1K price tag.

Awesome job guys..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to seeing a pic of the red circle reticle model, on bright, and at 1x for close in open eye shooting in bright daylight...</div></div>
OK, the sun finally poked out its nose. I didn't have a lot of time but I snapped this:

PICT0477.JPG

That grass is in full, direct sunlight. Like the 1-4X, it's not quite aimpoint-bright, but it's visible even in pretty bright conditions. Of course with this reticle, any condition bright enough to make it want to wash out and you're still left with the bold, black reticle.

In conditions like the above I wouldn't use the illumination at all--unless you're running in and out of buildings, it should work great for that. </div></div>

Hmmm, like you, I want to use mine for my damned back yard gofers too, yep...

I don't know how doable it is for me, but hot damn I want one of these for my AR and to get in on the group buy when it becomes available. Fingers crossed my money tree stops hibernating...

I have heard nothing but good about the SWFA family that being said the vortex 1-4 is worth a look. Just playing devils advocate here. Play with one in the store, decide what works for you first hand, anything els is just lazyness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking forward to seeing a pic of the red circle reticle model, on bright, and at 1x for close in open eye shooting in bright daylight...</div></div>

PICT0477.JPG

In conditions like the above I wouldn't use the illumination at all--unless you're running in and out of buildings, it should work great for that. </div></div>

Great photo Jon and you've got it right on the reticle. I've used my SS 1-4X24 HD rabbit hunting in snowy woods in bright day light several times. With the illumination on bright it is dark red but with good contrast on the bright snow and when you pan into the deep shadows of the trees you have the red reticle and a clear view. SWFA got it right on this one. Look at some of the other SHOT SHOW threads at the high dollar glass with the ruby red Aimpoint bright dots and look at this SS reticle and ask your self which one you want if the battery fails. I'll take the SWFA hands down no question. It's design is more versatile, it has great glass. it is ruggedly built and at a better price point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemisis7.62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard nothing but good about the SWFA family that being said the vortex 1-4 is worth a look. Just playing devils advocate here. Play with one in the store, decide what works for you first hand, anything els is just lazyness.</div></div>
... And coming into someone else's thread to plug a different product is kind of poor form. There are plenty of threads on here praising the virtues of the Vortex, however I don't believe that was Jon's goal here... Nice try though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemisis7.62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard nothing but good about the SWFA family that being said the vortex 1-4 is worth a look. Just playing devils advocate here. Play with one in the store, decide what works for you first hand, anything els is just lazyness.</div></div>
... And coming into someone else's thread to plug a different product is kind of poor form. There are plenty of threads on here praising the virtues of the Vortex, however I don't believe that was Jon's goal here... Nice try though. </div></div>

Someone else's thread? Last I checked, this is posted in the scope forum, not a dealer forum. Any and all discussion is allowed here.

$1k for that scope is outside of the range I'd consider. I use a 1-4 now and a 1-6 isn't worth 2.5x what a 1-4 is, to me. At double the price of the 1-4 I'd be in, and at $600, it'd be a no brainer.

this is exactly what ive been looking for, perfect for replacing the tac30 i bought a little while ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nemisis7.62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard nothing but good about the SWFA family that being said the vortex 1-4 is worth a look. Just playing devils advocate here. Play with one in the store, decide what works for you first hand, anything els is just lazyness.</div></div>
... And coming into someone else's thread to plug a different product is kind of poor form. There are plenty of threads on here praising the virtues of the Vortex, however I don't believe that was Jon's goal here... Nice try though. </div></div>

Someone else's thread? Last I checked, this is posted in the scope forum, not a dealer forum. Any and all discussion is allowed here.

$1k for that scope is outside of the range I'd consider. I use a 1-4 now and a 1-6 isn't worth 2.5x what a 1-4 is, to me. At double the price of the 1-4 I'd be in, and at $600, it'd be a no brainer. </div></div>

I could not disagree more. I've used my LMT MWS with the SWFA 1-4X24 HD out to 800 yards on steel. Past 600 it is doable but with my 60 year old eyes difficult. I've experimented with the SWFA 3-9X42 set on 6X at this range and decided I will be getting the SWFA 1-6X42mm HD when it comes out. The extra 2X makes a great deal of difference. The versatility this scope gives a 7.62 battle rifle is amazing. The Brits are using a 6X Trijicon on the LMT with success.

Great write up Jon. I'm a huge fan of the 1-4 SS. Hope to get my hands on one of these and run it around some. Based on your review and I'm inclined think it'll be a real winner.

I really like how SWFA evolved the reticle design.

Any idea on when they'll be ready? I'm not looking for a date, just ball park it ...a month, 2, 6?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was this from the SWFA SHOT Show thread, for anyone who missed it:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Price and availability on the HD 1-6x24 has not been finalized. We plan to start shipping this spring and we plan to bring them in under $1k.</div></div>

</div></div>

This is what was posted about the release of these scopes.....

Aron-

I love SS products and just sold my 1-4 in hopes of trying out the new 1-6 this Spring. Since I already took a hit selling my SS 1-4 and am not made of $$ I'm REALLY crossing my fingers for a big old "Here's to all of our loyal fans at Snipershide.com" group-buy discount!!
wink.gif

In an industry where all too often the manufacturers market what THEY feel like to us, it's always nice to see one who listens to what WE ask for, then go to the drawing board. I have a 3-9 and a 5-20, and am now glad I held off on the 1-4 that I almost bought several times. Thank you SWFA, and count me in again.

Jon, SWFA or anyone else have any new news on possible release dates, progress on these scopes or group buy rumors?

IMHO, this the perfect compromise between a CQB optic and a traditonal scope. Leupold had the right idea in their Mark 8 but not at the price of $4K. I am in for one when is the group buy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon, SWFA or anyone else have any new news on possible release dates, progress on these scopes or group buy rumors?</div></div>

they're working hard to release them hopefully by early Summer

Summer? if that's true, I may have to get the 1-4.

I've put off buying a scope hoping this will be out by April-May. I'd like to attend a Tactial Carbine class before it gets hot here in Texas, but "summer" is too far out for me.

SWFA, any official update would be great. . . .

If past SWFA releases are any clue, they will more than likely allow folks to pre-order these scopes when the arrival date gets closer

Being first in line has its advantages when the demand outweighs the supply.