• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Re: SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Justin204</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for reference, my order is 19247x and I ordered on 6/12. </div></div>

Did i miss a post? Do you have tracking info on yours as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chakup</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Justin204</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for reference, my order is 19247x and I ordered on 6/12. </div></div>

Did i miss a post? Do you have tracking info on yours as well? </div></div>

My bad, no I don't have jack shit on mine yet, just wanted to throw my order info & date out there for reference
smile.gif

The one that I got the cert for was the 5-20 illuminated with 10 mil knob. The non illuminated 5-20s might not be in yet.

one more data point for the guys waiting:

order placed the moment it went live
5-20 illum. shipped today (tracking received)
1-6 expected to arrive EOM, ship 1st week of Dec. (phone call)

I'll also pose a question:
any recommendations for a QD mount for the 1-6 with the latch on the left side? I have a larue QD but the latch on the right side gets hit by ejected brass on my 556.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'll also pose a question:
any recommendations for a QD mount for the 1-6 with the latch on the left side? I have a larue QD but the latch on the right side gets hit by ejected brass on my 556.</div></div>

Take the scope off and turn it around and remount scope. My Larue set up has the QD orientated on the left side.

P3150516.jpg

the 1-6 is replacing my Burris LRS (which is 1-4). I will simply reuse the old Burris P.E.P.R mount. Its actually worked out incredibly well for me and its taken some serious abuse through 3-gun and my carbine courses.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/arpepr.html

I'm sure there's better options, but I already own this and its been lapped, so its free.

Spoke with SWFA earlier this morning. Was told scope (1x6) should start shipping very shortly. Order # 183xxx

The reply was basically- 1-6X shipping first week Dec, and 5-20's trickling in. But that they would ship together at this point it sounds like. So good news to me, I don't mind waiting a few extra days with one, to have both at same time!!! Merry Xmas!

whom here placed your 5000 code order within 8 hours of the code activation?

I ordered within first hour after activation, order #4138xx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whom here placed your 5000 code order within 8 hours of the code activation?

I ordered within first hour after activation, order #4138xx</div></div>

DANG! You done got JACKED! I ordered right before the code went bye bye and my order number is #1931xx.... that means I'm over 20000 orders ahead of you!

Sorry!
wink.gif

My order number is #4151xx and I ordered about 24 hours after it activated.
Had to wait on a price match for a mount from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that means I'm over 20000 orders ahead of you!</div></div>

Or the much more likely conclusion: their orders are not sequential.

No way they took 20000 orders for these scopes and no way they even took 20000 total orders in that amount of time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that means I'm over 20000 orders ahead of you!</div></div>

Or the much more likely conclusion: their orders are not sequential.

No way they took 20000 orders for these scopes and no way they even took 20000 total orders in that amount of time</div></div>

Seems my sarcasm did not translate through this limited medium of communication.
frown.gif

My illuminated 5-20 is for sale if anyone who paid full price and waiting wants to cancel their order and save $200.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems my sarcasm did not translate through this limited medium of communication.
frown.gif
</div></div>

I should not have missed that... Cheers.

Been lurking here while. For what it's worth, I ordered my 1-6 in May on the $200 FB coupon deal. My order number is in the 191*** range. Haven't heard anything from SWFA. I'm going to be putting it on one of my LE6940's with Seekins mounts.
Sam

Anyone have any word yet as to when they start shipping? I canceled my order awhile ago but still really hope they were worth the wait to you guys. Still might pick one up if they ever come out.

^ 1st week of Dec they start to ship.
I hope they pour in & not trickle in.

Good luck everyone!!!

Anyone hear any new updates on these? I called at the beginning of the week for the first time in a while but they had not yet received any yet and said likely by Friday.

I just called them to ask where I am on list. Cody said they don't generate a shipping order list. The system knows by order but the warehouse guys ship out as the system tells them, which will be in the order of the order taken. Cody said, after I told him I ordered 40 minutes after coupon code went live, that I should be in the 1st 100 shipped.

I asked Cody if they are trickling or pouring in. He said they are coming in large bulk so I should get shipped mine right away when they start.

I asked if they got them in today yet. He said no but probably either today or Monday they will come.

So probably will see them december, maybe, possibly, well there's a chance
smile.gif

Good deal, lets hope they do in fact come in to them in the next few days so they can turn them around. Yeah I think I ordered mine within an hour or so of them getting the 5k as well. hopefully they will start shipping soon.

I got an email reply stating middle of December for shipping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoVandals</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got an email reply stating middle of December for shipping. </div></div>

I am waiting, but not holding my breath. Not too long ago it was the begining of December, now it's middle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chakup</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoVandals</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got an email reply stating middle of December for shipping. </div></div>

I am waiting, but not holding my breath. Not too long ago it was the begining of December, now it's middle </div></div>

Yeah well I guess I know what my Christmas present is.

I just got my SWFA SS 5-20X non illuminated a few days ago. Really impressed with the build quality & HD glass. Nice job SWFA - hard to beat this scope at this price. Looking forward to the SWFA 1-6x for my Rainier Arms RUC 16" !!

I ordered the combo deal and received the 5-20 when I ordered. I have all but gave up on the 1-6. I had it sold to a memeber here, but I'm sure he gave up as well.

I'd rather they get it right the 1st time , then put out a flop . I don't mind the wait for a quality scope & I'm sure SWFA wants it to be perfect for those that did order early.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mactrev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my SWFA SS 5-20X non illuminated a few days ago. Really impressed with the build quality & HD glass. Nice job SWFA - hard to beat this scope at this price. Looking forward to the SWFA 1-6x for my Rainier Arms RUC 16" !! </div></div>

Thanks for the update Mactrev. Any chance you could post your order date ? A buddy and myself are still waiting on 5-20's .

Depending on how you count we're now in the first week of December. Here's hoping that the prior mentioned ship date of first week of December is going to be met. I'm excited to finally get my hands on my SS 1-6.

Edit: Ugh, missed a few replies as browser was not refreshing. No surprise at all that the ETA is slipping again... Ugh. Perhaps they will arrive before Xmas...

I dont know how you guys are doing it, I guess if you have a build in progress or the scope is scheduled to arrive before your build is done. But the wait to me isnt worth the savings at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know how you guys are doing it, I guess if you have a build in progress or the scope is scheduled to arrive before your build is done. But the wait to me isnt worth the savings at all. </div></div>

It's not the savings I'm in it for, brother KillZone. I was ready to throw down the full price for what this scope should be. I still would pay full for it, honestly.

I'll take quality & price any day before speed & one of the other two, as far as a scope is concerned. HD glass, the illuminated reticle & how it works with the FFP, covered turrets with the added thread protectors & I expect they have been built high quality. All that for $1000 heck yeah I'm stoked & I'm getting one for $800. Put a big name on this one and it would sell for way more, hundreds if the glass really is good. But that reticle is bad ass!!

6 or 7 months wait I can handle, a year I don't know. But it's going on a year since Jon did that first review with the prototype, where I first became aware of it.

I think mine is now built and I'll have it soon. I must admit if it doesn't ship this week my BP might shoot up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Walter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone received a 1-6 yet? </div></div>

Was just wondering the same thing!I am doing both 1-6 and 5-20, ordered at the end of the promo, so will be happy if they come by Christmas.

Someone needs to call again. I just used up my last call on Friday.
When I talked to Cody he did say depending on UPS delivery they could be there at their facility last Friday or today (Monday 12/3).

Order # 190***

Ordered 5-20x and 1-6x within minutes of activation. I had never refreshed a browser so many times! Received 5-20x right away. Been waiting for 1-6x ever since. Finishing up a 6.8 build for it this month. But FWIW, I'm surely near the top of the list and will post the minute I get it in my hands.

I ordered when 5,000 likes were reached. Order #1882xx.

-s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J6.5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Order # 190***

Ordered 5-20x and 1-6x within minutes of activation. I had never refreshed a browser so many times! Received 5-20x right away. Been waiting for 1-6x ever since. Finishing up a 6.8 build for it this month. But FWIW, I'm surely near the top of the list and will post the minute I get it in my hands. </div></div>

Order #190XXX here as well. I've got an AR-10 carbine waiting for the 1-6X.

I can't wait for the 1-6. I have the new Colt 901 waiting for it. Shoots well with the 1-4 but would like that extra little bit that the 1-6 offers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bassfishindoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait for the 1-6. I have the new Colt 901 waiting for it. Shoots well with the 1-4 but would like that extra little bit that the 1-6 offers. </div></div>

I can't wait for it either! Mine will be going on my LWRC M6A2. Should be awesome. All good things are worth the wait!

So no one has actually gotten a 1-6 still. Great.

Called this morning. They were very nice on the phone and did not seem to mind my inquiry, but the scopes have not arrived and they do not know when they will arrive. He did say it could be any day, but nothing has arrived yet.

I have a hard time believing they wouldn't have the ability to track a shipment to them if they were actually in transit.

The "could be any day" line sounds like bs to me..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IATigerHawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a hard time believing they wouldn't have the ability to track a shipment to them if they were actually in transit.

The "could be any day" line sounds like bs to me.. </div></div>

Fully agree. Many of their claims, updates, replies have had this basic credibility problem.

Now that being said it does sound like there is a reasonable chance of shipments to customers before 2013.

I have been a big proponent for them this whole time. It's just that any misgivings I may have about the whole thing I know once ups arrives with my.... my Christmas present, all that will be forgotten. I'm not so uppity about it, really.

I do hope it does get here before Christmas. It will be the one cool thing that has happened for me this year, well 2nd cool thing. But 2012 after that completely sucked for me, a down time in my life. This wait is just a foot note.
I'm not worried about getting what will be one of the better class of 1-6 offerings out there for a incredibly low price.

You don't get value, quality and speed in a deal like this. Tried too but that's a tough a tough one.

Well they told me that the 5x20's would be shipping in about a month or so (at that time, maybe it was october when i asked?)

I was surprised about 6 weeks later with a tracking number and scope two days later

There was basically zero notice until the first few people received their tracking numbers

That is right, we are getting value and quality. Expecting speed on a new product is unrealistic. I am happy to wait.

SWFA does not have a credibility problem, this is a common occurence with new products.

s

^

They DO have a credibility problem as delivery estimates (however vague or firm or even pleading complete ignorance) have been made and passed.

Many wrongs do not make a right...