• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Re: SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Getting closer to 5K! Down the home stretch just about. My LT104 mount is ordered and on its way. Hopefully they ship soon too....

This thing is picking up steam. Lot's of time left to hit 10,000. At this pace, 5000 should be only a day or so away!

SWFA hasn't said exactly when they will ship. They just say this summer.

Yeah I called them too last week and dude won't say. Said he doesn't even know. So I am now assuming mid July at the earliest. I dunno if I can hold out that long because I need it with the quickness
frown.gif

It's a new scope. This is the firearms industry. Expect delays. Be happy if there aren't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wish it was for the illuminated though. </div></div>

+1

Whats the warranty on these scopes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sawman556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wish it was for the illuminated though. </div></div>

+1

Whats the warranty on these scopes? </div></div>

If it breaks, contact friendly folks as SWFA and they will get it fixed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingillini</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the 5-20x50 scopes in stock ? </div></div>

Me thinks so. U could order with coupon code and have it by end of week.

Man...I didn't even know this was going on.
Damn you SWFA! Just when I crawl out of the hole, you show up unannounced.

Think i am going to go for broke and go for 10k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingillini</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the 5-20x50 scopes in stock ?</div></div>

I was told on Thursday they have several in stock & ready to ship. Hopefully they still have some after activating the coupon code.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jangles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingillini</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the 5-20x50 scopes in stock ?</div></div>

I was told on Thursday they have several in stock & ready to ship. Hopefully they still have some after activating the coupon code. </div></div>

I ordered a 5-20x50 today and the UPS email alert says it will arrive at my house tomorrow!

Darin

I've been doing my best to spread the word as well with some of the deal sites.

I liked - I need that 1-6! Almost at 5k now... I'll repost on a couple of sites like northeast shooters, etc...

I need a 5-20x50, but I'm broke. sadface. Any takers on a SS3-9x42 for $1050...ha

500 in around 27 hours... I'd say we got 10,000 in the bag, as long as it keeps this pace. I'm gonna hold out for the big prize. We have a month until the 5x20 expires and we'll know by then if we're gonna hit 10,000 or not.

I would think it will slow down at sometime though...We will see. I am probably just going to grab the 1-6 but will follow it, to see if it gets close to the 10K hits. If so, maybe get the 5x20 and the1-6...Last count was at 4539

Noticed all the likes since Sunday. Much of the likes was due to another promotion being put on by Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide FB page running a contest that required you to like SWFA to enter (SWFA donated a gift certificate to the contest).

5000 seems very likely soon, but 10000 is a long way off. Keep getting the word out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garvey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jfjohn77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mooner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't do Facebook, never will, can I like you here????? </div></div>

This!! So I'm having my wife like it for me on hers. I'll have everyone I can do it for me <span style="color: #FF0000">since I'm the only one I know who doesn't have my life diary on the www.</span> </div></div>

You and me both! </div></div>

I'm in the same boat with y'all. </div></div>

Me three. No FB, never have probably never will. I suppose you can call me stubborn but I don't want to register with a dummy or not used email just for this purpose. All of the activity, genuine or not feeds the monster...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Me three. No FB, never have probably never will. I suppose you can call me stubborn but I don't want to register with a dummy or not used email just for this purpose. All of the activity, genuine or not feeds the monster... </div></div>

So, since all of the good pricing is related to FB activity, do you then consider it tainted as well? Are you going to buy the scopes at full price and not take part in this campaign to prove a point? That level of conviction in ones beliefs is impressive.

I signed up to facebook (again) just to like SWFA (again) then deleted the account, took less than 5 minutes, well worth the time for the amount of savings, I'd love to add another 5-20 to my collection and one of those 1-6 as well.
come on 10,000 likes.
thanx again SWFA for making great scopes and offering great deals on them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I signed up to facebook (again) just to like SWFA (again) then deleted the account, took less than 5 minutes, well worth the time for the amount of savings, I'd love to add another 5-20 to my collection and one of those 1-6 as well.
come on 10,000 likes.
thanx again SWFA for making great scopes and offering great deals on them</div></div>

Things like this go against the point of their marketing plan with this promotion. I'mm not so sure its a great idea advertising this method of 'like stuffing',especially on thier own thread!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CMH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swamp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Me three. No FB, never have probably never will. I suppose you can call me stubborn but I don't want to register with a dummy or not used email just for this purpose. All of the activity, genuine or not feeds the monster... </div></div>

So, since all of the good pricing is related to FB activity, do you then consider it tainted as well? Are you going to buy the scopes at full price and not take part in this campaign to prove a point? That level of conviction in ones beliefs is impressive. </div></div>

I consider the items somewhat separate. Sure they are linked. It's really just a game, though. Last time it was a group buy this time FB likes - whatever they want to do. I suppose if you want to call me a leech go ahead - the shoe probably fits. I'll continue to enjoy my complete detachment from FB and will enjoy the discount as well.

I corresponded with their Sales Manager who said only "early summer". From that I concluded June is a reasonable expectation. Like the other fellow said expect delays but be happy if the are a bit early.

The SS 5-20x50 that I ordered yesterday after the discount code was activated arrived this afternoon by UPS ground.

I took it out of the box and went outside my house and looked down the street a few hundred yards and my first impression was VERY positive. The glass is very clear. I like the reticle. This is my first FFP scope so this will be fun to play with. I am used to using NF 5.5-22x50 scopes and I don't believe I am giving up anything with this SS 5-20x50 but I am saving a considerable amount of money. I sold my last NF 5.5-20x50 last month so I can not directly compare it but I am very pleased with this scope!

My .02,
Darin

Simple solution, SWFA should implement a rule you didn't comply for the request for a FB like, you get no discount related thereto.

So what is actually being promoted here?

Facebook?

Or Discounted SS scopes?

The dealer is trying to sell scopes and it looks like a win-win deal no matter if you "Like" them or not. I dont do Facebook or any other social networking other than topical forums like this one. Maybe the dealer gets advertising revenue from Facebook, which is fine with me too. But I believe their overall objective is to sell scopes, not promote Facebook.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hotbrass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what is actually being promoted here?

Facebook?

Or Discounted SS scopes?</div></div>

Yes & No

Its the nature of Social Media Marketing. The 5000 'Likes' will absolutely generate extra business for them. The more Likes, the more exposure and exposure is the name of the game.

The only account I have is related to our business, and since we are in a HIGHLY anti-gun area, I will not be contributing personally to this event.

I am not aware of any business directly receiving money for Facebook site traffic. I could be wrong on that. Youtube on the other hand, absolutely. There are people who do Youtube videos for a living.

They'll hit their 5,000 likes, they may not sell 5,000 discounted scopes and the additional exposure will result in additional website traffic and sales. Quite frankly, its a brilliant method of doing a sale. Good customer service is hard to come by, and these folks are probably going to hook most people they deal with.

Waiting impatiently for 10k...

So 5-10K people visiting their FB page is not advertising? 21st century...social media is not going away.

BTW, I don't have a FB account either, but that doesn't prevent me, or anyone, from benefiting from the promotion.

If I order the 5-20 and 1-6 using the two respected coupons, AND then we reach 10k likes, will I get the difference returned to me?

I've been eyeing a couple different scopes, but the 10k deal is too good to pass up. I don't know whether to wait for it or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goosecatcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I order the 5-20 and 1-6 using the two respected coupons, AND then we reach 10k likes, will I get the difference returned to me?

I've been eyeing a couple different scopes, but the 10k deal is too good to pass up. I don't know whether to wait for it or not. </div></div>

Wait - you'll thank me when the coupon code goes live.

Where else can we post this to get more likes??

Only 300 to go for 5k! If you posted on any other forums please go back and bump your post back to the top. I did on the ones i posted. Maybe we can get a late surge and open the 5k code today....

How does this work? I liked the facebook post several times. Am I going to receive a coupon, or is the 5k mark going to qualify us for a group buy? I would love the 1-6 for $800.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CAP1974</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I going to receive a coupon...</div></div>

No. Coupon numbers are already posted by SWFA. When needed number of Likes is reached, the coupon is activated. Simply apply the coupon's number at the check out.

Just watch this thread for coupon activation. The needed numbers/advertisment are on the first page of this thread.

Just ordered the SS 5-20x50, thanks, SWFA!

what makes the 1-6x24 so good and why would you guys buy 2 scopes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I don't have a FB account either, but that doesn't prevent me, or anyone, from benefiting from the promotion.</div></div>
That is incorrect. If everyone felt that way, there would be zero "likes" and nobody would benefit from the promotion.

To extrapolate, if the difference between the final number of "likes" and 10,000 is less than the number of people who demand all of the benefits without any of the work, then it will in fact prevent you and everyone else from benefiting from the highest promotion.

Just under 4,900 last I checked