• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAC OPS / KMW Collaboration

I’ve got comms with Surgeon and a tracking number… but it would seem my FFL is fucking about. Supposedly sitting on it for more than a week. Gonna do a F2F this week to figure out WTF is going on. Working through some personal friction, I seemingly chose poorly when picking an FFL (despite having done business with them in the past).

I’ve got comms with Surgeon and a tracking number… but it would seem my FFL is fucking about. Supposedly sitting on it for more than a week. Gonna do a F2F this week to figure out WTF is going on. Working through some personal friction, I seemingly chose poorly when picking an FFL (despite having done business with them in the past).
ive gone through several over the years

i always ask for a tracking number from the shipper

FFL's will let it sit there until it turns to dust before they call you...makes me insane

I stopped by my FFL today. Turns out he has been hit with Covid. :(

Receiver was supposedly shipped last Monday and may be at PO so business partner is going to see about accessing his PO box tomorrow. Hopefully I get a call that it is in.

Who on earth you guys use to ship?? Shipped mine last Friday with ups center, told them “machine parts”, and received this..
97304E62-EC40-4553-BE45-F1A051B08E0A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: MOUNTIC
Told the same thing at UPS store. Can ship direct through UPS hub. I just went to FedEx.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Roger that, I’ll get it shipped out with usps as it’s closer than FedEx to me either today or tomorrow morning. Thankfully it didn’t get “lost” saying there was gun parts in there. Wonder how the hell they knew? They opening every package or scanning them to see? Maybe the ship to “Tactical Operations, INC.” made them become sus.

Reactions: Nik H
im almost sure that UPS doesnt allow the shipment of firearms anymore..people still do it but its a violation of policy

was there a firearms related work on the (other than tac ops) box surgeon rifles etc?

UPS will ship firearms parts. I recently shipped an action and barrel blank via UPS - and at a UPS store to boot. I declared the parts and was clear that it was nonfunctional and disassembled. A different UPS store near me won't even ship an R700 bolt.

The customer center/hub near me has signs up “no firearms/parts” and want you to follow their literature to the word: contract/account with pickup only.

I got in an argument with the guy at the UPS hub here about shipping firearms and parts. He denied shipping them. Funny thing I called and spoke with his boss. Boss said yes we still ship those items. I politely told him he needs to have a discussion with his employees.

I get shipping labels at home and drop them off at UPS hub with no issues now.

im almost sure that UPS doesnt allow the shipment of firearms anymore..people still do it but its a violation of policy

was there a firearms related work on the (other than tac ops) box surgeon rifles etc?
Negative. Nothing on the box. They must’ve either cut it open and looked inside or scanned it?? No idea how they would find out.

I think I’ll just never use ups again and go with usps or FedEx.

Waste of $50 lol, oh well. I’ll try and get it in the mail today after work Mike, if not, it’ll be in the mail tomorrow morning.

Negative. Nothing on the box. They must’ve either cut it open and looked inside or scanned it?? No idea how they would find out.

I think I’ll just never use ups again and go with usps or FedEx.

FYI, FedEx is not friendly to civilians shipping firearms. Similar to UPS. Use caution with FedEx

Reactions: TheOE800
I had the same issue with FedEx and UPS when I send my rifle back to Mike for a muzzle brake. They said they won’t ship firearms. I went to another FedEx facility and told them it’s a piece of art that was used in a John Wick as a prop and needs to get ship back. The guy was so excited he cut me a discount.

FYI, FedEx is not friendly to civilians shipping firearms. Similar to UPS. Use caution with FedEx
Their corporate policies mirror UPS.

Seems to be really dependent on your location and your local UPS and FedEx hubs.

Here in Tucson I couldn't get any of the hubs to ship a firearm, I just go through an FFL now. Such a pain in the ass, but these corporations and their employees don't even understand their own policies.

Tac Ops Only uses Fed Ex zero issues because they know us Ninja's 🥷 I won't use UPS POS SCUMMBAGS

Mike R.

Honestly they’re tech companies not just logistics companies. It would be fairly easy to cross reference parcel to/from addresses against the FFL database published by the ATF and flag packages not being sent between FFLs. I’ve wondered myself when they’ll get around to this because if I can think of it, they also have.

^^this. When I went to the UpS store, either the name (tactical operations) or the address was the flag. Red flag went up when they entered it into their database for shipping.

I had his number from previous conversations, I texted him and asked for it.

No, I'm waiting for a call back from Glenn at Surgeon to find out why my FFL hasn't received it. Did anyone who received theirs get any notification or tracking number beforehand?
No and I never got a call or text back from Glenn inquiring as to the status before it just showed up at my FFL unannounced with no paperwork to say it was mine. 😆

No, I'm waiting for a call back from Glenn at Surgeon to find out why my FFL hasn't received it. Did anyone who received theirs get any notification or tracking number beforehand?
Wait , you haven't received your 591 Surgeon are you serious?

Mike R

No and I never got a call or text back from Glenn inquiring as to the status before it just showed up at my FFL unannounced with no paperwork to say it was mine. 😆
I got mine. Mostly because I checked at the dealer a couple times and they know me.
Never got a shipping notice either.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
I texted Glenn and he provided tracking information. My dealer called me 15 minutes after it was delivered anyways

Wait , you haven't received your 591 Surgeon are you serious?

Mike R

Serious. It wouldn't bother me if I knew there were delays but being told it was being shipped and more than a reasonable time has passed it makes me worry. I've had items shipped to me that somehow got misrouted and ended up in Hawaii. That time I had a tracking number and had to get the local Post Master involved in order to track it down. This time, we don't even know who the parts were being shipped by so no place to go except the source. Not getting a response from them doesn't inspire confidence. Also, personal past experience taught me that there is nothing I can do to locate items, that has to be initiated by the sender.

Who hasn't received an action from Surgeon yet ? I'm missing a few...

Mike R.

• Wow
Reactions: TheOE800
which member was tracking how many were sold...lets do the same to limit confusion

add me to the list

Mike R.,

One of the ones you are missing is mine. I was in contact with Glenn on Monday, he now has my FFL's FFL and said he'll get it shipped ASAP. Hopefully it will be here in the next day or two and I live in a state that doesn't have a wait period and background checks are literally 5 minutes. I'll advise as soon as I have my fingers on it.

Last edited:
So, didn't hear from my FFL so e-mailed Glenn. He got back to me and let me know it arrived at 10 AM this morning. So, I'll stop by the shop tomorrow and pick it up and hopefully get it sent to Mike tomorrow.