• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAC OPS / KMW Collaboration

It’s mainly because when the guns went to the dealer people would pull them out to look at it and then dropped them on the glass case scratching the gun. It happened several times over the years and some arguments ensued over it. Mike does it differently now so that it’s only the un coated actions that are handled at/by the dealership.

It’s mainly because when the guns went to the dealer people would pull them out to look at it and then dropped them on the glass case scratching the gun. It happened several times over the years and some arguments ensued over it. Mike does it differently now so that it’s only the un coated actions that are handled at/by the dealership.
This is the kind of gun I’d find an independent concierge type fella to transfer.

Have mike wrap it in painters tape except for the serial number

Peel it off, if needed a little alcohol

That makes perfect sense...thank you

Does that mean when the rifle is ready, Mike can ship it direct to me?

I don't think they can legally do that. It still has to ship to an FFL.

As per federal law, you can send a firearm you own to the manufacturer or a licensed gunsmith for repair or work directly.
The manufacturer or licensed gunsmith can then return the firearm directly back to you.

Your state laws may vary.

As per federal law, you can send a firearm you own to the manufacturer or a licensed gunsmith for repair or work directly.
The manufacturer or licensed gunsmith can then return the firearm directly back to you.

Gotcha.

That's new to me. Guess I'm misinformed on that law.

Bingo.

State law can't supersede Federal law. The 10th amendment allows the states to legislate regulations if there is no corresponding regulation at the Federal level.

The only registered item on a bolt gun is the action. If you register that per 4473, you are allowed by Federal laws to ship it for repair or modification. As such, it is legal to return ship direct to the owner. In my state, you can transfer a long gun directly w/o an FFL. That is allowed via Federal rules. States can't change that

None of this applies to handguns

Last edited:
State law can't supersede Federal law. The 10th amendment allows the states to legislate regulations if there is no corresponding regulation at the Federal level.

The only registered item on a bolt gun is the action. If you register that per 4473, you are allowed by Federal laws to ship it for repair or modification. As such, it is legal to return ship direct to the owner. In my state, you can transfer a long gun directly w/o an FFL. That is allowed via Federal rules. States can't change that

In my state, if the firearm is replaced with a new serial during the course of repair, the state alleges you need go through a FFL.

States can absolutely change that unless there is something that prevents them from legislating a particular area (think immigration only being a federal issue) and as long as they don't pass a law that attempts to get rid of or repeal a federal law.

The 10th amendment only applies in certain instances (again, think immigration since it's a federal only deal). Firearms is not limited as a federal only legislation. This means as long as states don't "lessen" the strength of a law, they can absolutely make more stringent laws.

Your state could decide tomorrow that you cannot transfer any weapon in your state without an FFL. But it could not make a law saying that suppressors don't need a stamp (think Texas trying that). For example, NY requires long guns to be transferred through an FFL for personal purchases unless between immediate family members.

This is exactly why some states do not allow suppressors and why some states require ammunition to be sent to an FFL. If the 10th amendment was at play here, they would not be able to make those laws. Furthermore, the 10th amendment is mainly interpreted to have very little effect on states and more so to keep the .gov from forcing states to enforce laws (back to immigration as an example).

To clarify, not looking to get into an argument. Just don't want to see anyone not check their state laws and find themselves in a bind (though highly unlikely in this type of transaction with a bolt action).

States can absolutely change that unless there is something that prevents them from legislating a particular area (think immigration only being a federal issue) and as long as they don't pass a law that attempts to get rid of or repeal a federal law.

The 10th amendment only applies in certain instances (again, think immigration since it's a federal only deal). Firearms is not limited as a federal only legislation. This means as long as states don't "lessen" the strength of a law, they can absolutely make more stringent laws.

Your state could decide tomorrow that you cannot transfer any weapon in your state without an FFL. But it could not make a law saying that suppressors don't need a stamp (think Texas trying that). For example, NY requires long guns to be transferred through an FFL for personal purchases unless between immediate family members.

This is exactly why some states do not allow suppressors and why some states require ammunition to be sent to an FFL. If the 10th amendment was at play here, they would not be able to make those laws. Furthermore, the 10th amendment is mainly interpreted to have very little effect on states and more so to keep the .gov from forcing states to enforce laws (back to immigration as an example).
My original point had to do with the process being followed related to the action and Form 4473. Because the action is already registered via Form 4473, there is no further Federal requirement relative to the long gun itself.

I did say that the State can’t change the rules governing the transfer which was incorrect on my part. I do understand that the States can add additional restrictions for private party transfers.

Your NFA example is perfectly explainable and does not violate the 10th Amendment. The NFA is not considered a governing law stating that ownership of NFA items is allowable per Federal rules. It provided Federal regulations around the "taxation" of such weapon as a condition of ownership. There is a difference. As such, States were free to impose their own regulations. Same with ammo shipments. There is no Federal law prohibiting shipment of ammo. There are rules associated with it. The States are free to pass more stringent guidelines or regulations and not violate the 10th.

Last edited:
Reactions: GunGasm
I can vividly remember the shipper taking their sweet time delivering my Delta… and then trying to deliver during the one hour my wife had me running and errand. I had to hunt down the shipping center to get it. The good news is that a massive OD hard case is real easy to spot. “It’s that one… yes, I’m sure.”

Reactions: Charlie112
Nik H (LH)
prbulldogs (LH) Those 2 gone.

1: brinaf
2: GunGasm
3: Duc
4: Stormshodow
5: The OE800
6: stemikel
7: RayDBonz
8: B y r o n
9: HenryTheAce
10: Diablo
11: Mr_fullmetal
12: Sirhrmechanic
13: Sarcasmguy
14: DJL2
15: TangoSierra916

That's all of them

Nik H (LH)

Everyone listed above please PM me your full name , phone number and address. I'll be shipping out your Tac Ops Drag bag this week they will be large OD...

Mike R.

For anyone who is interested... this will be my third build (first with TacOps) where the action was sent to my FFL... transferred to me... and then I sent it out to have the gun built around it.

It's done all the time. It's a way to ensure that your gun comes back to you, direct, and noone finger fucks it at a dealership.... or drops it, etc.

It's nothing to worry about and it's a smart way to do customs. Once the gun is done, it goes from the builder to you. Period.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Nik H (LH)

Everyone listed above please PM me your full name , phone number and address. I'll be shipping out your Tac Ops Drag bag this week they will be large OD...

Mike R.
:oops: drag bags early?! Must be for the special collab rifles only lol

I want one too
1676341438695.png

LOL

I heard they are deprioritizing all left hand stuff so could be a while. 🤣🤣
They probably talked to AI and decided to follow suit...."you'll get it if we decide to make it available to you and we'll do it when we are ready and there is nothing you can do about it."

Trust me that I am used to waiting