• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

@tacops1 beautiful rifle man! I've said it too many times before, but anytime TacOps is mentioned, I gotta mention the following: Mike R is a great fucking dude. 100% class act, the whole way. A credit to our community, that's for damn certain.

Well Dreams came true today and I can’t thank Mike more .... words are at a loss on this thread 🧵....I’ll save most of them for him personally.... Mike’s a kind guy and made my sons day. My son got honor roll today he’s 8, so a Tacops shirt made his fuckin day twice.

Then when I told him the Tango 51 along with the S&B 3-21 EXOS BDC optic I got first was his first rifle to practice on and receive finally at 18 he really shit his pants. Lol he can barely hold this X-ray anyways so I’ll shoot this one. We will both have one.

A talented world class rifle builder. A world class guy too!!! That’s all that matters to me. I’m impressed with his customer service, friendship and rifle quality. At this point in life I would go no where else. I will again post pics when I build em up and shoot em. Here’s the pre build pic /pics

I wanna add the two rifles were built on consecutive serial numbers to be extra special

Thanks Mike! I am looking forward to the Ti can and more future talks

View attachment 7558949View attachment 7558951View attachment 7558952View attachment 7558953View attachment 7558954
Your Most welcome my Ninja anytime ;)

Thank you for the kind words...

Mike R.

Reactions: tacops1
I know...if you have to ask you can't afford it. What does the average TacOps rifle cost? I can't find this info anywhere.

I'm both elated and sad I found this thread as I know it's going to cost me money. Looks like talking about price is a "no no" topic so I'll skip it for now. I'd hate to bother Mike only to discover it's out of my price range though.
Anyone get a rifle equipped with a Surefire FH or MB or is that deemed sinful on these beauties? Thinking I could use my current 30 cal SF can and avoid the NFA penalty box again. Looks like an X-Ray 51 would be a nice first one. Any idea on the current timeline for these?

Thank you.

I'm both elated and sad I found this thread as I know it's going to cost me money. Looks like talking about price is a "no no" topic so I'll skip it for now. I'd hate to bother Mike only to discover it's out of my price range though.
Anyone get a rifle equipped with a Surefire FH or MB or is that deemed sinful on these beauties? Thinking I could use my current 30 cal SF can and avoid the NFA penalty box again. Looks like an X-Ray 51 would be a nice first one. Any idea on the current timeline for these?

Thank you.

Mike has his own thread pitch and makes his own muzzle brake that is better than anything out. Also his muzzle brake is really detailed

Sell the surefire or keep it for a gas gun and buy mikes titanium can for your mew rifle as it’s much better

Prob 6mo- 1 year tops right now but it could be longer thats for mike to answer

I guess it’s fair to say 6k ish and up X-rays cost more than tangos, best to contact him directly

Last edited:

Thank you.
This is why ya want his lol it’s bad ass oh and it really works too

CB501DDA-9E9E-4C1A-A6CD-FBFB16A50139.jpeg

Last edited:
As much as the surgeons are the cats meow..a tac ops is a r700 to me

That's why I went with an R700 for my build. I felt like I wasn't getting the whole TacOps experience if I didn't get an R700.

But now I want one with a Surgeon :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Distance570
What's the weight of your Delta 51 "Lightweight" and what's the barrel length?
Hello sir I would ask Mike R for more specs and get ahold of him he is a great guy to speak with he will give you exact weight down to ounces and the barrel length is 18.5 inches. It's a rocket and when the operator picks up this rifle it feels right. It's hard to put into words honestly. It feels like an unstoppable well oiled machine. Attention to detail is the best I've ever seen on a rifle a handgun or any other rig setup. I mounted a Schmidt and Bender Ultrashort on it because of future aspirations of a night vision setup. It's the perfect mix between a delta series and tango series. If your thinking about get a build from him purchase his Titanium Supressor as well. If your state allows that sir. You wont be disappointed. Surefire makes great products but if you want second to none you will want his Rifle Rig setup. I will be doing another future build with him for sure. When failure is not an option and lives are on the line his rifles will not fail. Tier one quality all the way. I dont know what your profession is sir but if you are military or law enforcement he will work with you on whatever you need!

Regards,

Tyler Miller

The XRay for folks that wanna know barrel length and or are awaiting rifles or want to order rifles is 22”

Completed..... I love love love this stick

New Tacops Tango 51 .308 18” with Birdsong Coated two tone ARC rings/Atlas Rail.... S&B Exos 3-21x50 34mm BDC optic, and Atlas Bipod with pod loc enjoy now she’s off to the range on my next free day
1615222818511.png

Holy shit, I need a cigarette........

Stay tuned for the X-ray to get rings and an optic in the near future .....may look at ZCO or Tangent Theta

In the mean time I’ll take the tango to the range and post some pics when I do

Reactions: kthomas
X-ray phase 2 of 3 complete .... atlas bipod added and atlas rail is fresh back from Birdsong getting coated today...... Phase 3 is to now select awesome glass and ring combo! We shall see what goes on this beauty.

Stay tuned for the Tango build next which will be completed

View attachment 7575818View attachment 7575817
Did you send off your rail and rings to Birdsong or did you get them from Mike? What height rings did you use? I have the same build (Xray 51) pending.

Thanks.

Steve

Did you send off your rail and rings to Birdsong or did you get them from Mike? What height rings did you use? I have the same build (Xray 51) pending.

Thanks.

Steve

I had the atlas rails done at birdsong mike was out but he assisted me as his customer service is the best.

My X-ray has no rings or Optic yet so I can’t tell ya depends on optic ... I’ll prob have 34/36 mm tube & 56 mm obj so high most likely

The Tango I posted with a 34mm tube but a 50mm objective were ARC Mediums

The tango has no adjustment in the stock so optic /ring height is critical

Remember the X-ray has adjustable cheek piece if ya ordered it that way and high will be fine as the worst case you raise the cheek piece a tad no big deal at all

Last edited:
Reactions: stemikel
I had the atlas rails done at birdsong mike was out but he assisted me as his customer service is the best.

My X-ray has no rings or Optic yet so I can’t tell ya depends on optic ... I’ll prob have 34/36 mm tube & 56 mm obj so high most likely

The Tango I posted with a 34mm tube but a 50mm objective were ARC Mediums

The tango has no adjustment in the stock so optic /ring height is critical

Remember the X-ray has adjustable cheek piece if ya ordered it that way and high will be fine as the worst case you raise the cheek piece a tad no big deal at all
Thanks for the advice. Which Atlas bipod did you select for the Tango?

Thanks for your response. I am going with the BT47-LW17. What rail are you using to mount the optic?

I prefer the pod loc vs the wheel on the one I chose check it out best of all worlds minus the pan feature which I don’t really need

There is no extra rail it’s built into the Surgeon Action

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
OK, got it. Believe it or not, although I have it on Blu-ray I've never seen American Psycho. After watching that clip I'll have to dig it out and watch it.

Keith
It’s great but things don’t go so well for Paul Allen.

OK, got it. Believe it or not, although I have it on Blu-ray I've never seen American Psycho. After watching that clip I'll have to dig it out and watch it.

Keith

You have to watch it.
It's a true classic and the source of so many good memes.