• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tactical/business casual pants

GhengisAhn175

Last known
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
Last known
Fellas,

Wondering if y'all had any input. Looking for alternative 5.11 pants for duty/off duty use. Here's the mission set:

1. Khaki or variation of tan colored pants.
2. Rugged for duty use :crawling, taking a knee.
3. Professional appearance (I know some brands like to add too much logo or design color that's a no go).
4. Pants are flexible and somewhat breathable but durability is priority.

5.11 pants are a bit expensive and I tried some cheaper ones but they didn't hold up. Wondering if anyone has a few other suggestions without paying out the butt.

I'm active duty mil so would like to know if said companies do pro deals .

I have a few Columbia pants that work but want to try variety. Maybe I'll find something better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas haven't heard of those; will definitely check out once I'm back from tdy.

Glad people are mentioning brands that aren't overstated like 5.11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear Wrangler rip stop cargos during the summer and cotton during the winter. Compared to 5.11, there isn't much of a difference in how well they hold up.

I like them both though but the Wranglers are much less $$$.

Yea the lifetime warranty on the Duluths are nice too. I am on my second free pair! Not to say they don't hold up but they do rip on barbed wire fence and sharp rebar..

One more vote for Vertx. Wear them at the office all the time.

Another vote for vertx. We wear them everyday for practice. I have had 2 pairs for the last 2 years and they still haven't given up.

5.11 makes a LOT of different pants out of different materials, I was surprised. Not all are in their catalog for some reason either. Some don't have all the pockets.

There was another brand, I forget, that I saw at either Quantico Tactical (they do offer mil/vet/le discounts) or at the PX. Like a cross between 5.11's and Dickie's without as many pockets? Dickies are another that may work. They make some nice looking, but tough tan slacks I used to wear as an alarm tech. Lots of different styles, pockets, etc.

Quantico is a good place to look for this stuff, they are constantly putting stuff on sale. If you have one close by, that's even better.

How are the regular Vertex pants vs the lightweight ones? Reason I ask is being out in the 90-100 degree heat.

Storm I went to the store today.. Was kinda disappointed with the vertx pants. They do fit
A size smaller (which was expected) but for me they had a baggy look. Not very form fitting or professional.

I tried it side by side with 5.11's and I ended up going with them because price wasn't too bad. Lucked out on a sale..

The 5.11's were nice and form fitting. They lacked the functionality of the vertx though as far as pocket depth, placements.

The vertx pants I tried were the phantom lights and the original. I bought the 5.11 strykers

Well that sucks. Look at true spec I find them to be more fitting than 5.11. But then I'm 6'2" 175 pounds wet lol. 5.11 makes me look like I have MC hammer pants on

I like the look and comfort of the regular Vertex pants. They don't scream tacticool but I was disappointed with the durability. My wallet wore a whole in the back pocket within 6 months. My regular jeans and 5.11 tac-lites last better than that. Otherwise I prefer them over the 5.11. They are also available through Promotive if you have an account.

Check out Marmont, Arc'teryx and even Columbia. They make some nice pants designed for various duties, I'm a fan of some of their climbing pants.