• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical rifle match 04-27-14 North County San Diego, CA.

Bigugly

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2013
AMARILLO, TX.
Tactical rifle match 04-27-14 North County San Diego, CA.

Any scoped bolt action or semi-auto rifle. Caliber from .223 up to and including .338.
Distances will vary from thirty to nine hundred eighty yards, paper and steel targets, varying shooting positions and locations. Sixty rounds maximum for the match.

There will be a short sight in period prior to the match and the range will be open for practice for NSCA/HP members and guest until about 4:00 after the match.

No pre-registration required, just show up before 8:00 am. Sight in period 8:45 am. Match starts promptly at 9:00am.

See our new web site for details:
NCSA HighPower | Long Range Precision & Tactical Shooting Range
http://www.ncsahighpower.com/guidelines.html

Also check this page for ammunition restrictions:
http://www.ncsahighpower.com/ammo.asp

Weather and soil conditions will determine what type of match will actually take place.

Was there last month for the long range match; I'll be there for this one. Fun time, challenging targets and a great bunch of guys who enjoy the challenge without being too wrapped up in who wins. It's all about shooting well, learning a few things and having a good time.

JMHO...

sorry guys just can't make it with my two monsters i'm watching all weekend (3 and 7). someone take some pics would love to see what you guys are doing. Now that i bookmarked the website will try to make the matches more frequently. Very cool to see em so close.

Here you go BigJoe. It was an interesting match, with ranges not really that far, but some pretty unorthodox shooting positions. It really forced the shooter to revisit basics (bone support etc.) and with the wind constantly fish tailing and dying/building, required some multi-tasking (sight picture to wind flags, and back again). All in all, a good time...even if us bolt guys were a little disadvantaged during the timed strings of fire, against the AR/LR guys. :) Match was still won by a guy running a bolt gun...

String of fire, on the back side of the 300yd line, out to the 600-700'ish line.

Setup and re-check zero before starting.

Last edited:
Cool I'll be at the next few, I have a gap10 and gap bolt in 6cm so I can go either way ;) nice that it's fairly close