• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical Rifles.net

Tactical Rifles.net

sooooooo you can just unscrew a TR.net rifle's barrel by hand? I read that right? your words not mine

I'm no mechanical engineer but a firearm that the barrel can be removed by hand is .....................not good

Pretty sure I sensed sarcasm in that post from Ljutic.

I never would have thought that one person holding the gun and another grabbing the barrel and turning it out with his hands would ever be a good thing, ever. That to me sounds really bad and to measure the tolerances the way you are showing seems kinda silly.

Mabey you could tell me where in PA you are and I would come to take a look at what you and your friend have and give it a try, then you can shoot mine and post on here what you think as I would be doing the same so everyone can read and see.

Post here if you agree.

The barrel on my friends tr.net rifle which he waited 2 years for was only torqued to approximately 5-10 ft lbs. The reason why it was loose was due to the threads being .025 undersize along with the thread engagement into the receiver being 2 threads short. Instead of the 11/16" engagement it only had 1/2" due to the rear of the tenon being undercut. Once you have a condition like this and you torque that barrel onto the receiver you just pulled the threads, you might think you preloaded the barrel torque to 100 ft lb, but all you did was stretched the threads. Now go shoot a few hundred rounds and your barrel will be loose. This all started last year when the friend finally received his new rifle and was getting failure to fire (light primer hits) around 1 per 3 rounds and the bolt was dragging in the raceway. I told him when he was finished to stop over at my house where I have a machine shop and I would look at it. Bolt problem was corrected and the light primer hits was due to a weak spring, and just for the hell of it I checked his chamber with a nogo gauge (308) and it closed with a slight drag which is nothing to get alarmed at. I told him to send it back to tr.net to get the light primer hit issue corrected since he paid $4,000 minus scope and rings. He contacted them and they issued a recall tag and the rifle was returned within 2 weeks with a new firing pin spring and a note that said the head space was perfect and whoever looked at the gun must be a hobbyist. After getting the rifle back my friend shot maybe 100+ more rounds and his accuracy was getting worse out of his Kreiger barreled rifle so I shot my loads out of the rifle and got about a 1.75 inch group. Again I told him when he was done to stop over my house where I checked head space again and the nogo closed with no resistance. Since my friend knows that I make my own receivers and do all the barreling, he asked me to do whatever was required to make it right. I set the receiver up to pull the barrel and almost hit myself in the balls with the action wrench handle when I pulled on it not knowing how loose the barrel was. The head space was growing due to threads being pulled, actually the barrel was only hand tight. I cut that ugly barrel tenon off and it is being retained as evidence of substandard work and recut a new tenon, rechambered, and reinstalled. The friend only lost a 1" of barrel, it cost him zero to have the rifle corrected, but it should have been corrected when the rifle was returned the 1st time. The rifle is now shooting 1/2" or less at 100 yards and he is very happy, the owner of tr.net did see the tenon with the micrometer showing .025 undersize tenon dia. and he contacted my friend immediately by emails and voice mails telling him that if anybody re machines the tenon that he would not guarantee the rifle anymore. My friend lost his trust in tr.net and all this could have been avoided if when they got the rifle back to re torque and they would have found the tenon was no good. I suspect whoever cut the original tenon and threads was inexperienced, but knew the thread percentage was not right. This can happen when you hire people who are not up to par.

The barrel on my friends tr.net rifle which he waited 2 years for was only torqued to approximately 5-10 ft lbs. The reason why it was loose was due to the threads being .025 undersize along with the thread engagement into the receiver being 2 threads short. Instead of the 11/16" engagement it only had 1/2" due to the rear of the tenon being undercut. Once you have a condition like this and you torque that barrel onto the receiver you just pulled the threads, you might think you preloaded the barrel torque to 100 ft lb, but all you did was stretched the threads. Now go shoot a few hundred rounds and your barrel will be loose. This all started last year when the friend finally received his new rifle and was getting failure to fire (light primer hits) around 1 per 3 rounds and the bolt was dragging in the raceway. I told him when he was finished to stop over at my house where I have a machine shop and I would look at it. Bolt problem was corrected and the light primer hits was due to a weak spring, and just for the hell of it I checked his chamber with a nogo gauge (308) and it closed with a slight drag which is nothing to get alarmed at. I told him to send it back to tr.net to get the light primer hit issue corrected since he paid $4,000 minus scope and rings. He contacted them and they issued a recall tag and the rifle was returned within 2 weeks with a new firing pin spring and a note that said the head space was perfect and whoever looked at the gun must be a hobbyist. After getting the rifle back my friend shot maybe 100+ more rounds and his accuracy was getting worse out of his Kreiger barreled rifle so I shot my loads out of the rifle and got about a 1.75 inch group. Again I told him when he was done to stop over my house where I checked head space again and the nogo closed with no resistance. Since my friend knows that I make my own receivers and do all the barreling, he asked me to do whatever was required to make it right. I set the receiver up to pull the barrel and almost hit myself in the balls with the action wrench handle when I pulled on it not knowing how loose the barrel was. The head space was growing due to threads being pulled, actually the barrel was only hand tight. I cut that ugly barrel tenon off and it is being retained as evidence of substandard work and recut a new tenon, rechambered, and reinstalled. The friend only lost a 1" of barrel, it cost him zero to have the rifle corrected, but it should have been corrected when the rifle was returned the 1st time. The rifle is now shooting 1/2" or less at 100 yards and he is very happy, the owner of tr.net did see the tenon with the micrometer showing .025 undersize tenon dia. and he contacted my friend immediately by emails and voice mails telling him that if anybody re machines the tenon that he would not guarantee the rifle anymore. My friend lost his trust in tr.net and all this could have been avoided if when they got the rifle back to re torque and they would have found the tenon was no good. I suspect whoever cut the original tenon and threads was inexperienced, but knew the thread percentage was not right. This can happen when you hire people who are not up to par.

thanks for sharing, but what do you know your a hobbyist, they said so

Eddie posted a video on YouTube as proof of his groups with a TR.net rifle @ 500 yards and covered it with a tactical quarter... in fact TR.Net lauded his efforts on their own page.

Would you consider his less than an inch group @ 500 yards a validation of the facts ? Or something more akin to fraud ?

I am apparently late to this thread, but Eddie never did get back to me with my offer to him to fly out to Utah with his TR.net rifle.

I guess I'll have the same thing for any of these guys shooting 1/8 inch groups at 500 yards; come to Utah, shoot a coarse of fire with your rifle, third party will evaluate/set the coarse. If you win, I'll pay all your expenses and send you home with my custom built M24A2. If you lose, we make a youtube video of me sawing your TR.net rifle in half and then FedExing it to Dave Rooney.

We should make a TR.net rifle challenge thread sticky.

Last edited:
Hand tight barrel ?
It must be the tactical take down model or the variable head space option to compensate for dirty ammo on the fly.

Tactical Rifles.net

thanks for sharing, but what do you know your a hobbyist, they said so
It looks to me as if they both talk much, but say very little.

The available information contained in that video could be summed-up in a sentence or two.

And then there's Yeager:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xg7lX7-HoTw

Presumably he knew the questions ahead of time, yet suddenly claims he is contractually bound to silence, then can't remember the names of the guys who got killed.

Gotta love the hand-wringing: Another indicator of deception.

Last edited:
I'll be in Dade City and Z-hills in a few weeks doing a class. I've access to long patches of dirt near Green Swamp, Croom and both Sumter/Hernando Co (pick one), we can test her out under real field condition's if you like. That way 6 locals (Fla. boys) who shot her, can add their voices to yours,... or otherwise

I'll be in Dade City and Z-hills in a few weeks doing a class. I've access to long patches of dirt near Green Swamp, Croom and both Sumter/Hernando Co (pick one), we can test her out under real field condition's if you like. That way 6 locals (Fla. boys) who shot her, can add their voices to yours,... or otherwise

Count me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You fuckers have been called out:

4Ve73tU.jpg

I am apparently late to this thread, but Eddie never did get back to me with my offer to him to fly out to Utah with his TR.net rifle.

I guess I'll have the same thing for any of these guys shooting 1/8 inch groups at 500 yards; come to Utah, shoot a coarse of fire with your rifle, third party will evaluate/set the coarse. If you win, I'll pay all your expenses and send you home with my custom built M24A2. If you lose, we make a youtube video of me sawing your TR.net rifle in half and then FedExing it to Dave Rooney.

We should make a TR.net rifle challenge thread sticky.

Now this is fuking funny.

I think we need a Sniper's Hide range day and invite this Rooney clown to impress us with his rifles and shooting ability…. (sarcasm) :p

Bring it to K&M and show us the accuracy.

+100

I was going to say, have Rooney and his merry band of goons pack their crap up and come show us all how it's done at a match.
You would also get to validate its harsh environment performance, to a degree. ;)

I have checked the bottom of my shoes, looked around the floor and the only place the smell of shit can be coming from
is this thread :):)

Sweet Jesus! These Tactical Rifles guys are genius. By doing it this way....I can save a couple hundred bucks on buying a barrel vice and wrench...not to mention all the time and effort tugging on it. I bet they can make any Chlamydia action of theirs a sweet switch barrel!! It must be how tight their tolerances are that holds the barrel in.

All you wanabe snipers only wish you could do the work that tr.net does. If Mark in Florida has someone hold his rifle while he grabs the barrel of the tr.net rifle he owns,
and turns it counterclockwise with a sudden jerk there's a chance the barrel then can be unscrewed. I tried this with one of their rifles they built for a friend of mine and it came right off. Once I got it off I could clearly see the craftsmanship they preform and the very close tolerances, and the micrometer reading of the major diameter of thread tenon is proof of it. They can hold tolerances well within 1 whole revolution of the micrometer barrel. If someone can enlarge this photo all you wannabes can see for yourself.

The available information contained in that video could be summed-up in a sentence or two.

And then there's Yeager:

Presumably he knew the questions ahead of time, yet suddenly claims he is contractually bound to silence, then can't remember the names of the guys who got killed.

"ya'll know my name, but you don't know the name of the fallen"

"so what are their names?"

"um um er... i'm not going to make it that easy for them, their names are out there..."

ARE.......YOU......EFFING......KIDDING ME????????

Makes a statement like that and HE DOESN'T KNOW THE NAMES?????????

He is a DB......

Last edited:

And then there's Yeager:

Looks like the state took his real gun and lets him carry a rubber gun.

State Suspends Handgun Carry Permit Of Tactical Response CEO

sooooooo you can just unscrew a TR.net rifle's barrel by hand? I read that right? your words not mine

I'm no mechanical engineer but a firearm that the barrel can be removed by hand is .....................not good

What? All of my rifle barrels can be removed by hand, is that bad? Or am I just such an uber ninja grand wizard of sniping badassery that was trained by James Yeager that I can break down the highest quality craftsmanship produced by tr.net with my pinky finger?

I would teabag James Yeager's resume and pedigree with his mom's balls... this ultimate douchebag would be lucky to find his ridiculous company branded under the following link: http://www.onesixthwarrior.com/

Just stop with "I've trained with SF"... really?

I does not matter whether the rifle shoots well or the OP is legit.

A trustworthy business:

- delivers high quality CONSISTENTLY
- owns its mistakes if/when something happens and goes out of the way to rectify these mistakes
- does not blame/sue others if/when these mistakes and/or the lack of remediation becomes public

Let everybody decide for themselves whether TR.net can be considered a trustworthy business based on their history in these categories.

Maybe the barrels are supposed to be Headspaces and timed like a 240B? 2 to 7 clicks and youre good...

And then there's Yeager:

Graham, I thought I'd been following this thing pretty closely so I'll apologize, But how is this Yeager guy connected to TR? Or are you just pointing out the similarities in the douchbaggery in both camps??
Good call on the hand wringing, by the way... The facial grooming and constant position shifting are great cues too. Its awesome to watch a person thats so full of shit that even their own body won't help them keep it a secret...

Graham, I thought I'd been following this thing pretty closely so I'll apologize, But how is this Yeager guy connected to TR? Or are you just pointing out the similarities in the douchbaggery in both camps??
Good call on the hand wringing, by the way... The facial grooming and constant position shifting are great cues too. Its awesome to watch a person thats so full of shit that even their own body won't help them keep it a secret...

There was a video posted up on YouTube a few weeks ago from Shot that had Yeager drooling all over Rooney's nuts.

Just to prove a point. I didn't know much about the "lawsuit". It took me 20 min and I know all I need to know. T.R. produced s sub par product and got butt hurt when a PAYING customer put it out there for the world see, after they knew about it and were not in a hurry to make it right. Hmmmm, seems like even a dumb ass like myself could keep from stepping on my dik.

Just sayin

If you put a do rag on his head and add some flag pants he has that "Rex" look.......

You fuckers have been called out:

4Ve73tU.jpg

Hey Rooney - I'll show up if you're holding my 100 yard target and let my shoot it with one of your super duper laser beam accurate rifles like this guy. This will resolve all questions regarding the build quality and accuracy of your products? It would be a clear testament of faith in your guns!

11lrngn.jpg

And then there's Yeager:

The video I saw of yaeger teaching students to shoot past other students on a hot range showed me all I ever need to see of that guy.

Last edited:

I thought you were being serious when you made your comment, my bad.

Facts. Pictures of groups? meeting up with ppl who are calling him a liar? I'm not siding with him. Just saying he cannot win.

[MENTION=63637]siscoe308[/MENTION], I am scratching my head at how this is a matter of win, or not win. As a TR customer I posted a little more detail about my rifle than the OP did. It was not exhaustive but I did make an effort to answer every question asked of me. The Hide has thousands of examples of this type of exchange. Scroll through any of the product threads and you can read such threads for as many days as you are willing. Some are negative, some are positive, almost all are folks just trying to get feedback and learn. It is almost standard practice to ask for more pics to clarify the topic at hand. Same goes for meeting up. There are many instances of members offering to meet up to try out rifles and other equipment. I took someone up on such an offer and it helped me decide on which night vision equipment to purchase. Imagine that, someone meeting up with someone they don't know to let them handle tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment in the middle of the night, while firing weapons. You will see in my own posts where I have offered to let guys check out my suppressors and rifles to help them make an informed decision. This is what we do to help each other in a sport that can be very expensive.

Just in case you, or anyone else reading this thread, is not familiar with a well worn pattern around here the way this typically goes down is someone who loves their TR rifle is unwilling to share it, unwilling to post detailed pics, unwilling meet up with members in the area, and ends their Hide history about 10 posts and 5 days after it began with calling the community a bunch of meanies. Most who are unhappy with their TR rifle are willing to meet up, post oodles of pics, answer questions, and suffer the public humiliation of having been duped by David Rooney for the sake of both correcting their rifle and informing the community. This is not anecdotal. This is my story here on the Hide and I am far from alone.

Is this community tough? You betcha. But what you will also see in all of those thousands of threads are some very generous people who offer expertise, their time, use of their equipment, and sometimes even open their pocket book to help out.

To the OP, welcome to the Hide.

Edit: To find some information on the lawsuit you might check out this thread, Forum->Sniper's Hide Forward Operating Base->Sniper's Hide Site Information->Tactical Rifles Lawsuit Defense Fund - Support Our Efforts. http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...suit-defense-fund-support-our-efforts-19.html

Last edited:
I can attest first hand to the generosity of this forum. From more than one member. Do they bust balls? Yes... but you know where people stand and they don't mince words. Just the way I like it.

I can attest first hand to the generosity of this forum. From more than one member. Do they bust balls? Yes... but you know where people stand and they don't mince words. Just the way I like it.

I have first hand experience with that generosity and that ball busting.
I have given away Remington 700 parts and bullets that I couldn't use.
I was donated a HS Precision stock by one member (!).
I've had it out with a few people on this site as well, but whether or not we agreed, at least they were all genuine.
I'm inclined to believe most if not all of the independent reports of TR's shoddy work and criminal business practices posted here, given my experience with the members here.

And a new member posting about how great their TR rifle shoots and how they are a satisfied repeat customer of TR falls under heavy scrutiny... there's just no way around it.

And then there's Yeager:

Graham, thank you for that post. I am not reminded why I no longer go into bars after sundown. Because I do not want to have to listen to the fantasy's of deluded losers. Who would have thought that the aforesaid losers would go to the trouble of filming themselves to broadcast evidence of their pathologies to everyone who has a computer connection.