• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical Rifles.net

Mark Florida

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2014
I am new to the forum and would first like to say hello to everyone. I would like to state my opinion about Tactical Rifles located here in Florida. I have read several things on this forum that were less than complimentary to the company. My experience has been completely different. I purchased my first rifle in 2004. It was a 308 built on a Remington 700 action with an Accuracy International chassis. My second rifle was purchased last year in 2013. It is a 6.5x47 Lapua built on a Remington 700 action and has a Manners stock. Both have Krieger barrels. The service I received and continue to receive from Tactical Rifles and David Rooney is nothing short of outstanding. I did have to wait a period of time for both custom rifles to be built but no more than I was told from the beginning. I thought that was normal for a "custom built rifle". The wait was more that worth it. I am trying to attach pictures of my targets today. I am not military trained. I am just an enthusiast who has hunted all of his life. I have had no formal training although I would true love to attend a long range shooting class. I shot twenty consecutive rounds, I did shot five rounds prior to warm up, so you can see that some of the groups are not bragging material but I wanted the test to be real. These are not staged groups that I shot all afternoon to produce. These are twenty consecutive shots. My twenty round average group, center to center, is .36 inches. My best group was .18 inches. I measured with my calipers to the outside edge and subtracted the diameter of the bullet to get the center to center measurement. I would emphasize that I would not consider my self an outstanding shot, but these rifles sure make me look good! If you are looking for an accurate bolt gun, you need to give Mr. Rooney a chance. If you don't you are cheating yourself.

Good Shooting!

I am having trouble downloading all of the pictures. I will try to do it on another posting.

Attachments

• IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 47
You do realize they are suing this site... and the 3 negative reviews on here were posted by their customers ?

We are very happy, you are happy, others are not, and in this country being able to express dis-satisfaction with a company's service should be a right all enjoy. It should be taken as a reason to provide exceptional customer support and instead they have chosen to sue the site to get the negative reviews their customers have posted removed.

this site is not the only place you will find negative comments, but we are glad you were able to post and were not "blocked"

I am new to the forum and would first like to say hello to everyone. I would like to state my opinion about Tactical Rifles located here in Florida. I have read several things on this forum that were less than complimentary to the company. My experience has been completely different. I purchased my first rifle in 2004. It was a 308 built on a Remington 700 action with an Accuracy International chassis. My second rifle was purchased last year in 2013. It is a 6.5x47 Lapua built on a Remington 700 action and has a Manners stock. Both have Krieger barrels. The service I received and continue to receive from Tactical Rifles and David Rooney is nothing short of outstanding. I did have to wait a period of time for both custom rifles to be built but no more than I was told from the beginning. I thought that was normal for a "custom built rifle". The wait was more that worth it. I am trying to attach pictures of my targets today. I am not military trained. I am just an enthusiast who has hunted all of his life. I have had no formal training although I would true love to attend a long range shooting class. I shot twenty consecutive rounds, I did shot five rounds prior to warm up, so you can see that some of the groups are not bragging material but I wanted the test to be real. These are not staged groups that I shot all afternoon to produce. These are twenty consecutive shots. My twenty round average group, center to center, is .36 inches. My best group was .18 inches. I measured with my calipers to the outside edge and subtracted the diameter of the bullet to get the center to center measurement. I would emphasize that I would not consider my self an outstanding shot, but these rifles sure make me look good! If you are looking for an accurate bolt gun, you need to give Mr. Rooney a chance. If you don't you are cheating yourself.

Good Shooting!

I am having trouble downloading all of the pictures. I will try to do it on another posting.

Nice group, I'd like to see some pics of the rifles fit and Finish too?...

I'm staying out of this one ,since i have never owned one of their rifles etc. But i must say as a first post this could get ugly quick.

I would say that as many guys may like to chime in negative against the post that you may keep it to urself due to could just be a move to geT the bashing started again , which would only help TR more in court probably.

Last edited:

Good Shooting!

You didn't have trouble downloading a random picture if some targets. FYI, with the currant lawsuit and similar threads being posted in the past, you are probably not going to be well received around here. If you are honestly a happy consumer and not a douche just trying to help TR's defense, then more power to you but TR's work is shoddy and inconsistent to say the least. Most people are just probably not going to believe you but good luck anyway.

Good Shooting!

$5.00 says Rooney and crew put him up to this to see if we dog pile him in the defense of Frank and this site. Due to the current lawsuit I would say TR.net is capable of about anything in order to try and get some sort of a "win". Let us all try and remain calm and mostly ignore this topic before we give those guys any ammunition.

Someone pass the popcorn, I'll bring the beers and marshmallows for this roast fest.

To the op. You will find that none of "us" will feel cheated by not having a tr.net rifle. There are to many good smiths producing exceptional quality built rifles to worry about tr.net. The damage they have caused by themselves is startling. But I'm glad your happy with your rifle and dealings with mr. Rooney. Just realize Rooney doesn't build rifles, he has other various smiths come and go under his house, so just maybe you were lucky to have a competent smith take care of yours. There have been numerous customers complain of their dealings with Rooney and he basically told them to pound sand. And then he wants to silence the voice of negative reviews.

I would love to see pics of your rifle. Maybe he stepped his game up and is starting to build better rifles compared to his past. But the wound will take time to heal before anybody is gonna say "i have to have a tr.net rifle."

I don't know anything about a law suit. I am just a happy customer. I will keep trying to post pictures. It says my file is full.

you should ask him about it ... and if you didn't know anything about it, you should have said,

"I didn't know there was a lawsuit"... that is how people who truly don't know respond.

Fill out your profile. a lot of us here in Florida get together and shoot. maybe you can join us and bring the rifle and have the opportunity to prove your point. PM me if you want to shoot.

Last edited:
Sorry guys the system is telling me I have exceeded my quota, but if you click on the one picture I did get to post it will enlarge and you can see for yourself.

Good Shooting!

Dejea'vu anyone???

Oh no, an Amendment to the suit, they will add: "blocking customer's photos"

not that we have file size limits, but I was purposefully blocking the ability to visually simulate the internet users proving my rifle is the best.

Tactical Rifles.net

To successfully amend a complaint one should first file a valid complaint.

Last edited:
To successfully amend a complaint one should first file a valid complaint.

If only it worked that way. Let's just hope the system does the right thing on this one and a counter complaint of slander can be promptly filed.

Posted via Tapatalk HD for iPad

Oh no, an Amendment to the suit, they will add: "blocking customer's photos"

not that we have file size limits, but I was purposefully blocking the ability to visually simulate the internet users proving my rifle is the best.

Frank, is the site even programmed to say " you've exceeded your quota" for anything?

There is no way some dude is going read the volumes of opinions on TR here and then pop in and make a stand with post #1 & #2. This just screams "hidden agenda"...

If not my offer to come shoot with us still stands. IF your TR rifle is a bugholer i'll gladly eat my words.

Tactical Rifles.net

The OP had 'read several things on this forum' about TR, yet he claims not to know anything about a lawsuit.

....Busted at post #1.?

You know there is a lot of negative here about them but don't know there's a lawsuit.... RIGHT...

If you're going to make a shill account and play dumb, at least be smart about it. You just make it obvious.

Tactical Rifles.net

One would think that if the lawsuit was well thought-out, and the shills intelligent, that there could be a chance that the rifles themselves are properly built.

Last edited:
Tactical Rifles.net

I know in real life the rule is never say anything to the cops but what if you have to.
You only have to say something to the cops if you are a cop and they have read you your Garrity rights.?

Last edited:
Aww shit, I thought just maybe that this was legimate thread. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a few days to see his future response. But it seems every time a shill comes along i lose a brain cell or two reading this crap. I don't have many left for fucks sake.

- I have read several things on this forum that were less than complimentary to the company.

-I don't know anything about a law suit. I am just a happy customer. I will keep trying to post pictures. It says my file is full.

maybe I could help using something along the lines of a team viewer.

Allow someone to connect to your computer remotely

Tell me this isn't multiple screen names.