• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical Rifles.net

Alright sports fans, the OP may be down for the shoot. He's been cordial and appears to be a family man; which I feel most here can respect. Scheduling will be key.

I'm still waiting on my optic, but I'm sure I can find a suitable solution. PM me if you'd like to be in attendance.

All you wanabe snipers only wish you could do the work that tr.net does. If Mark in Florida has someone hold his rifle while he grabs the barrel of the tr.net rifle he owns,
and turns it counterclockwise with a sudden jerk there's a chance the barrel then can be unscrewed. I tried this with one of their rifles they built for a friend of mine and it came right off. Once I got it off I could clearly see the craftsmanship they preform and the very close tolerances, and the micrometer reading of the major diameter of thread tenon is proof of it. They can hold tolerances well within 1 whole revolution of the micrometer barrel. If someone can enlarge this photo all you wannabes can see for yourself.

Gentlemen I work with machinery for a living and let me say that is awful threads. They looked canted, clearly signs of corrosion and the depth does not look consistent.

You fuckers have been called out:

4Ve73tU.jpg

Am I the only one not even remotely impressed with those groups given the hype?

When the FUCK will someone put a TR.net rifle up against any other rifle already and post some fucking pictures. People can opine about rifles and functioning, but for shit's sake, will someone with a TR.net rifle please, for GOD's sake PLEASE, take it to the range to see how it matches up with any other fucking rifle?!? I'll give someone my rifle if they outshoot me with a TR.net rifle. I'm in So Cal. Come get you some.

If they're that bad, my Marlin Model 60 is yours if you outshoot it with a tR.net rifle. PM me bitches. Otherwise, you TR.net wannabees can continue orally pleasuring each other all damn day. I'm tired of the TR.net internet promises. I'm tired of this shit.

Tactical Rifles.net

Having read the pleadings, 'wise' is not a word I would use to describe the originator of the lawsuit.

I'd be willing to have a video test using my TR rifle that is shown on the previous page. It has never been fired. I think it needs work but it has no warranty. I'm still waiting on David Rooney to send my scope. Hopefully it will arrive before fall I assume it's being built just for me.

I'd be willing to have a video test using my TR rifle that is shown on the previous page. It has never been fired. I think it needs work but it has no warranty. I'm still waiting on David Rooney to send my scope. Hopefully it will arrive before fall I assume it's being built just for me.

Good luck with that hope thing. I have been waiting 26 months for ammo that I paid for in total on 4-18-12. It's on back order. I told David to cancel the order and return my money. So far I am out $3700.00. He will not answer or return phone calls or emails. I have a meeting with my lawyer next Tuesday.

I would also look into filing a lawsuit Dkbush. Sounds to me like the more heat you put on Rooney the more trouble he will face. At some point his fraudulent charging of customers will go federal. The dollar amount is more then approaching the felony level. That's serious prison time if convicted.

I don't know the entire story about tactical rifles.net. But I met the owner at the Indy NRA show and he was very nice and knowledgable. He talked to me for 45 mins about their rifles and building one for me. He also gave me his cell phone number and said he would contact me the following week about a build. I don't quite have the money right now for a new rig but that is besides the point. He did contact me and followed up with options, pricing, pictures etc. even offered a payment program.

So I don't know the entire story and don't have any of their rifles. But they where very nice to me and went out of their way to try to help me.

That is all I got. Probably doesn't mean much but figured I would share my experience

I don't know the entire story about tactical rifles.net. But I met the owner at the Indy NRA show and he was very nice and knowledgable. He talked to me for 45 mins about their rifles and building one for me. He also gave me his cell phone number and said he would contact me the following week about a build. I don't quite have the money right now for a new rig but that is besides the point. He did contact me and followed up with options, pricing, pictures etc. even offered a payment program.

So I don't know the entire story and don't have any of their rifles. But they where very nice to me and went out of their way to try to help me.

That is all I got. Probably doesn't mean much but figured I would share my experience

RUN FAST holding wallet.

He is very nice until he gets your money. Then he will not return phone calls or emails. If you try too hard to contact him, he will accuse you of harassment and a possible lawsuit. Before you decide, be sure to look at the Florida Better Business web site. I have been burned for $3700.00.

G5guy

Now you know the entire story. You would be an absolute moron if you sent Rooney a plugged nickel.
The moment he gets your dough he'll turn his back on you.
I 'd rather have Red Jacket build me a rifle than Rooney.

Last edited:
Holy crap.. you guys are f'n vicious. All I am saying is that I bought two rifles. One built in or around 2004, a 308 and a 6.5x47 Lapua in 2013 and they both shoot better than I do! I would be happy for any of you to shoot either one........if you promise not to shoot me first! SHIT!

I'll take you up on it. I will be down that way shooting this November 2014. I enjoy shooting other rigs myself. Are you anywhere around:
1. Manatee Gun Club in Myakka City, FL. - 1000 yards
2. Cool Acres in Southern GA and - 1000 yards
3. Gainsville, FL. - I do not recall range name but they have about 800 yards to play with

You can shoot mine as well. I'll have my two customs rigs .223 and .338 LM along with my factory CZ 750 .308 as well.

PM me if you are serious and we can link up and get some shooting in.

You are a ratard.....(movie reference) :)

We can build you a rifle in one year instead of two, and we'll throw in a special Red Jacket silencer made out of a family size Coke bottle, like the one we make for the Tec 9 !

What's he doing to her back there?

Mark,

Glad your experience with Tactical Rifles.net was satisfactory. Out of curiosity how long did you have to wait for your rifles each time?

TR - Long Wait

Mark,

Glad your experience with Tactical Rifles.net was satisfactory. Out of curiosity how long did you have to wait for your rifles each time?

I ordered 8/12 and got the rifle may 2/14. he owes me over $2000 as I never got my scope but he won't answer my emails or calls. He just kept my money which is the same as stealing if I don't get my scope or money.

A lot of vendors cut him off from time to time for continually making late payments, so what happens is, they want cash up front from TR to buy anything.

You hear about companies more and more saying they have stopped supplying TR, which is probably why you are not getting these things.

The video is hosted on YouTube, it is embedded here, but you can search YouTube.

RE the mag sitting too high and thus striking the bolt and preventing it from feeding correctly, I distinctly remember in a video posted by a less than happy customer that the stock lacked pillars. This may be the case once more.

RE the mag sitting too high and thus striking the bolt and preventing it from feeding correctly, I distinctly remember in a video posted by a less than happy customer that the stock lacked pillars. This may be the case once more.
It looks to be the follower that the bolt is hitting against, not the magazine.

Sorry folk's the ''TR Bad out of the box'' youtube video tells the whole story about the company if you disagree you are in serious denial, then by all means go put your money down and have them do your build.

Last edited:
A lot of vendors cut him off from time to time for continually making late payments, so what happens is, they want cash up front from TR to buy anything.

You hear about companies more and more saying they have stopped supplying TR, which is probably why you are not getting these things.

The video is hosted on YouTube, it is embedded here, but you can search YouTube.

Rooney's TacticalRifles.net is a classic pyramid scheme!
New orders aren't filled because Rooney spends your money before acquiring the items, and he needs more new suckers to pay up before fulfilling old orders.
I predict he will file for bankruptcy before the year is out.
Serves him well.
Then he'll reappear somewhere else under another banner. We can't loose sight of this guy.

I have read most of this thread. There are too any PROVEN smiths on this site to deal with anyone with less than an impeccable record. Custer service and plain old courtesy goes a long way with me. I try not to harass/aggravate a smith, even when he has my barrel and action. If i do call, there is usually good reason. I do, however, appreciate the return of a call to clarify a build or confirm a delivery date if it is past the estimated time.

I have received phone calls from George Gardner, Terry Cross, Chad Dixon, Jarron "Toorer" Meredith and Ken Lin. Mark Gordon has replied to emails in a timely fashion. These guys, and most others here on the Hide, are topshelf business men and gentlemen. McMillan and Manners Stocks also set a high bar for customer service and just being nice to deal with.

The precision rifle business is competitive and there are too many great people to give my business to for me to deal with sketchy companies.

Flashy advertizing, gun rag articles that are little more than paid ads, and silver tongued salesmen have duped more than a few naively trusting customers over the years. How else did DarkOps sell so many Counter Sniper scopes? All in the same category to me.

I'll bet thousands of shooters here on the Hide alone have made purchases they regret prior to coming online here and learning the real scoop. I myself was frustrated to shit with a Para-USA TTR, the NRA "Gun of the Year", that wouldn't hold a 6moa group no matter what I fed it. Researching my problems with it brought me to the Hide, and I haven't looked back since. Still haven't fixed that piece of shit though, it's about to become a tomato stake.

they are part of the 12 "banned" guns raffle the NRA has in the latest issue of American Rifleman. Sort of ironic. I entered to win the Kimber but threw in the TR.net one too :) LOL WTF

I'll take you up on it. I will be down that way shooting this November 2014. I enjoy shooting other rigs myself. Are you anywhere around:
1. Manatee Gun Club in Myakka City, FL. - 1000 yards
2. Cool Acres in Southern GA and - 1000 yards
3. Gainsville, FL. - I do not recall range name but they have about 800 yards to play with

You can shoot mine as well. I'll have my two customs rigs .223 and .338 LM along with my factory CZ 750 .308 as well.

PM me if you are serious and we can link up and get some shooting in.

I'm curious, has there been a response, and if so when and where is this "Event" going to take place? I'm sure others would like to attend. Please keep us informed!!!!!

I'm curious, has there been a response, and if so when and where is this "Event" going to take place? I'm sure others would like to attend. Please keep us informed!!!!!

Negative. No response at all.

Offer still stands if Op is down. All arrangements have been finalized on my end so I shall be down those neck of the woods come November.

they are part of the 12 "banned" guns raffle the NRA has in the latest issue of American Rifleman. Sort of ironic. I entered to win the Kimber but threw in the TR.net one too :) LOL WTF
I was going to post that too. I guess the NRA didn't read this thread. I'm curious if USO knew their scope was going on that rifle.

I must have missed something in the posts above, but HOW did Tactical Rifles even end up on the American Rifleman's 12 Banned List? I can't remember seeing an ad from him in a while; at least not one that caught my eye to bother reading.

He gives to the NRA and crows about it often to anyone who will listen. I believe Chris Cox from the NRA has one of his rifles, so I am sure he just called in a favor cause life isn't going really well about now.

Ad wise, it was posted ArmsList sued him for an unpaid advertising bill, so money might be tight having to pay lawyers and all

When the FUCK will someone put a TR.net rifle up against any other rifle already and post some fucking pictures. People can opine about rifles and functioning, but for shit's sake, will someone with a TR.net rifle please, for GOD's sake PLEASE, take it to the range to see how it matches up with any other fucking rifle?!? I'll give someone my rifle if they outshoot me with a TR.net rifle. I'm in So Cal. Come get you some.

If they're that bad, my Marlin Model 60 is yours if you outshoot it with a tR.net rifle. PM me bitches. Otherwise, you TR.net wannabees can continue orally pleasuring each other all damn day. I'm tired of the TR.net internet promises. I'm tired of this shit.

There is one in San Diego, I can vouch for that, saw it at South Bay Rod & Gun a few weeks back. Wish I would've asked the man for his name and contact info, he legitimately seemed like he'd be willing to put it up against the rest with a good shooter. He was really nice, I think he just fell for the same speal all the others did. Gave the same "shoots better than me,in the right hands can do xyz moa." I'd have offered my services, but he was hitting the bolt handle with a hammer to disengage the lugs, so...
32507576.jpg

If you are not familiar with TR's legal squabbles with Armslist please go to the TR Lawsuit Thread. Another court doc was just posted. And please consider a donation to the cause.