• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tally rings compared to 'Tacticals'

Another_Scrapper

Bloody Knuckles
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2014
On top
My days of heavy rifles may be coming to an end. This year, I've a rifle I just rebarraled to a lighter contour and put in a hunter style stock with a smaller scope. I'm finding the NF rail and rings are looking a bit big and clumsy now. I see people using the Talley's. How do they compare as far as durability and dependability go? I'm not going to war, but gear gets banged around in the pickup, atv, and then I'm often hiking/scrambling over the rocks. NF has always been reliable year after year and I always thought Talley were kinda 'cheap.'

I'm curious about this too, I was planning on using Talley rings instead of going scope base on my Tikka hunting rifle, and would love to hear some experiences.

I think PSinclair uses them. I know G Gardner does. Thats a pretty strong endorsement of their quality I would say.

Talley extra low rings on my tikka 7mm08 have been solid. I just got the ultralight vx2 3-9x33 with CDS turret and I reset the parallax distance to 300 yds. I was a little skeptical but this scope and rings are the shiz for a long range lightweight setup. The vx2 glass is actually decent and I don't know of another 9 oz scope with exposed turret.

Last edited:
I've had a set of Talley's on a 30-06 Kimber Montana lightweight hunting rifle for over 5 years and they have never let me down. I would not hesitate recommending them.

Talley Rings rock for what they are. LITE ! The one piece style look sleek and awesome on my rifles. I love them.

Talley is my go to ring for hunting rifles, they have a really nice look, they are solid, not too heavy, great rings. I've used them on everything from 223 varmint rifles up to 375 h&h and the like. you can't go wrong with talley

Which Talleys is everyone referring to? The ones with the base built in, the tactical ones or the standard ones?

I'm personally referring to these specifically in my case

Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts Integral Rings Tikka Knight

I had a pair of these rings on a Weatherby 7mm and they worked just fine. I've since sold the rifle, but I don't think the scope ever lost its zero or came loose. Weatherby and Browning also puts their name on Talley rings, which is an endorsement of its own.

I also have the Talley steel rings on a couple .22's and a .308, they all work well.

I do prefer the steel to the aluminum though. Just my personal preference however.
30mm Fixed Ring (Low) - Talley Manufacturing
Tikka - Talley Manufacturing

Last edited: