• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tangent 5-25 or new Schmidt 6-36

Gil P.

Blank
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Which would you choose to shoot matches with? I know their 6-36 hasn't been released yet, so this is assuming the new 6-26 will have glass as good as their old 5-25.

I haven't attended a match in a couple years. Are no dial stages still a thing? The Schmidt 6-36 only comes with the GR2ID AND P5FL. For Tangent, I'm mostly interested in the G3XR Fine.

I'm leaning towards the Schmidt with P5FL. What do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105_100633_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_100633_Drive.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot_20230105_100742_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_100742_Drive.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 184
  • download.jpeg-1.jpg
    download.jpeg-1.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
I saw the 6-26 listed around 5k on Eurooptic. Is that listing incorrect?
No. It's probably right. But I handled one at shot show last year. Nice optic. Just not 5k nice ya know. I'd still take the tangent over the Schmidt any day of the week.

ZCO's don't have mushy turrets either. They're not as loud as the tangents, but they're not mushy by any stretch of the imagination. I've had 4 and they all were extremely great.

No. It's probably right. But I handled one at shot show last year. Nice optic. Just not 5k nice ya know. I'd still take the tangent over the Schmidt any day of the week.

ZCO's don't have mushy turrets either. They're not as loud as the tangents, but they're not mushy by any stretch of the imagination. I've had 4 and they all were extremely great.
That's interesting, I got my info from a review made by @Glassaholic https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...e-review-tt-zco-schmidt-march-vortex.7148097/

Maybe he got a bad sample?

Is Schmidt hiking prices in the US? I emailed optics trade eu regarding prices and availability. They said the new Schmidts are starting at 3879 (euros maybe?), and will be available in 5-6 months. But they can't ship to the US.

Can't help with the OP question, but I can say that neither of my ZCOs have mushy turrets. Yeah, my Tangent has better turrets, but the ZCO is on par or better than the Kahles I had. Better than the Mk5, Gen 2 Razors, and ATACRs that I've had.

Maybe @Glassaholic had a one-off (in which case ZCO would make it right), or maybe his description was a comparative statement to try and better explain a slight nuance between several high performance scopes.

@Krob95 , @Secant

It likely was just a bad sample then. Do either of you have the NLE turrets? Do they feel any different from the locking turrets? I saw a video comparing the two. The salesman said they felt the same, but the turrets sounded different on the video. The NLE seemed louder.

Which reticles are you using and at what mag are they usable where you can easily see the hash marks / circles on the main cross hair?

@Krob95 , @Secant

It likely was just a bad sample then. Do either of you have the NLE turrets? Do they feel any different from the locking turrets? I saw a video comparing the two. The salesman said they felt the same, but the turrets sounded different on the video. The NLE seemed louder.

Which reticles are you using and at what mag are they usable where you can easily see the hash marks / circles on the main cross hair?
The last one I had before I sold it for my tangent was the NLE variety. It was indeed louder than the locking version, but had the same solid feel. I have had all of their reticles except the mpct1.

It's been almost a year since I've had one so I couldn't tell you confidently the power at which you could easily make out the reticle. @CSTactical can help you there. I'm sure he has one within arms reach currently lol

The reason I left them out is because I've heard the ZCOs turrets are mushy. I don't want to spend 4k and have mushy turrets.

Sorry but that is incorrect… There is plenty of bad information out there. Feel free to call me direct at 916-628-3490. You can listen to my NLE over the phone ☎️

@Krob95 , @Secant

Neither of mine are NLE. I think I might ship out at least one to convert to NLE in the next couple of months.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
Current S&B's scopes don't compare to tangents or zco's. In the slightest. I've had 4 or 5 Schmidt's. They're great. But not the same bracket as a TT.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
You will get the 636 in q4 of 2024 with at least 3 more price increases between now and then....

Zco turrets are anything but mushy. I don't care for how they lock and unlock but the clicks are solid and audible. I am a turret snob.

That 636 glass would have to be better than TT by a good margin imo to make it worth more than a TT.

I got a few Schmidt's with newer turrets and although the turrets rock and imo overall are better than TT....TT so has the best tooless zero hands down.

Last edited:
The new US price for Schmidt is unconscionable, but I hadn’t heard Optic Trade wouldn’t be shipping here. If so, I can’t bear the cost from Euro so until they’re deeply discounted no Schmidt for me. Having played with DT II+ turrets and owning both ZCO and Tangent, the ZCO doesn’t really touch either. I had a recent ZCO I sent back that an entire turret assembly was replaced - that one came back with REALLY good turrets, but my 5-27x has been back to Idaho and the elevation turret in particular is still kinda meh.

ZCO has better/more turrets than Schmidt, but I like the GR2ID reticle on paper anyway.

Armament might announce their new Tangent scopes soon. There should be a high mag offering.

The new US price for Schmidt is unconscionable, but I hadn’t heard Optic Trade wouldn’t be shipping here. If so, I can’t bear the cost from Euro so until they’re deeply discounted no Schmidt for me. Having played with DT II+ turrets and owning both ZCO and Tangent, the ZCO doesn’t really touch either. I had a recent ZCO I sent back that an entire turret assembly was replaced - that one came back with REALLY good turrets, but my 5-27x has been back to Idaho and the elevation turret in particular is still kinda meh.

ZCO has better/more turrets than Schmidt, but I like the GR2ID reticle on paper anyway.

Armament might announce their new Tangent scopes soon. There should be a high mag offering.
Id like to hear from those that have the GR2ID reticle.
Is the grid usable at 15x?

Hope SB will have the msr2 reticles on their new 36x

Reactions: BCX
You will get the 636 in q4 of 2024 with at least 3 more price increases between now and then....

Zco turrets are anything but mushy. I don't care for how they lock and unlock but the clicks are solid and audible. I am a turret snob.

That 636 glass would have to be better than TT by a good margin imo to make it worth more than a TT.

I got a few Schmidt's with newer turrets and although the turrets rock and imo overall are better than TT....TT so has the best tooless zero hands down.
What makes your think the new Schmidts won't be out for another two years? If optics trade is expecting them in 5-6 months, shouldn't we expect the same time frame?

Is the TT that Freaking amazing? Euro has it at 6,100 dollars.. (the Tremor 3)
That's getting in S&B 5X45 HighPower pricing..

TT525P - Double Turn elevation adj., 0.1 mrad adj. resolution:Horus Tremor3 reticle$6,100

I feel poor with my Nightforce ATACR 7X35 :rolleyes:
I only ask, cause I was saving for a S&B highpower

Is the TT that Freaking amazing? Euro has it at 6,100 dollars.. (the Tremor 3)
That's getting in S&B 5X45 HighPower pricing..

TT525P - Double Turn elevation adj., 0.1 mrad adj. resolution:Horus Tremor3 reticle$6,100

I feel poor with my Nightforce ATACR 7X35 :rolleyes:
I only ask, cause I was saving for a S&B highpower

It's a well known fact TT can be had for much less from hide dealers.....

Euro is the only SB distributor in the us

This isn't a direct answer, but it is...in a round about way.
I sold my TT this past year...just as the Gen3XR Fine reticle was released and the FDE colorway dropped.

I currently have these in my inventory...
5-42x March HighMaster FML-TR1 (wish there were more refined reticles)
7-35x Nightforce ATACR MILXT (turrets could use more positive, audible clicks)
7-35x Leupold Mk5 H59 (not a fan of the windage dial indicator possition)
6-36x Vortex Razor Gen3 EBR-7D (hate vortex rose gold anodized color, not in love with the re-zero system)
6-36x Bushnell XRS3 EQL (best value IMO) (turret clicks could be better)

I WANT another TT bad, but I want to hold out to see if they choose to follow the industry and release something in the 35x range.
If they do, the price will be stupid, but I will probably buy one as the 5-25 Gen3XR was hands down the best scope I've ever even touched.

I would like to get my hands on a S&B one day, but to thisnday...I just haven't ever pulled the trigger.

That's interesting, I got my info from a review made by @Glassaholic https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...e-review-tt-zco-schmidt-march-vortex.7148097/

Maybe he got a bad sample?
Mushy is relative in this case, when comparing to TT and Schmidt DT II+ and March the ZCO felt mushy, but compared to just about every other turret out it is not. Maybe "mushy" was the wrong term, the Vortex G3 turrets were mushy for sure, but Vortex's latest fix fixes that issue for the most part. ZCO clicks are nice, just not the same distinct level as some of the others, I have no issue with ZCO clicks, in fact, some would prefer them - they are unique.

I have updated my review because it is unfair to call them mushy, in fact, I had to go back and read it again cause I thought "I didn't call ZCO turrets mushy did I?" and sure enough there it was. Keep in mind turret feel is very subjective, some people prefer the feel of ZCO over TT so you really need to try them.

Last edited:
Mushy is relative in this case, when comparing to TT and Schmidt DT II+ and March the ZCO felt mushy, but compared to just about every other turret out it is not. Maybe "mushy" was the wrong term, the Vortex G3 turrets were mushy for sure, but Vortex's latest fix fixes that issue for the most part. ZCO clicks are nice, just not the same distinct level as some of the others, I have no issue with ZCO clicks, in fact, some would prefer them - they are unique.

I agree zco has a unique feel... They are very distinct but the hard click is slightly smoother and less snappy? Vs a dtii or TT turret

Also, TT is coming out with a 7-35x56 scope at SHOT later this month, not sure when stock will hit store shelves but shouldn't be too long, contact @MOUNTIC if you're interested. This is the first net new design from TT since they took over from Premier back in 2014 so I have high expectations it will be a phenomenal design. It is my desire to get a TT735P, ZCO 840, Schmidt 6-36 and the NF ATACR 7-35 for a review later this year, but a lot depends on availability of the Schmidt which as mentioned above can be very sketchy.

I agree zco has a unique feel... They are very distinct but the hard click is slightly smoother and less snappy? Vs a dtii or TT turret
Right, I am ashamed I did not catch that in one of the 738 passes (sarcasm intended but as an ADHD perfectionist I go through my reviews way more than I ought) through all my notes before I posted. OP, do not let my brief lapse of judgement with regard to the ZCO turrets dissuade you from checking them out, I wish someone would have pointed that out earlier so I could have adjusted sooner. You'll notice that at the end of the review I mention if I could have only one of the scopes it would be the ZCO, they just do so much right, they may not be the absolute best in every category but they are so good in so many categories they are hard to pass up.

Also, TT is coming out with a 7-35x56 scope at SHOT later this month, not sure when stock will hit store shelves but shouldn't be too long, contact @MOUNTIC if you're interested. This is the first net new design from TT since they took over from Premier back in 2014 so I have high expectations it will be a phenomenal design. It is my desire to get a TT735P, ZCO 840, Schmidt 6-36 and the NF ATACR 7-35 for a review later this year, but a lot depends on availability of the Schmidt which as mentioned above can be very sketchy.
That's very interesting. I wonder if TT will make any other changes to the scope besides mag range and optics.

I've never been to SHOT, and I live in Las Vegas and I used the be LE lol. Is there any other way to get in?

That's very interesting. I wonder if TT will make any other changes to the scope besides mag range and optics.

I've never been to SHOT, and I live in Las Vegas and I used the be LE lol. Is there any other way to get in?

Don't forget your tan 511 pants .....

• Haha
Reactions: Glassaholic

It’s going to be a 36mm tube like ZCO, same turrets as far as I know - toolless awesomeness, but nothing set in stone. Not sure if they’ll introduce a new reticle or not.

Regarding SHOT - You have to have connections to the sporting industry to get in, I was going to go off the invitation of one of the mfr’s but timing just didn’t work out, hopefully next year.

To be honest, S&B PMII 5-25×56 MTC2/LT does not compare to TT or ZCO any longer.
TT is the absolute King in just about every aspect.
ZCO is close.
At the current price difference, ZCO is a smart buy.

And yes, I own/owned all of them. With LOTS of rounds behind them.

To be honest, S&B PMII 5-25×56 MTC2/LT does not compare to TT or ZCO any longer.
TT is the absolute King in just about every aspect.
ZCO is close.
At the current price difference, ZCO is a smart buy.

And yes, I own/owned all of them. With LOTS of rounds behind them.
TT is definitely King. You can also get deals on TT but none on ZCO which is pretty crappy. Plus TT already comes with flip caps and a flash kill

Reactions: LakuNoc
Haven't called on one but I'm assuming the street price of a TT is still a good bit higher than the MSRP of a ZCO

Last edited:
too expensive for me I am too partial to eating for the week . like my 5x50 in or around the 1,400 area best of luck with which ever one you get .