• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC BIPOD

I ordered Tuesday with TBAC, and they sent a link to pay for the pre-order.

Got my order in for one and received an email a day later. Paid, and now I'll be anxious to get it in my hands. Thanks TB. Less then a day from email to having the order back to me even though your almost all at shot. Make sure you guys buy a beer or two for the folks who missed shot and still cranking out orders.

When did you email them? I emailed as soon as I saw this thread, which was 3 days ago. Haven't heard anything but I know they are busy as shit. I just want to get in as early as I can.

When did you email them? I emailed as soon as I saw this thread, which was 3 days ago. Haven't heard anything but I know they are busy as shit. I just want to get in as early as I can.

Yesterday. Sent all my contact info in, name address, cell phone, email. Less then 24 hours later I had a email with invoice.

Got an email shortly after and it’s paid for. Now the wait.

That works.

Just to clarify something there has been a few questions about, we don't need payment at this time, however you are free to pay now either directly or online via the invoice link if you like. Otherwise we will get or need payment before we ship

Now that we paid for them we just now need to forget them and don’t look at the mailbox every time we turn around.

That works.

Just to clarify something there has been a few questions about, we don't need payment at this time, however you are free to pay now either directly or online via the invoice link if you like. Otherwise we will get or need payment before we ship

Got the invoice and went ahead and paid up. I appreciate your help and look forward to getting it.

I have an Atlas Cal gen2 that feels pretty damn perfect to me, what does this improve on over it?

It was only $219 (nc model) so it's one of the sub $300 trash bipods I'm assuming.

If the CAL feels perfect to you, I wouldn't worry about it. Matter of fact it was gonna be my next bipod until I saw this. I personally like that the legs deploy without much effort and the notched legs that can be adjusted very easy when prone.

This TBAC bipod looks like about the perfect blend of a Harris/Atlas to me.

Reactions: cro789
I cant believe some of you got your feelings hurt over the price comment earlier. If you just bought an Atlas, you’ll be fine.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
I did shoot it in an Fclass match. Placed second, a couple of times in Fopen. Against guys using machine rests, free recoil, 45x scopes, and rifles maxed out in their weight class.

I'm not saying the TBAC isn't the best bipod out there(no idea about that), I'm just saying lets keep the enthusiasm realistic and avoid hyperbole that gets to the point we are saying you can't do well with anything else. It's a nice, adjustable, full featured bipod that addressed current issues with Harris and Atlas. Cool.

Sounds like you play in a small pond locally, you just adapted too it. If you are coming in the Top 3 of an F/TR match with it, competition is light at your match.

I spoke with a company at Shot Show, the Harris is made on the exact same equipment in the exact same way. It has not changed. They were trying to work to make aftermarket solutions for them, at the booth I pointed out the bipod was out of square, and it was. Hence the 1965 comment.

There is a reason people gravitate to better stuff, it’s 2019, vs 1965, hell Mr Harris is not even alive. Which is why it hasn’t changed.

Is it fair to say that this is a similar but simpler bipod than the CKYE? That’s not to say worse, but it looks like this has similar features but a little adjustability than the CKYE. Is that accurate?

I’m just trying to get a feel for the differences between this and the CKYE as I’ve handled the CKYE, but not the TB. This post is not in any way intended to be a thread stomp, so if it comes off that way I’ll gladly delete it and start a new thread. Just thought I might get good feedback here.

Perhaps a long shot but will the RRS ARCA-Harris adapter (SKU: HC PRO) work with this bipod?

Is it fair to say that this is a similar but simpler bipod than the CKYE? That’s not to say worse, but it looks like this has similar features but a little adjustability than the CKYE. Is that accurate?
Hi,

It is totally fair to say our bipod has less adjustability than the Ckye. We designed ours to be a totally solid, non-fiddly, field bipod and we omitted features that we thought were superfluous to how "we" used bipods or would compromise the reliability, functionality, or longevity of the bipod in our view.

If you look at the Ckye videos vs ours, you can see the manual of arms and how it functions is different. For me, legs with just the right amount of spring tension and the adjuster button on the leg-top (the non moving portion), permitting one-handed leg adjustments while maintaining a firing grip on the rifle from prone, are key features for field efficiency, as well as the ability to deploy the bipod without messing with buttons. We also did not want additional "adjustability" or extra features to get in the way of the fundamental 99% use case of the bipod, which is for example why you can deploy the legs without pressing any button and they don't stop at 45*-- you have to come back to 45* if you want to use that. Our bipod is 38% lighter than the Ckye; we use stainless steel in all the critical bits, and titanium inner legs, and ours is made in the USA. But fundamentally they are bipods that connect to the front of a rifle, so there will be some similarities. I don't think quibbling about details is really relevant. We designed this bipod from the ground up to be the bipod that Ray, Shane, and I wanted, and if our analysis of how bipods work well matches with yours, this is the bipod for you. I'd recommend borrowing one from someone to try out for a day.

Not sure what the meaning on the warranty comment. Our bipods have the same warranty that our suppressors do (ie, not limited to 1 year).

Not sure what the meaning on the warranty comment. Our bipods have the same warranty that our suppressors do (ie, not limited to 1 year).

My comment wasn't directed at TBAC.. the Ckye has (or had prior to MTD acquisition) a 1 year warranty. Not exactly ideal for a $500 bipod.

I fully expected TBAC to stand behind theirs similarly to how they have any of their other products.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure he was saying that the TBAC bipod is the "safer" purchase due to your warranty over the limited warranty on the Ckye.

Reactions: B-P-UU
Hi,

It is totally fair to say our bipod has less adjustability than the Ckye. We designed ours to be a totally solid, non-fiddly, field bipod and we omitted features that we thought were superfluous to how "we" used bipods or would compromise the reliability, functionality, or longevity of the bipod in our view.

If you look at the Ckye videos vs ours, you can see the manual of arms and how it functions is different. For me, legs with just the right amount of spring tension and the adjuster button on the leg-top (the non moving portion), permitting one-handed leg adjustments while maintaining a firing grip on the rifle from prone, are key features for field efficiency, as well as the ability to deploy the bipod without messing with buttons. We also did not want additional "adjustability" or extra features to get in the way of the fundamental 99% use case of the bipod, which is for example why you can deploy the legs without pressing any button and they don't stop at 45*-- you have to come back to 45* if you want to use that. Our bipod is 38% lighter than the Ckye; we use stainless steel in all the critical bits, and titanium inner legs, and ours is made in the USA. But fundamentally they are bipods that connect to the front of a rifle, so there will be some similarities. I don't think quibbling about details is really relevant. We designed this bipod from the ground up to be the bipod that Ray, Shane, and I wanted, and if our analysis of how bipods work well matches with yours, this is the bipod for you. I'd recommend borrowing one from someone to try out for a day.

The problem with borrowing one is that nobody has one yet. ?

I will likely just order one and give it a try.

What you can't love more than one product in the same space... it's called options.

Budget Buckets, most of the products have a different budget bucket you can drop them into, for guys who worry about the price the CAL is a bit cheaper than the TBAC, so I can easily talk about both without it being a direct contradiction.

I have a VW Toureg, the Audi and Porsche are made on the same line, different price buckets, different trim features. All 3 will get you from point A to point B.

Thanks I ordered and paid for it TBAC but I didn’t know if I needed to order the other one too. I have had the Harris plan and modified. Also versas and others. It was more money than I really wanted to spend but I needed a damn good bipod. So I took your recommendation and got the TBAC.

About to place an order for one of these and just wondering if cerakoting would void the warranty like the Atlas?

Is the height more like a 6-9 or 9-13 Harris?

Will .50 recoil on concrete or gravel wear the rubber off the feet?

I've been very happy with my Atlas bipods, but I'm excited to try the new TBAC.

I have used the TBAC bipod on and off for about a year and a half. I can honestly say it is incredibly robust! I still love my Atlas bipods as well as my Harris BRMS's with QD mounts, simply put the TBAC does not dissapoint. The crew at TBAC created a marvel using materials and coatings unseen in a bipod before. The price may seem steep to some but once you hold it in your hand you will understand.