• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC ultra 7 cleaning

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
I spoke to Natalie at Thunder beast. My ultra 30 is + 1.2 oz of carbon from factory weight of 9.7 oz

Im Using equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and white distilled vinegar. I'm going to let it sit for 12 hours. Then dump it out.

Anyone have any experience with this process?

Should I rinse with anything? Should I call TBAC back and ask?

Thanks in advance.

Jack

H peroxide & vinegar mix is a lead solvent. That's mostly not what collects in a CF suppressor. The other suggestions are better.

Use CLR. I just finished cleaning mine with a 3 day soak of CLR, changing out CLR each day. RInse with water. Beginning weight- 11.1oz, 9.7 oz after cleaning.

No. This is the second cleaning. I plug the end cap with a foam ear plug, stand it up inside an old Lays Stax chip can, and fill the can with CLR. I try to keep the CLR off the outside. But so far I haven’t noticed the cerakote being affected.

I rinsed out the vinegar and peroxide, some carbon came out. I then set it up to clean with CLR. I let it sit overnight. A huge amount of carbon came out. CLR definitely! Thanks for your suggestions.

Reactions: ComicalGrub503