• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Team USA F-T/R & Combined USA F-Class Europe Tour

scaxeman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Oregon
www.usftrclass.com
Hey All,

Due to a lot of demand for info about the upcoming Ireland and Scotland Tour next month, the following sources of info have been set up.

Firstly, the F-T/R Team website has been revamped to give lots of new info, and will include a blog that will be getting at least daily updates, following the Team's exploits. Find them at www.usftrclass.com

Also, a new Facebook page has been set up, giving similar info: www.facebook.com/us.rifle.team

In short though, the US is sending 24 top ranked F-Class Team members (evenly split between F-Open and F-T/R) to Ireland for the new Creedmoor Cup and related matches from 19 June to 26 June. This will be a high profile match, and the Irish are pulling out all the stops to make it a World Class event. The Match will begin with Opening Ceremonies and a re-enactment of the 1875 match, on the beach at Dollymount, then an official greeting/reception with the Lord Mayor of Dublin, and other dignitaries, said to include Ireland's Minister for Sport, and the US Ambassador. This reception will take place at Dublin City Hall and Dublin Castle.

After several practice days, the two day NRA-Ireland F-Class Individual Championships will commence. The Combined USA F-Class Team will separate into their respective squads to shoot the USA vs. Europe matches. The Team will be back together for the main event. On Saturday and Sunday, the two day Creedmoor Cup Matches will be held.

All of these matches will be shot on the brand new 1200 yard range in Tullamore. They carved out this range beside the existing 600 yard facility, and should be an outstanding venue. Kudos go to the Irish for all their hard work on the new range.

The US Team Roster for the trip:

Darrell Buell – Captain
Bryan Otey – Vice-Captain
Nancy Tompkins – Coach
Michelle Gallagher – Coach
Robert Mead – Coach
Rick Hunt – Coach
Kathy Buell – Adjutant
Larry Bartholome
Robert Bock
John Brewer
Dale Carpenter
John Chilton
Erik Cortina
Warren Dean
Rick Jensen
Monte Milanuk
Jim Murphy
Don Nagel
Stanley Pate
Tony Robertson
Jeff Rorer
Sierra Scott
Larry Taite
Kathy Milanuk – Alternate

After the festivities in Ireland are through, around a third of the US Team will be going on to Scotland to shoot some USA vs. Scotland Challenge matches. The matches will include the Scotland Long-Range Championships, and a Team Match. The Team Match will be held (not entirely accidentally) on the 4th of July!

Only two and a half weeks to go!

Good shooting,

Darrell Buell
Captain, Team USA

Re: Team USA F-T/R & Combined USA F-Class Europe Tour

Good luck to you all, watch those wind flags and bring back lots of gold medals and world records.

Cheers.

PS: make sure Stan get a new ejector and barrel on his savage before going

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good luck to you all, watch those wind flags and bring back lots of gold medals and world records.

Cheers.

PS: make sure Stan get a new ejector and barrel on his savage before going
</div></div>

No worries! Stan won't be running that rifle in Ireland and Scotland, he's got that one safely packed away in the safe till it's time to go
laugh.gif

excellent, does it mean he has more than one of those savage F T/R??

Several (different models, i.e. 12 Palma, 12 F-Class, etc.). If you noticed, what he was shooting this weekend was a Palma action/stock + FTR barrel.

Never made it to Douglas Ridge this weekend, really wanted to. As for Ireland, well growing up there I do remember the rain, it used to come sideways all the time because of the wind. Have fun there, have a glass of Powers for me!! and shoot straight.

It is okay this time Martin, don't do it again. It was a good match with lots of changing winds, I learned a lot being surrounded by much better shooters willing to help with a few advices.
next time bud.

Matt: Mike couldn't make this trip, but he's still my Vice-Captain for the next World Championship cycle!

Irish F-Class National Champion (F-T/R):

Darrell Buell (USA) - 415-24v
Adrian Casey (ROI) - 406-19v
Jeff Rorer (USA) - 405-21v
John Chilton (USA) - 403-19v
Monte Milanuk (USA) - 400-27v
Stephen Doyle (ROI) - 400-16v
David Comerford (ROI) - 396-21v
Michelle Gallagher (USA) - 395-17v
John O'Donoghue (ROI) - 394-18v
Warren Dean (USA) - 394-15v

F-Open
Larry Bartholome (USA) - 440-36x
John Brewer (USA) - 432-42v
Bob Bock (USA) - 430-38v
Rick Jensen (USA) - 430-33v
Don Nagel (USA) - 429-33v
Jim Murphy (USA) - 429-30v
John Campbell (UK) - 429-23v
Robert Mead (USA) - 425-24v
Larry Taite (USA) - 423-32v
Conor Murphy (ROI) - 422-27v

The Irish Nationals were an excellent series of matches. The range was outstanding, the range staff well organized, and the wind conditions absolutely brutal. In particular, the last 1000 yard F-T/R relay absolutely got hammered by 20+ mph shifting gusts as different storm fronts rolled through...

outstanding Darrell, good shooting cpt.
congrats to you all.

Team USA wins the New Creedmoor Cup after an outstanding match in brutal conditions. The final score was USA: 7166 - 332v to Ireland: 6849 - 265v. Keep in mind that this is on the international scoring system of 5-v targets... For the 16 man Team, in the US scoring, this would be 14,332 - 664x

The conditions Saturday were simply crazy. At 1000 yards, the wind velocity was 20+ mph, coming from 5 to 7 o'clock. The direction switches were coming so fast that it was tough work, even just to keep the shots in the black. Sunday, the conditions were more readable. Many thanks to our Irish hosts, their range was absolutely world class, and definitely world-class challenging wind!

Glad you guys had fun over here!. Its never easy when the wind wants to do something with your rounds that you don't want it to do! Congratulations team USA

Hey guys. Long time reader, first time poster.

I was one of the privileged few to meet and shoot with the American F-Class guys here in Ireland. I have shot in some comps, but none as memorable or as much fun as this one.

The conditions were brutal, but both sides shot well through the event. I had the pleasure of doing registered keeper for the USA in the actual Creedmoor on Saturday and Sunday. Not to mention got to meet all you guys. Its always a good shot when you come away after making some new friends.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank team USA for an unforgetable competition, and look forward to the next Creedmoor in 4 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darrell Buell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Team USA wins the New Creedmoor Cup after an outstanding match in brutal conditions. The final score was USA: 7166 - 332v to Ireland: 6849 - 265v. Keep in mind that this is on the international scoring system of 5-v targets... For the 16 man Team, in the US scoring, this would be 14,332 - 664x

The conditions Saturday were simply crazy. At 1000 yards, the wind velocity was 20+ mph, coming from 5 to 7 o'clock. The direction switches were coming so fast that it was tough work, even just to keep the shots in the black. Sunday, the conditions were more readable. Many thanks to our Irish hosts, their range was absolutely world class, and definitely world-class challenging wind! </div></div>

Darrell, I believe in US Scoring the score is 15,166-332X, assuming no misses.

"X" count and "V" count are the same.
And we dropped 834 points as a team. (8000 - 7166 = 834)
US Scoring would be 15,166 (16,000 - 834)

Then only thing that would offset the result is if there were any misses, at which point we would have dropped 10 points in the US instead of 5, but other than that I believe we just take the points we dropped and subtract it from the max possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erik Cortina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

"X" count and "V" count are the same.
And we dropped 834 points as a team. (8000 - 7166 = 834)
US Scoring would be 15,166 (16,000 - 834)

</div></div>

Hey Erik,

You've got me on the v/x count... I was in a hurry. LOL

I'll stand by the US scoring "translation". Whereas you are correct, 8000-7166 = 834, in order to subtract that number from the US "total", you need to double it (US values = 2x ICFRA), therefore 1668 points dropped. Then if you take 16000 - 1668, you get the aforementioned 14,332 score.

Will we see you in Lodi next month?

Take care,

Darrell

You can't double it, it doesn't work that way. If you drop one point in ICFRA then it's a 4, but if you double it then it becomes an 8 in USA scoring, when in reality it's a 9.

A point dropped is a point dropped, no matter what system.
If you drop 5 points out of 20 shots then the score is as follows:
ICFRA = 95 - X
USA = 195 - X
If you would double the dropped points then it would be a 190 - X, which is not correct.

See you in Lodi.