• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Tell us your Luckiest witnessed shots ...

A buddy bet me I couldn't shoot out the primers of 3 12 gauge shells at 100 yards. That 6 pack he lost was really smooth....
11643090-64C2-4681-AE2C-0884075B8805-2615-000001CB59DDEE4D_zps3e0778b5.jpg

Record qualification on the final day of BRM in the Army. As a young E-1 shooting an M16A1, I was shooting very well, knocking everything that popped up except one of the 300m targets. By the time I was able to spot it and get on the irons, it went down - so much for a perfect score. I knocked down the rest of my supported shots then when switching to unsupported I kept an eye out for that hard to see 300m target. When it popped up again I frantically got on the irons, walked the front sight post up to the shoulders and started squeezing. It seemed like an eternity for the shot to break and the longer I squeezed, the more strained I got and the muzzle started to wobble. When the shot did finally break I saw that it was quite a bit off to the right of the target. However, I also saw a dust puff off the edge of a pine tree stump about 50m in front and to the right of the target. So I obviously jerked the shot to the right and hit the tree, but the guys behind me were saying I hit the target. I told them it just went down at the time it was supposed to, but they were all saying "no man, it went down before the targets in the other lane - you hit it!" And sure enough, when they called off scores at the end, I indeed shot 38 out of 40. So how did I hit that 300m when I know the shot broke to the right and I saw an impact on a nearby tree stump? The only reasonable conclusion I've been able come to all these years is that I made an unexpectedly lucky shot on the tree stump that chipped off a high velocity piece of bark that struck the plastic target, triggering a hit.

A flying bat with a single shot Stevens Crack Shot .22, witnessed by my best friend.

A rooster pheasant at 80 yards with my Rizzinni O/U 28ga.

Duck hunting the great lakes my buddy bet me I couldn't Kill a duck one handed, a Redhead came thru the decoys full tilt and I rolled him one handed with my arm fully extended out.

At the range last summer I smoked a clay pigeon at 250 yards with my Kimber 1911 .22 Target with the 4th shot.

I watched my dad kill a nice buck at 300 yards with a smooth bore Browning 12ga with a rifled slug and just a bead sight, he use to shoot the 300yd berm for shit and giggles when at the range so he had a pretty good idea of the hold over.

Last winter I was coyote calling with 2 buddies, we had a yote hang up barking at us. I spotted him thru my scope and all I could see was his neck up. I told them I could see him and I was going to shoot him in the head, my buddy ranged it at 460 and I dialed the scope and hit that dog perfectly between the eyes with my 204. They both about shit there pants in dis belief, I was a little surprised too!

happy to see great manufacturers are great shooters too!
may i ask you which suppressor is on your tikka please?

PS i 've an sl7 and a rimfire suppressor and i'm more than happy with it!i'll order an sl5 in a few weeks to.

Not great, just was very lucky :)

The suppressor was a jet-Z COMPACT-BL in 7.62.

Regards!

Tuukka

Took the family out to sling some lead one day...We starting shooting clays from a hand launcher with the shotguns...After we ran out of shot shells my 15 yr old step-son requested to try his hand at it with my Glock 35. I look at him and say " your waisting our time"....but I relented. First shot; HE DRILLS IT! Looks at me and says " you do this all the time Right? I muster up my best poker face and say " not ALL the time"...???

I was camping with a friend and sitting around a table cleaning are guns at night with the camp fire for the only light. Talking trash about how i was a better shot then him today etc. I grab my .22 pistol to clean and he holds up a 25cent coin, says theres no way i can hit it. I load up 1 round and say from where.. he throws it up into the air i just pull and fire, all we see is the coin get shoot away into the darkness. Ive tried that trick a dozen times since then in the daylight and never managed to pull it off, whish i could have found that coin but never did. My friend still teases me about saying theres no proof so it didnt happen ;-). I got him back a few years ago as we went on a baja ca fishing trip and he caught a 300 pound marlin, i took pic's / movie of him doing it with his camera. Later that day he tried to delate 1 picture and delated all of them. So now when ever he tells his fish story i ask him to see the pictures and that it didnt happen if theres no proof ;-).

Mine:

44Mag Ruger rifle; saw a bird land on a berm I know was 550 yards away and decided to pretty much aim WAY over it for the hell of it to see where the round would land (or if it would even go that far). FIL and grandfather were there laughing when they realized what I was trying to do and how retarded I looked aiming the rifle halfway at the sky. Until I hit the bird with the first round.

Witnessed:

Vuciturn area of Kosovo. Was spotting for my partner shooting the G3A3 when we engaged a flanking element of a patrol at roughly 450m. Reported a low hit through the thigh area that punched through yet the soldier went over like he was hit by a truck. Never moved again, laid there flat on his back confusing us as to WTF happened.

Hours later we went out to check if there was anything irregular that happened (secondary hit, etc) we realized by looking at the freshly chipped/scratched portion of the rock wall that they were advancing past that the round went through his thigh, hit the rock wall, ricocheted and went through his right (side facing away from us) eye instantly dropping him.

Last edited: