• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

Got to work a Zeus the other day. WOW. I'm just a beginner and not shooting any national matches. Saving $300ish bucks goes a long way towards other parts(bipod). What are thoughts on Apollo. Most people are talking about Zeus only. How are the Apollos?

All terminus actions are stellar! The Zeus just offers the hand tight barrel change feature and the Aesthetics of the slab action. Personally I wanted the Zeus so buying an Apollo I would have regretted in the end wishing I would have gotten the Zeus. Saving the 300 if you don’t care get the Apollo but I learned long ago that saving that 300 is years of slight regret for not getting exactly what you wanted in the first place. Ends up costing you more in the long run or constant wonder/though of what if

Reactions: Rux and Buzzinga
I hate to say it but so far I'm pretty disappointed. Having feeding issues with all of my mag and chassis set ups. Going to play with it some more over the next week and hopefully get it running smooth. Otherwise it's going to be up on the market and I'll just stick to Impacts.

I hate to say it but so far I'm pretty disappointed. Having feeding issues with all of my mag and chassis set ups. Going to play with it some more over the next week and hopefully get it running smooth. Otherwise it's going to be up on the market and I'll just stick to Impacts.
What chassis, mags, and ammo?

Look on Terminus site, there’s a tab with specs of all the thread tenon. Just wondering if a the chamber chamfer was added to your barrel.

Here’s the link:

I think I've made some progress. Played around with some of my AICS mags and got it feeding well now. Changed out the followers to add a little spring tension.

Bartlein has chambered my last 3 or 4 barrels and they all have had a chamfer so I'm not sure that was the issue. I'm leaning towards mags at this point, being the culprit

Reactions: 631Shooter
I think I've made some progress. Played around with some of my AICS mags and got it feeding well now. Changed out the followers to add a little spring tension.

Bartlein has chambered my last 3 or 4 barrels and they all have had a chamfer so I'm not sure that was the issue. I'm leaning towards mags at this point, being the culprit
Looks like you’re shooting a 6br? MDT makes magazines specifically for this and I’ve had great success with them. However there are unicorns and it’s impossible to find one.

Looks like you’re shooting a 6br? MDT makes magazines specifically for this and I’ve had great success with them. However there are unicorns and it’s impossible to find one.
That's what I had been using. Worked decent in my Impact. Not so well in the Terminus. I have twoore AICS mags on the way and I'll swap out the followers with the MDT kits. See if I can establish a pattern

ah, yea i'm sure bartlein installed them correctly.

Ive got a long action zues. Anybody no if these will feed a double stack mag or single stack only

Its in the new accuracy international axsr chassis. Come with a 338 cip mag. Running a 7 saum and needing a 10 round cip 300wm magazine.

Ive got a long action zues. Anybody no if these will feed a double stack mag or single stack only
According to Joel these are BDL and AICS single stack only. I think you'd have to open the bottom a bunch more to feed from an AI true double stack mag.

So for my rem 700 ai axsr chassis. Am i hosed on a 300wm cip mag. Take a 5 round if i have 2
Yes. You have the chassis already? If it came with a single stack 338 5 rd mag, theres your answer. No matter, its not like you’ll need the room with your 7 saum.

Yes. You have the chassis already? If it came with a single stack 338 5 rd mag, theres your answer. No matter, its not like you’ll need the room with your 7 saum.
Yes it come with a 338 cip single stack mag. I don't need the room just need a 300wm mag. These 7 saums r to loose with the feed lip and brass will go past the rear of the mag.

Yes it come with a 338 cip single stack mag. I don't need the room just need a 300wm mag. These 7 saums r to loose with the feed lip and brass will go past the rear of the mag.
You may want to call on this. After some thought, what you are trying to do wouldnt have worked in the AX chassis. A 300wm mag wont go in the 338 and vice versa. Im a little foggy, which is why I say call. The SR may have changed things.

Reactions: Axel314
Dumb question but.
I have a Apollo lite and barrel incoming. It’s as simple as clamping the barrel and torquing the action then go shoot?

What is the torque spec? Thanks

Dumb question but.
I have a Apollo lite and barrel incoming. It’s as simple as clamping the barrel and torquing the action then go shoot?

I use 65 ft lbs on just about everything. But you will need the action wrench from terminus.

Dumb question but.

Yes sir, barrel vise, action wrench, 7/8 socket, ans torque wrench

It helps, yes. How else will you lock it up. You don't need it, but it's worth having if you can afford it.

I've heard of torques from 50 to 80ftlbs. Generally I use 60 or 65 for 95% of the actions I work with. Rarely is it higher.

Alright, i want to add to this question... What if its a prefit barrel and using a barrel nut, would you still need the action wrench?
When using a barrel nut on a prefit, you are torquing the nut itself to the action after ensuring proper headspace.

When using a shouldered prefit, the action wrench is what is used to torque the barrel to the action.

Reactions: Matt_3479
There’s also no reason to use a barrel nut on the terminus.
Well i disagree, I personally intend to use a pre-fit barrel because i like the idea of being able to switch barrels with a few common tools without having to pay a smith to fit me a barrel. What's the disadvantage of using a pre-fit, aside from having an thicker barrel.

Well i disagree, I personally intend to use a pre-fit barrel because i like the idea of being able to switch barrels with a few common tools without having to pay a smith to fit me a barrel. What's the disadvantage of using a pre-fit, aside from having an thicker barrel.
The Zeus has a quick change option. Can be installed hand tight and holds with set screws. Not to mention the tenon prints are publicly available and the tolerances so good the headspace will be good to go. If you want prefits, call bugholes. They sell hundreds of terminus prefits. No one uses the barrel nut. No one sends their actions in.

Reactions: tydex21
The Zeus has a quick change option. Can be installed hand tight and holds with set screws. Not to mention the tenon prints are publicly available and the tolerances so good the headspace will be good to go. If you want prefits, call bugholes. They sell hundreds of terminus prefits. No one uses the barrel nut. No one sends their actions in.
True the Zeus would have been a nice option but i didn't have that option in my budget. And never heard of bugholes, i'll check them out.

True the Zeus would have been a nice option but i didn't have that option in my budget. And never heard of bugholes, i'll check them out.
The tenon prints are available for all their actions.

any competent barrel smith should be able to make these.