• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

Do you have an easy-ish way to measure your bolt lift? Mine seems heavier than the videos I watch on the Zeus, but maybe I'm just too used to some of my 90 degree actions.

Curious how like say the Vector and Zeus compare.
I’m not sure how I could measure it, honestly. I think a trigger pull gauge won’t be enough.

It also isn’t just the weight of it. It lifts smoother as well. I had a hard time believing it myself until i got behind them one by one. Vector definitely has a heavier lift

Here's some examples

Between my 3 vectors My 2 valors and Zeus there pretty comparable bolt lift

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-131459_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-131459_Facebook.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: Lunchbox27
Got my Zeus and I must say…. You really cannot truly appreciate the action unless you have ran a vector for a few years. The threaded trigger pins are awesome, but I am most impressed with the bolt lift. My Vector has around 1200 rounds through it, plus a few hundred dry fire and the Zeus brand new has a lighter, smoother lift. Tempted to sell the Vector and get another Zeus.

View attachment 7720359
love the carbon bravo! Who did it. Beautiful rifles!! I noticed the same thing between my vector and Zeus the trigger pull gauge is hard as hell to use but I’ve done It a couple times and it does work I just don’t know how accurate

love the carbon bravo! Who did it. Beautiful rifles!! I noticed the same thing between my vector and Zeus the trigger pull gauge is hard as hell to use but I’ve done It a couple times and it does work I just don’t know how accurate
Thanks man! I just got it back today. Local guy to me in MD. Justin with https://eastcoasthydrographic.com/

I’m sure you could really send it to anyone for a dip.

Reactions: Stoweit
Anyone using a Bix n Andy Tacsport Pro on their Zeus? I get a fair amount of resistance when dropping my bolt with my TT Diamond (tried 2 different ones now), and was wondering if having the sear adjustability of the BnA would help smooth that out.

Reactions: huntnh
Not in my Zeus (2 stage TT) but I run the bix. Tacsports in my Valors and vectors. With low sear.

Ask for the low when purchasing from bullet Central

Use code Mason01 for a discount

Reactions: Airw4ves
Anyone using a Bix n Andy Tacsport Pro on their Zeus? I get a fair amount of resistance when dropping my bolt with my TT Diamond (tried 2 different ones now), and was wondering if having the sear adjustability of the BnA would help smooth that out.
I run a TT diamond in mine with no issues

I've never tried a normal TT diamond, but the 2-stage TT diamond was very nice in the Zeus. I'm now on a Huber 700, but out of my 3 Hubers, only 1 of them was super smooth, the other 2 had a slight hitch when closing the bolt. I run those now on my Vudoo.

Thanks man! I just got it back today. Local guy to me in MD. Justin with https://eastcoasthydrographic.com/

I’m sure you could really send it to anyone for a dip.
Looks awesome!! Any other pictures of it

maybe give Joel a call. He times his actions too the trigger tech’s so that’s a little strange. Mine without any joke, almost closes itself. As the bolt begins on the down stroke there is the slightest bit of “resistance” as the lugs begin there roll into place and then the bolt literally springs shut. If I hold just the rifle tight bolt open and “throw” the rifle forward and come to an abrupt stop the bolt will slide from rear most position to a full close on its own

I too received my Zeus a couple of weeks ago. I'm not new to the 60 deg actions as I owned a Curtis before but the Zeus is truly a work of art. I like when I run the bolt to close it, it practically closes itself. Other actions I was considering had a bump or recocking when closing which I didn't like.

Reactions: Familydude
Just placed an order for a Zeus through Evolved Ballistics and a M24 profile Bartlein 6.5CM through Bugholes. It's going to be a long 8 weeks waiting for that barrel...

Just placed an order for a Zeus through Evolved Ballistics and a M24 profile Bartlein 6.5CM through Bugholes. It's going to be a long 8 weeks waiting for that barrel...
Just be glad you aren't a lefty. I've got my barrel (which Southern Precision did pretty dang quick and were awesome) and have had it for several weeks... still waiting for the treatment on the bolt. Joel has the action, but the bolt treatment only is what the hold up is.

Purchased a lefty Terminus Zeus QC a few months back. Joel was awesome to deal with. Actually got mine relatively quickly. Runs like a dream. Purchased a new Bartlein barrel in 6mm Creedmoor from another Hide member. Installation was a breeze. Nothing but good things to say about this action.

This thread has been awesome. After lots of back and forth between a Zeus and Impact 737, I'm now impatiently waiting for my first Terminus Zeus QC to arrive in a couple days. I have an 18" bartlein 6mm blank ready to have chambered in 6CM. Going to make a great coyote rig!

Purchased a lefty Terminus Zeus QC a few months back. Joel was awesome to deal with. Actually got mine relatively quickly. Runs like a dream. Purchased a new Bartlein barrel in 6mm Creedmoor from another Hide member. Installation was a breeze. Nothing but good things to say about this action.
Wish I could get mine. Ordered in August, still waiting for dlc treatment on the bolt apparently....

I'm glad I'm a righty. I purchased an action from evolved ballistics and a 6 creed barrel from front range precision llc. and I was shooting in 5 days.

Reactions: waspocrew
I did the paperwork at my FFL this evening. Pick it up tomorrow. Is tomorrow Christmas?

Reactions: waspocrew
Any time line?
Not really. It's been "expecting them in the next 2 weeks for a while now" . Joel said he doesn't know when they will come in until they show up. He said I should order a barrel when I got off the phone with him when I ordered it in August, so that's what I did. I've had the barrel for a while now. I don't really have much choice but to wait and hope the thing comes in.

No, there is another person who just picked up terminus. Go Big Tactical
I got mine from Tom at Go Big
That’s great news. I had a feeling as he has been slowly eliminating all Curtis merchandise for the past while, but he hasn’t listed the terminus line yet so I just assumed he hasn’t started or was waiting on shipment. I’ve seen him stocking prefits now!! I’d much rather deal with tom so it’s a huge plus in my mind.

That’s great news. I had a feeling as he has been slowly eliminating all Curtis merchandise for the past while, but he hasn’t listed the terminus line yet so I just assumed he hasn’t started or was waiting on shipment. I’ve seen him stocking prefits now!! I’d much rather deal with tom so it’s a huge plus in my mind.
Yes I was stoked when Joel told me that, so I immediately reached out to Tom, and I paid for my zeus and he has them on order. That’s why he hasn’t listed them yet on his website because he’s waiting for his first shipment.

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
Yes I was stoked when Joel told me that, so I immediately reached out to Tom, and I paid for my zeus and he has them on order. That’s why he hasn’t listed them yet on his website because he’s waiting for his first shipment.
That’s awesome. So you haven’t received yours yet? You’ll love it! I bought from bighorn but if Tom had it then I would of went to him

I think I need a apollo light in my life for a light weight hunting build Iv been wanting to do. Anybody have pics and specs on there light weight Apollo builds hoping to come in around 6.5 lbs bare rifle.

Reactions: Matt_3479
That’s awesome. So you haven’t received yours yet? You’ll love it! I bought from bighorn but if Tom had it then I would of went to him
No I haven’t, Tom ordered it back in July, but apparently Joel is having huge delay problems. And yea I was originally in talks with bighorn and was about to buy one from him, only because I thought Tom didn’t have them. But by chance I asked Joel if terminus is ever going to have more support in Canada and he told me Go Big Tactical is now a dealer, so I jumped to Tom. And after rumours I’ve heard about Big horn I immediately just jumped to Tom and purchased my Zeus.

Anybody having an issue with the bolt knob spinning off while running it? Really only happens when I run it fast at a match. I am thinking of putting a couple drops of purple threadlocker on there.

Anybody having an issue with the bolt knob spinning off while running it? Really only happens when I run it fast at a match. I am thinking of putting a couple drops of purple threadlocker on there.

Just loctite it.

I had to do that with my wife's LP Fuzion. No problems since.

This has been an issue with every action I have owned (Bergara, Lone Peak, Defiance, Terminus). Do as you said, put some thread locker on it, and you are set.

The terminus is the only action I own that it seems to spin off with use. Loctite will work, but it is annoying a bit lol.

The terminus is the only action I own that it seems to spin off with use. Loctite will work, but it is annoying a bit lol.
An old race mechanic’s trick was to put a piece of monofilament fishing line through a nut before threading it on a bolt and then trimming the ends off after it’s tightened into place. It’s another non-permanent way of keeping them from working loose from vibration. I’m not sure if it would solve this issue, but it should tighten it up a bit.

An old race mechanic’s trick was to put a piece of monofilament fishing line through a nut before threading it on a bolt and then trimming the ends off after it’s tightened into place. It’s another non-permanent way of keeping them from working loose from vibration. I’m not sure if it would solve this issue, but it should tighten it up a bit.
Thank you, that a unique way of doing it. I use weed wacker line in stripped holes at work. Gives something to fill the gap and the screw to bite too

Interesting - thanks for the info.

Out of curiosity did you get the quick change version or fully threaded?
I got the QC, in my opinion it’s by far the best option, you can get QC barrels and you can also use the fully threaded prefit barrels and torque it on, so you can use both. If you get the fully threaded version you can only use the fully threaded/torqued predicts.