• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

Does the Zeus run BRs in AW mags well?

Or, does it run AWs at all, may ought to be my first question?

If so... I may need to cancel my Lone Peak order ..

I'm waiting to see who the first sponsored PRS shooter that's had the social media posts along the lines of "couldn't have done it without my Curtis Custom - best action EVAH, spun up by gunsmith X and is an absolute hammer, blah blah blah..." jumps ship from Curtis to Terminus.

I'm waiting to see who the first sponsored PRS shooter that's had the social media posts along the lines of "couldn't have done it without my Curtis Custom - best action EVAH, spun up by gunsmith X and is an absolute hammer, blah blah blah..." jumps ship from Curtis to Terminus.

If @Joel Russo is taking sponsorship applications for Terminus, I'm game!

Except that’s not what was on the site. Shows a smaller bolt and threaded trigger pins. Along with the assumption the over insertion of aics mags was solved.

And not everyone reads this thread. Someone is gonna have basically a vector shows up and not what was described.
The latest batch of Vectors fixed the mag issue. That was done earlier this year. I’m running what could be considered as the v1.5.

The latest batch of Vectors fixed the mag issue. That was done earlier this year. I’m running what could be considered as the v1.5.

I have one later than that and it still has the issue.

I’d be pissed. Quite frankly it’s bs that the Vector came on the market without this issue being advertised. Some guys care and some don’t but it’s a lot of money to invest to not be in the know and unfair to new and repeat buyers.

Now that there’s pretty much a working .223 kit for AI rifles available in the hopefully near future, I’ve ditched the vector.

I might try the zues once the newest version is available.

Reactions: kthomas and brianf
Now that there’s pretty much a working .223 kit for AI rifles available in the hopefully near future, I’ve ditched the vector.

I might try the zues once the newest version is available.
Newest version? It just came out and is already getting updates? I don’t make actions for a living but I feel that’s not ok.

Does the Zeus run BRs in AW mags well?

Or, does it run AWs at all, may ought to be my first question?

If so... I may need to cancel my Lone Peak order ..
The Vector will run AW mags so the Zues will. I wasn’t successful in getting my Vector to run them as well as MDT or Accurate mags with 6 CM. Just takes some fiddling to get the mag height just right.

As far as cancelling your Lone Peak I would say do not cancel that order unless you really really really want to run AWs and despise standard bolt lift.

Reactions: kthomas
Either needs more r&d or better quality control inspection.

JMO

The Vector will run AW mags so the Zues will. I wasn’t successful in getting my Vector to run them as well as MDT or Accurate mags with 6 CM. Just takes some fiddling to get the mag height just right.

As far as cancelling your Lone Peak I would say do not cancel that order unless you really really really want to run AWs and despise standard bolt lift.
AWs are life and I run a Tempest because I despise standard bolt lift.... I may ought to order the new Zeus instead.

@Joel Russo Can I get on the list for the upgraded Zeus?

Last edited:
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
@Joel Russo

Seriously looking at the Zeus for my next action. Can you talk more about the quick change barrel feature, how it works, etc.?

Reactions: Kanati
I'm not familiar with the curtis, requires a specially machined barrel?

There’s a tennon print on curtis site.

Basically, it’s a tennon with threads and then no threads. Screw in by hand and two set screws seat on the smooth part of the tennon.

There’s a tennon print on curtis site.

Basically, it’s a tennon with threads and then no threads. Screw in by hand and two set screws seat on the smooth part of the tennon.

Got it, thanks. Somehow in all the switch barrel threads I've read I didn't see this one. What's the verdict on how this works?

Got it, thanks. Somehow in all the switch barrel threads I've read I didn't see this one. What's the verdict on how this works?

Haven’t heard any major complaints about it.

People seem to be having good luck with 15 in/lbs on the set screws.

Reactions: ForgeValley
Damn, that is super easy. Makes me wonder why I still deal with barrel nuts. ?

Who does the barrels though? I'm kind of impatient and like the ability to grab barrels of the shelf with barrel nuts.

Keystone Accuracy does a bunch. Has Kreiger cut rifled and button barrels on the shelf

Who does the barrels though? I'm kind of impatient and like the ability to grab barrels of the shelf with barrel nuts.

A whole host of barrel makers. keystone, paradigm, altus, straight jacket, pva, pretty much anyone. Just get the barrel print off the Curtis website and most any Smith can do a prefit.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but he also has a print for fully thread receiver with no set screws, Ramage prefits if you like that sort of thing. Its an option... I'm on the list for the new Zeus with smaller bolt diameter and I'll be writing up how it compares side by side with the vector.

It’s insanely easy.

Just saw someone on a facebook group already has a Zeus in hand... looks like Joel made it happen. That’s what 3 weeks time between announcing a new company, and a week after website launch and someone already is holding an action?

It’s insanely easy.

Just saw someone on a facebook group already has a Zeus in hand... looks like Joel made it happen. That’s what 3 weeks time between announcing a new company, and a week after website launch and someone already is holding an action?

The current zues are same as current Curtis.

I’m more interested to see how long to get an upgraded zues

The current zues are same as current Curtis.

I’m more interested to see how long to get an upgraded zues

I know, and that for sure makes it easier to deliver. It’s still impressive to me that he launched a company and website with actions ready to ship. Even if it was a design he had previously created/sold.

I agree, I’m watching the new Zeus closely. I’d like to know what all he is changing

Reactions: Dthomas3523
call joel. he has the answer. and he's more than happy to discuss the changes
call joel. he has the answer. and he's more than happy to discuss the changes

Don’t need a quote on a date. I’m interested to see when they are actually in people’s hands.

This industry isn’t exactly known for making deadlines.

Reactions: Fat Dark Earth
I know, and that for sure makes it easier to deliver. It’s still impressive to me that he launched a company and website with actions ready to ship. Even if it was a design he had previously created/sold.

I agree, I’m watching the new Zeus closely. I’d like to know what all he is changing

The production version Zeus model has a .725" diameter bolt (vs the .750" of the initial batch). The .750" bolt was too big causing the feed lips of the mag to hit the bolt body when upward pressure was applied. That geometric change will optimize use with AI & AW mags. Additionally, the rear of the lugs offer more surface contact when in battery. The cocking piece was also redesigned to improve the life cycle of the bolt/fire control system. And the trigger pins are threaded.

BLUF is that Joel made some big changes for the better!

Reactions: Redeye3
He’s not lying on that last part. While Joel was at shot show he was texting me answers to questions I had about an action. Dudes customer service is off the chain.
Plus one on this. Joel has always been very responsive in the past. his cs and product quality at the other company has proven him to be a stand up person. Definitely recommend terminus due to my past experience with him.

Don’t need a quote on a date. I’m interested to see when they are actually in people’s hands.

This industry isn’t exactly known for making deadlines.
well the first ones should be in people's hands right now. and the updated ones very soon as well

The first batch was limited in quantity and is pretty much spoken for because the customer(s) did not want to wait for the production version.

I just purchased a zeus and then just read this forum. Im trying to figure out today before its shipped if i am getting the old version of the vector or the new updated one. Does anybody no if the updated ones r even available yet. If its the older version im going to cancel the order.

I just purchased a zeus and then just read this forum. Im trying to figure out today before its shipped if i am getting the old version of the vector or the new updated one. Does anybody no if the updated ones r even available yet. If its the older version im going to cancel the order.
call/email joel for confirmation. don't wanna say too much one way or another

call/email joel for confirmation. don't wanna say too much one way or another

This!

I have a vector and Joel still talks to me. He is a stand up guy, and actually gives a shit about the products he puts out. If you're not happy, I'm sure he will make it right.

I’m anxious to see how people like the mods, I sold my vector after Joel moved out and have missed it. I see myself with either a Zeuss or an Apollo to replace my tl3

LOL, you're as bad as I am, Bro! I got my Vector, haven't even shot it and now I'm looking at TL3's. I need help, or a winning lottery ticket.

Here it is...

Solid information on there for current actions and specs, and what Terminus has coming soon. Enjoy!