• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Actions

A quick note of clarification on the Zeus....
The small batch of Zeus actions that I made from the original print are all gone.

If you placed an order with me, I would have asked you if you want the old or updated version. I am running the new version, .725” bolt and updates, on Monday. Should be finished in about a week. Running quite a few actions to fill all the current orders, and put about 50 actions on the shelf.
Every Zeus from this point forward will be the new version.
I hope this information is helpful.

Feel free to call me if you like to discuss.
717-805-0940

A quick note of clarification on the Zeus....
The small batch of Zeus actions that I made from the original print are all gone.

If you placed an order with me, I would have asked you if you want the old or updated version. I am running the new version, .725” bolt and updates, on Monday. Should be finished in about a week. Running quite a few actions to fill all the current orders, and put about 50 actions on the shelf.
Every Zeus from this point forward will be the new version.
I hope this information is helpful.

Feel free to call me if you like to discuss.
717-805-0940
Will be calling tomorrow to order... ready to put this 22BR together :D

@Joel Russo , if i purchase a spare bolt ($375), is it the whole complete bolt with fire-pin/control?

Reason I ask, because I've watch multiple videos where folks are just changing out the bolt body but re-using the fire-pin/control group.

Ordered an updated Zeus with Magnum bolt, may also pickup a .308 bolt to run on the same action.

Thanks! Can't wait to get the action in my hands!

Reactions: DisplacedTexan
So I'm intrigued by the Zeus a lot.

But is the consensus in on the setscrew method of barrel retention? I was reading the Vector thread where it seems like the mechanism was leading to distension and headspace changes. He had to end up crush fitting his barrel to make it work.

I'm looking at the Zeus as my end all action. I'm tired of switching. But I would like to have confidence that the barrel switch mechanism is what will work for not just one barrel but tens or so down the line.

The price is high but if it means I can reliably break down a PRS gun into a Pelican 1700, which does not get an oversized luggage charge, then I will gladly pay the premium. Also, I want to be able to bed this in a stock and change barrels without breaking the bedding.

Also, what is the specific mechanism by which the over-insertion has been remedied? Will this still allow AI and AW mags?

And what are these rear cocking geometry changes? I wasn't aware that they were leading to destruction of the contact area.

If I hear back from Joel, I'll let you all know. But maybe he'll answer here first.

Either way, I'm super excited for this. In the camera world people say "Date camera bodies, marry lenses.". But in the rifle ADHD world it's "date barrels and cartridges, but marry actions."

Last edited:
Joel, long shot, but is there any chance you will be building barrelled actions?

Any single shot versions of your actions in the works?
Any updates on the Helios action, and its release date?
Thanks

I emailed Joel yesterday, they're working on updating the website. $1300 for the Helios, and as far as barreled actions go, Joel said he might be able to accommodate that depending on how busy they are at the shop, so it would likely be a case by case basis it sounds like.

Reactions: Simia Dei
I emailed Joel yesterday, they're working on updating the website. $1300 for the Helios, and as far as barreled actions go, Joel said he might be able to accommodate that depending on how busy they are at the shop, so it would likely be a case by case basis it sounds like.
Awesome, cheers for chasing that info up. A barrelled action will make it a lot easier to sort at this end

Reactions: 7mmShooter
Having seen what I've seen with bighorn/savage prefits in bighorn actions and mauingfield+barloc combos, I'll politely say I'm skeptical about the barrel retention method.

If it were me, I'd put flats on the barrel and torque it on and not mess with the set screws.

Disclaimer: I haven't used the setscrew setup, just talking about low-torque experience with other actions.

Having seen what I've seen with bighorn/savage prefits in bighorn actions and mauingfield+barloc combos, I'll politely say I'm skeptical about the barrel retention method.

If it were me, I'd put flats on the barrel and torque it on and not mess with the set screws.

Disclaimer: I haven't used the setscrew setup, just talking about low-torque experience with other actions.
I ordered mine full thread for the standard shouldering method.

Do we have a release date for the Helios

Joel, are you considering adding a controlled round feed option?

I like the option of being able to retrieve a chambered round without having to go search for it because it got flung off into the botanics, or especially in the snow. Not necessarily a show stopper but if I invest several thousand smackers into a build then I do want to be able to check off all the nice to have/want options. Doesn't detract from it being a great action but a personal preference once an action is the price of a decent factory rifle.

I like the option of being able to retrieve a chambered round without having to go search for it because it got flung off into the botanics, or especially in the snow. Not necessarily a show stopper but if I invest several thousand smackers into a build then I do want to be able to check off all the nice to have/want options. Doesn't detract from it being a great action but a personal preference once an action is the price of a decent factory rifle.
you're describing more the mechanical ejector than CRF. different operations

From my previous Russo-related action I would have no worries with the push feed aspect and would carry that rifle anywhere for any game.

I would however be very interested in the addition of a mechanical ejector, I like them.

I do not expect it to be an option.

you're describing more the mechanical ejector than CRF. different operations
True, but in my previous experience the mechanical ejector and controlled round feed have been like horse and buggy; and as I stated it is my personal preference, wasn't referring to it being yours.

I'm curious is there any other 3-lug CRF actions? I enjoy all of the actions. Got 2 Nucleus', waiting to pickup my LA Archimedes. Got a TL3 and Origin on order. Also waiting on the Zeus. Really like the Zeus' switch bbl setup.

Anyone running an updated zues yet? If so, will the bolt drag or bind with upward pressure on the magazine running aics mags?

Anyone receive their Helios?
Wondering about the performance

Reactions: Earnhardt
Sorry for the late response here, not sure why I wasn’t getting these alerts. I’m sure I answered most of these questions in emails or phone calls, but I’ll address them here as well.

Slightly behind the curve as I had a death in the family. Appreciate your patience as we move forward.

So I'm intrigued by the Zeus a lot.

But is the consensus in on the setscrew method of barrel retention? I was reading the Vector thread where it seems like the mechanism was leading to distension and headspace changes. He had to end up crush fitting his barrel to make it work.

I’ve used this barrel retention method, and it works without issue as long as the tennon is threaded to the print. I have not seen any headspace issues.
I understand if you’re hesitant with this operation. You can torque a barrel on the conventional way, and always have the barrel change option available.

I'm looking at the Zeus as my end all action. I'm tired of switching. But I would like to have confidence that the barrel switch mechanism is what will work for not just one barrel but tens or so down the line.

The price is high but if it means I can reliably break down a PRS gun into a Pelican 1700, which does not get an oversized luggage charge, then I will gladly pay the premium. Also, I want to be able to bed this in a stock and change barrels without breaking the bedding.

Being a stock maker, I have conventionally bedded barreled actions with this switch barrel set up without risk of damaging the bedding. You will need to clearance the barrel shank when bedding, so that there is clearance when you remove and replace barrels. A simple operation of wrapping the shank with pipe tape to provide the .020”-.030” clearance. Feel free to call me if you would like more information on this method.

Also, what is the specific mechanism by which the over-insertion has been remedied? Will this still allow AI and AW mags?

Because the Zeus has a .725” bolt, it does not see interference with mag feed lips while in operation.

And what are these rear cocking geometry changes? I wasn't aware that they were leading to destruction of the contact area.

Not sure what you’re referring to about rear cocking changes...the .725” bolt allows more floor in the action. I redesigned the cocking piece to allow smooth cocking piece to receiver interface. These two design changes make for a smooth operating action.

If I hear back from Joel, I'll let you all know. But maybe he'll answer here first.

Either way, I'm super excited for this. In the camera world people say "Date camera bodies, marry lenses.". But in the rifle ADHD world it's "date barrels and cartridges, but marry actions."
Joel, long shot, but is there any chance you will be building barrelled actions?

Unfortunately I won’t be, but I can refer you to a few competent builders.

Any single shot versions of your actions in the works?

Yes, I will have a Helios single shot action this week. It’s going to a reputable builder for some evaluation.

Any updates on the Helios action, and its release date?

The Helios is in production and numerous actions have been shipped to date.

Thanks
Anyone running an updated zues yet? If so, will the bolt drag or bind with upward pressure on the magazine running aics mags?

The bolt will not drag or bind on the feed lips due to the .725” bolt.

I hope this information helps. I apologize if I didn’t address all questions.

As always with Terminus... feel free to call, text, or email, we respond!

Teaser photos of a lighweight hunting project Joel is working on. 24" 6.5 PRC Apollo Lite/Ti @ 6.5lbs **Posted with Joel's permission**

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(5).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(5).jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 313
  • imagejpeg_1(3).jpg
    imagejpeg_1(3).jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 348
Check out this insane accuracy from Terminus...

Just realized it's almost impossible to see. Here are the actual images...

Attachments

• IMG_3787.jpg
    IMG_3787.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3788.jpg
    IMG_3788.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3790.jpg
    IMG_3790.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Luka and JakeM
Great shooting, but an action has little to do with the precision of a rifle, so I don't think it's fair to credit that to the action...

You are not wrong by what you said, but it can be argued that high tolerances, concentricity, and a solid fire control group play more than a little factor in a bolt action rifle's accuracy. This rifle was also built by Joel Russo, aka Terminus actual, and Joel is a perfectionist, haha. So overall I would say that the quality of an action plays more than a little factor in the overall performance of a rifle.

Last edited: